1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Long interview with JVG, Yao, TMac after 4/7 practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Grab a drink and some popcorn and take a seat. This is a long interview with JVG after todays practice. He has a lot to say about the recent play of the team and will certainly create a lot of discussion. Yao and TMac follow.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/11565854/index.html

hilltopper

2. yaominn

yaominn Member

so jeff basically saying tmac and yao did not get the importnace of hca.

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

it's true. and i'm glad JVG said that ****. now t-mac and yao will stop being all relaxed and laffy-taffy and get Piassed.

4. Omer

Omer Member

T-Mac said he actually wanted to play the Portland game and play normal minutes for the rest of the remaining games.

Wow, he better play next game, I would like 50 wins at least.

5. Pocket Rockets

wait, i cant access the vid from work....but is there miscommunication here?

jeff wants them to play, tmac wanted to play...yet he sat out?

6. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Thanks for the link.

Interesting to say the least. JVG seems to call out Yao and Tmac early in his interview. Basically questioning if they are "hurt" or just "banged up". Tmac in his interview says that he wanted to play but JVG held him out. :confused: Who do we believe?

I am glad that Tmac seems upset that they haven’t taken advantage of Utah's recent losses and realizes that going into the playoffs they need to be playing well. Hopefully his actions in the next few games will speak louder.

Also glad to hear that JVG is going to play Bonzi the last 6 games and try to see if he will have an impact in the playoffs. We need his offense and hopefully he still has enough time to get his game back.

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I'd rather our stars be healthy at this point, rather than try to achieve some kind of moral victoy these last 2 weeks. Obviously this team lacks the killer attitude/instinct that our 04-05 team had, and if they don't have it now they won't have it by the playoffs. I would let Mac and Yao rest these last 6 games especially if they're "only hurt" as JVG said. Play Bonzi.

8. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

Its funny how JVG said if the players (Yao and TMac) are healthy, they will play.
    Then TMac in his interview said he wanted to play in the Portland game, and JVG told him not to. Miscommunication? :confused:

9. Pocket Rockets

so let me ask you this...if tmac or yao get hurt in the 1st game of the playoffs...do we blame it on them not being in game shape?

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

This is a "love it" or "hate it" interview with Van Gundy, and I just want to say that I love it. I can only imagine how far he could take a team of mentally tough, hard working players with killer instinct...kind of like the 90's Knicks...

As for Yao and Tracy, they still seem to not "get it" 100%. Tracy says he's not really worried about what Utah is doing. Why shouldn't he be? What they do is determining home court just as much as what we're doing, AND we are destined to meet them in the playoffs. I'd have my finger on their pulse 24/7.

EDIT: I just finished the video and can't believe that Tracy basically said verbatim that he doesn't get the importance of home court. Is he a certifiable dumbass or something? He remembers losing on the road to Detroit in a Game 7 after saying it felt good to be in the second round, doesn't he? I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the 40 point beat down the Mavs put on us IN Dallas in Game 7. I find it hard to believe that Van Gundy hasn't mentioned the winning %'s that go along with home court advantage...

How can anybody not get it? :confused:

#10 ClutchCityReturns, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  11. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

VERY VERY VERY good interview with JVG. Tmac and Yao had somethings to say as well.

Highlights:

JVG:

JVG said he WILL play Bonzi during the last 6 games to firm Bonzi up and determine what he will do rotation wise in the playoffs.

Team isn't giving it all and making sacrafises during the loses. Lacking effort. Injuries not an excuse. Furious at the turnovers.

Players don't get the importance of homecourt. Same as Utah and teams in the East. WE JUST DON'T GET IT. Only the coaches are realizing it.

He LOVE LOVE this team, but HATE HATE the mentality.

Don't want the players to live with regrets without Team Success. Careers are short and not experience this team success other players have is exhausting and miserable when it is all done with. Want to be a champion. Want Success.

Thinks TMAC and Yao are going to Hall of Fame.

Not out talent people, you have to out-mentalize and out-tough people.

Yao:

Feeling better. Will try play against Sacramento. Try stay in shape.

Attitude is very important for this team with playoffs so close.

Tmac:

Feeling better. Game is questionable. Coach's decisions.

Want to play and be in shape go into the playoffs.

Not worrying about how Utah is doing, just worrying about how we couldn't cover some ground when we had the chance to.

Need to close out games, blowing games is inexcusable.

We don't understand. Only 2 players have been further than 1st round. Unexperienced in playoffs as a team.

It is a good interview to see how JVG and the 2 stars are doing

12. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

JVG calling out both of our two "great superstars" before our playoff journey begins.....and I agree wholeheartly because neither Yao or Tracy has shown any sort of leadership qualities, mental toughness, or balls of steel ever since they donned Rocket uniforms.

Message to Yao and Tracy: You two ain't winners, okay? Better yet, both of you guys have been career LOSERS...you can't just "kick it in gear" when you feel like it because if you were that talented then beating teams like Pho., Dallas, or even Utah wouldn't be as difficult as it seems.

13. yaominn

yaominn Member

I am not sure if this is a good thing or not, it looks like the whole team lost the composer after the uta game, including jvg. i hope i am wrong.

14. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

So this moron leaves a true talent sitting on the bench all season
    Veto's a trade getting Juwan out of here
    Tells Rafer Mr Chucker to continue shooting low percentage 3's
    Decides to dog all of the rookies
    Won't take any responsibility for anything wrong with the team
    Then he blames it on Yao and Tmac who are the reason he has a job.

and he talks about someone not understanding HCA?

and you agree with this madness? How many players now have said they are ready to play and they didnt this season? How many times have we heard this same story? Is it a coincidence? This guy is a loser.

15. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

wow talk about putting your own spin on things. when the reporter told him what JVG said about the importance of HCA he started talking about how only about 4 guys on the team have played in the playoffs and only two have advanced past the first round. and he said he doesn't understand because HE NEVER ADVANCED. so his reasoning is that until he advances he can't speak on the mentality required to advance in the playoffs.

and when the reporter mentioned to him about utah's losses while we were dropped those two games he said it's not really about what utah is doing, but what the rockets aren't doing.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, and...?

What did I spin?

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

An amazing interview.......the most I have ever liked JVG. He is 100% right about the team's mentality

He is basically calling out Tmac and Yao for feigning injuries.....

And Tmac said he was ready to play the Portland game but JVG held him out.....

I wonder where all the people are now that said that our guys were truly injured?

DD

#18 DaDakota, Apr 7, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Hilltopper,

You seem to be getting your hands on a lot of insider videos and such lately. Much appreciated.

Is it possible to get some video feedback from Rocket PowerDancers in their lockerroom and shower? I am interested to know how they feel about Yao and Tmac sitting out the last couple of games.

Thanks.

20. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

Any St.Edward's Hilltopper can get into a womans locker room, especially when they're showering.

Thats how hilltoppers roll.... :cool: