1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joakim Noah

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by krocket, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MONON

MONON Member

The opposite can't be said, namely 2/3 of the players to reach the last 27 NCAA finals have led NBA teams to a chamionship. I would bet that 2/3 of those college players haven't even made an NBA team.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What is the % since all the high school kids like KG and Kobe were allow into the league?

3. m0lson

m0lson Member

Dude Noah is so overrated. He doesn't lead his team in any categories except for blocks.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Leading your team isn't always about stats. Those kids play well when he plays well. He's their emotional and court leader. Where so ever Noah goes, the Gators shall follow.

To be honest... if I were a recruiter for the Rockets.. I would be looking at Taurean Green before Noah however. He's a point gaurd with a decent looking shot, when he's dishing assists.. they win big. He was much better with passing last year.. I think this year he's been doing more shooting. At least of the games I have seen him playing.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wouldn't touch this kid with a 10-foot pole.....

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It's not as much, obviously, but I think it has little to do with HSers. You had a run of Shaq and Duncan and the Pistons (who led them?) and then Wade/Shaq. I don't think there has been a HSer lead an NBA team to the championship. I guess Moses came closest.

7. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I'm big on picking up role players from good programs. The Rockets' rotation with Battier (Duke), Howard (Michigan), Head (Illinois), Hayes (Kentucky), and Deke (Georgetown) exemplify that philosophy; and a future rotation player like Novak (Marquette) shares the pedigree. The lesser collegiate backgrounds of Snyder (Nevada), Rafer (Fresno State), and Bonzi (Ball State) is reflected in their handling of high pressure situations and the trust (gained or lost) that goes with it.

I'm certainly not the biggest Noah guy, but can you imagine him as an understudy to both Deke and Howard, rebounding and rolling to the basket in tandem with Hayes? It could be a Lenny Kravitz colored frontcourt combo made in heaven. If he were to drop late into-or out- of the lottery, I think the Rockets would be wise to look at moving up for him.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Noah returns to school in the absence of a Shelden Williams style guarantee.

#27 tacoma park legend, Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

yeah right. like Bosh is better than Yao. :rolleyes:

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Noah has marginal NBA player written all over him. Aside from"energy" there's almost no trait you can use to talk him up. He's way too light at the 4, but doesn't have the agility or skills to play at the 3. No footwork, no explosiveness, easily mowed down by physical bigs, etc. Oh, and he can't shoot to save his life. He gets his rebounds by having twice the reach of most anyone in college, but that won't save him in the pros. He'll be the first or second big off the bench.

Evan

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

11. baller4life315

LOL Good find....He's doing Noah's trademark "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" scream he does everytime he grabs a rebound, makes a layup or gets fouled.

12. pacertom

pacertom Member

His stock will drop when in workouts he does shooting drills and find that his range is about 12 feet.

He is a good passer, defender, dribbler, and should be a very late lottery pick. He won't score much though except through hustle points.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

He is a pop star. I like his fire but not his skills. He would have gotten much more last year, his stock has dropped.

14. jl3forprez

jl3forprez Member

noah is HORRIBLE i would take connor atchley from texas over him just because he has 10 times more range and he hustles more

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Does this guy have a jump shot? All I see is another Chuck Hayes - banger, puts his body on the line, JVG guy.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

all the concerns being brought up except for the dumbfounding hate are similiar to how david lee was described by the media in his pre-draft.

noah might be able guard some 2's like rybo and he's alleged to be actually 7 feet. that's another interesting prospect on matchups. i think noah will succeed in the nba at the very least as a solid starter someday.

17. jl3forprez

jl3forprez Member

Noah is similiar to david lee!!!!!!!!! what a load of crap noah is a version 2.0 of ryan bowen that is his similarity

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

you don't read and comprehend therefore blindly post crap

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I would.

I would love if the Rockets could get him with their pick (of course he will be gone). Very coordinated for his size. He did pretty well covering perimeter guys even. Also very team oriented and versatile.

Now would I spend a high lotto on him, no. But I do think he is 2nd half of the lotto to middle 1st round quality.

Heck I would love to add Noah, Horford or Brewer--but I think they will all be gone before the 20s. That front line was so sick I don't think you saw how outstanding each one would be as on a normal team, and Noah may be the worst but he is still a lot better than many of you credit him.

20. baller4life315

I meant that in the sense of if I was a lottery team would I take him where he's projected to go. The very fact that he's even considered a top ten prospect automatically brings the quality of this draft down a few notches. Add to that how Oden dominated him and Horford and you understand why i'm scoffing at the idea of him being taken so highly. Oden is another top ten prospect and he's leaps and bounds better than Noah -- it shouldn't be that way.

Would I take Noah if he fell to the Rockets? Of course. He could be a great garbageman and he's definitely one of those players that are going to help you way more than they're going to hurt you. Noah is never, ever going to be a franchise player but he could certainly become a solid rotation player given the right situation.