1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T. vs. Larry D.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by WizzyWig, Oct 10, 2001.

1. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Larry Dierker should take some lessons from Rudy T. on decision making, because after the decisions he has made in this year's playoffs for the Astros he may end up with out a job.

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

may end up without a job?

Mark my words......

Dierker is gone!

3. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

Man I hope so.

You know, the theories about Dierker wanting to be fired may have something.

With the losing streak, the Barry Bonds debacle, the Dotel/Jackson thing in game one, and the Truby thing in day 2.

Dierker's been on my nerves for a while. I can't help but think about earlier in the season when we still had Jay Powell. Every Astros fan knew that if you put Powell in the game with runners already on base that those runners would score. Yet time after time if Dierker pulled a pitcher in the middle of an inning and there were runners on base who did he call? Jay freakin Powell. Then of course it took him forever to realize that Lima sucked and they needed to banish him to the bullpen. Same thing with Bottenfield. The guy is an idiot. I have no clue how this team finished in first.

I realize it's weird to criticize a manager who's won 4 division championships in 5 years but he's made some awful decision this year that make you say, "****, what the hell are you doing?"

You know, they fired Ruhle and McCraw last year saying that the players had heard everything they had to say. Maybe they can use the same line for Dierker.

End rant.

4. haven

haven Member

Dierker's decisions are boneheaded.

Why PH Truby over Ward? No sense at all.

Mike Jackson, who gives up a run more often than not, or Dotel?

Duh. Duh. Duh.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

NOt only does Larry make bad decisions, he's also surly and the players apparently don't like him. Of course, who have the players liked?

I don't htink Drayton would fire Larry for the mere cost of it.