1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just once I would like to see Yao fight.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Apr 10, 2007.

1. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I think the one thing that will permanently send Yao to the elite level is a fight. Yao's biggest problem is that he's not consistantly in a kickass mode ( neither, too, is T-Mac ) and he goes into phases where even if he scores he's not putting the fear of God into opponents like he should. Yao's semi-passiveness is to him what laziness is to Shaq.

Admit it, you all honestly enjoyed that brief moment in the 3rd tonight after Collison tackled him and Yao went apeshlt on the Sonics ( until God knows why, Van Gundy pulled him to the bench...never quite figured that one out ). I'd like to see this Yao in an entire playoff series.

Just once I'd like to see Yao fight.

2. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Member

no thanks suspension is not needed

3. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Member

as long as the suspension doesn't interfere with home court advantage.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

ADD: Truthfully, there is no doubt in mind he would've tore Collison a new a-hole tonight if it happened.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I would rather just see him healthy and playing pissed off.

Leave the fighting for Ron Artest and Carmelo Anthony. :p

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Well, assuming it's only a 4 game suspension...

7. Loop

Loop Member

Yao doesn't need to act like a thug to improve his game. Instead, he should focus on dominanting his opponent like he did in the 3rd quarter every minute he's out on the floor.

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

just let Collison on the Olympic Team that goes to China then we'll see if he comes back... >:)

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Who said he has to be a thug? Would you think Dream a thug if he retaliated? There's something holding Yao back and I do believe there's an inner-Shaq in him waiting to come out and wreck havok like he ought to.

10. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

I don't want him to fight, and I wouldn't want him to get in one, but you are right. Just once, I would like to see him just snap and go all out.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

i'd much rather see artest vs darius miles in a 12 round ppv

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Great idea. Lets have Yao get in a fight so he can be suspended for the rest of the season and we lose home court.

13. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

That's all I'm saying. He just needs to do it once and get it over with. Hulk is no good as Bruce Banner.

14. heypartner

heypartner Member

I do not want to see JVG being flung around like a rag doll while hugging Yao's ankle during a bench clearing brawl.

15. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I was speaking hypothetically, fool. And it didn't have to be this time. Maybe sometime early next season and watch him come back as Super Pissed Yao.

16. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

LOL. You're funny. I like you :D

17. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Darius Miles can't fight. All he does is that stupid head bonking thing with Corey Maggette.

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I do. :) But only in a comical way like the Knicks-Heat

19. orbb

orbb Member

When you are Yao or Shaq's size, you dont throw punches. There's a good chance you will seriously injure or kill someone. So no. I'd rather not see Yao fight and become another Kermit Washington.

20. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Yao is not in the same power level as Shaq plus Collison/Desmond Mason/Tim Thomas are big enough guys who could withstand a Yao punch. And Kermit Washington could only do what he did because Rudy ran at him full steam...and Kermit wasn't aiming for Rudy.