1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Husband kills wife's lover; wife charged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson -- thinking quickly, if not clearly -- cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment -- against the wife, not the husband.

The grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

"If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do," said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. "I probably would have done the same thing."

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, 'I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.' "

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

Darrell Roberson's attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

His wife also was charged with making a false report to a police officer -- for allegedly saying she was raped -- and could get up to six months behind bars on that offense. It was not immediately clear whether she had a lawyer.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/30/texas.manslaughter.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

What a b****. She deserves jail.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not saying she is a good person, but I don't think the lady knew what was about to happen. Instead of owning up to what she started she tried to cover herself, which a lot of people would do. How was she supposed to know her husband would kill the guy? I wonder how she felt after hubby pulled the trigger.

Maybe she did think deadly force would likely be used. If so, she should get life without parole IMO. Otherwise, she didn't pull the trigger on anyone and never intended for anyone to be harmed. I'm not defending her but just trying to add perspective for the sake of discussion. If the law allows a conviction under these circumstances, the jury must consider this when sentencing her.

On the other hand, you have the need for justice for the victim and his family.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You know... "b!tches" like these tend to do things like this.. b!tch moves.

Back stabbing dishonest self-serving whores who are too scared to own up to anything, and placing blame on others is their natural reaction.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Simple: Don't cheat.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Instead of owning up again, she lied to the police.

I wouldn't consider her a murderer, but there's a dead man, and it's clearly someone's fault. Manslaughter is a fair charge.

I hope the courts go easy on her.

7. Sam18

Sam18 Member

They shoulda just Eiffel Towered her. Killing is so wrong.

8. Elle Woods

Elle Woods Member

I have to agree with the jury here. It's doesn't matter wether or not she knew or even anticipated what her husband's actions would be. He comes home, finds his wife in the bed of a truck messing around with some guy and she cries rape in a pathetic attempt to cover herself. The husband shoots the guy in an effort to protect his wife, I like to think that most husbands would do the same thing if their wives were in danger. Stupid woman! :rolleyes:

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

i wonder if he died with some satisfaction? at least we know one guy got to blow his load.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ole girl lead her husband to beleive she was being Raped
    She facilitated a situation in which death was the outcome

I remember some years ago a Teacher manipulated her student/lover
    to kill her husband. . . .this is not so different

Rocket River

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

With all respect to the dead, I htink the biggest victim in the entire thing is the husband.

imagine being made into a murderer by your cheating wife.

he is the only guy who was where he was supposed to be, doing what he was supposed to do. the lover and the wife can't say that.

12. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Dude, "Family Guy" is not real life.

I can't imagine what he's feeling right now, but I also have a really hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that shooting the other guy in the head is what he was supposed to do.

13. hotballa

he didnt pop him point blank. the guy was in the truck trying to get away. I don't carry a gun but if I did, I would have instinctively used it to try to stop a rapist from getting away. In that kind of situation, you see a man who raped your wife about to get away, I can't see any guy who wouldn't do whatever he could to stop him.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it is was made into a TV Movie. .

Rocket River
    I don't even watch the Family Guy

15. hotballa

i forgot the name. I think Nicole Kidman starred in it.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agreed. I don't think there's any man in this world who wouldn't be out for blood if he comes home and his wife is being "raped". Granted, murder is an extreme case, but still...all you could think about is destroying the guy.

17. famicom

famicom Member

I was thinking of Wayne's World 2 but that didn't involve a teacher

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

i would shoot a man raping my wife. period.

sorry if anyone finds that offensive in any way.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While the man was definitely getting it on with someone who he knew was married, I do find it a little disturbing that the most anyone will serve in the case is 20 years. Having sex with someone who is of age and consenting is not illegal - immoral or unethical in this case, sure - but not illegal.

Certainly someone should be put in jail for more than 2 to 20 years. My vote is for the wife.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I always enjoy reading the male response to the females in these type of stories/threads...

"b**** w**** b**** w**** b**** w****..... whorebitch!"

;)