1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

These guys have no heart.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RocketsPimp, Oct 10, 2001.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Aside from Dierker SUCKING A$$, this Astros team has absolutely no heart. They can't perform in the clutch, hit into endless double plays, get shut out in their own ball park which is supposed to be one of the most offensive parks in the league and are obviously afraid to confront their manager about his very questionable decisions. Someone in the clubhouse has got to become a leader because it is painfully obvious there no one has the balls to stand up and try to lead this team.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To me it is not about heart but a lack of toughness, or more pionently a MEAN streak.

They are too nice......our pitchers NEVER throw inside to back someone off the plate.

DaDakota

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Same old Astros...

When is Mlicki EVER going to pitch that well again?

One unearned run, thanks to Jul-<b>E</b>-o Lugo, no offensive production (Bagwell has done more for singles during this series than the Dating Game), and it looks like Berkman is following Bagwell and Biggio's lead when it comes to postseason hitting...

basketball can't get here soon enough...

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Killer Bees with no sting.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

How can they live with no heart? :D

It's not like we didn't know this was going to happen. We are going up against some of the toughest pitching in the league right now. These are proven veterans. We got lucky the first game and scored some runs. The second game we did not.

I expect we will lose the next one as well. It's our destiny to lose to the Braves. Noone can say it's not. They spank us whenever they want. Maybe not all the time in the regular season when it's not worth as much....but always in the postseason.

It reminds me of the Houston Rockets whenever they used to play Seattle and lose every STINKING TIME.

It's our density......I mean....our destiny :( .

Surf

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

today was so sad. I've become so conditioned over the years to Astros playoff baseball that, at no point in the game, did I ever have any genuine hope for them to come through. I didn't even feel let down by them. it would have been like feeling let down when Friends ends after 30-minutes.

runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out? time for a rally?

no. truby strikes out. biggio grounds out weakly. like clockwork. no alarm and no surprises.

I didn't get upset, either, because my body and mind have come to accept that this what happens to the Astros when the Astros are in that situation in the playoffs.

I only watched to see how the Astros would fail to perform.

the worst part of today's game was how clearly it showed that we completely pissed away a beautiful opportunity yesterday with dierker's bumblekcuf moves.

dotel comes in and pitches nails. vizcaino gets a pinch hit. cruz comes in and pitches wonderfully. the 'stros waste a complete gem from mlicki [the guy we got for F-ing jose lima!!!] by getting shutout after not being shutout the entire season.

Astros playoff baseball. . . it's fannnnnntastic!

brad F-ing ausmus hits a home run yesterday, and dave F-ing mlicki doesn't give up an earned run. but how much money are we paying bagwell, biggio, alou, hidalgo, berkman, astacio?

I wonder if this is what it feels like to be a Red Sox fan. . . do you think maybe bagwell brought a little of the Bambino's curse with him from Boston?

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Yeah it sucked hard.

Why pinch hit TRUBY????

Merced or Daryl Ward , not Truby (Triple A)

Milicki did his part though. It was the bats again.

Double Play Berkman - two in one game man!!! :mad:

Dotel looked good though.

Still a small chance of hope with Shane Reynolds and Roy Oswalt.

Then Wade Miller would pitch Game 5.

Believe a little..... Cry a lot. :(

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Great Back to the Future quote. My Top 5 movies of all time! :D

Finally something to smile about.