1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring on the ATL....

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by gr8-1, Oct 7, 2001.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

What do you think of our chances? I'm somewhat nervous, to tell you the truth. I'm not sure we're gonna be favored, and I'm not sure I want us to be favored.

BTW, the Stros didn't exactly storm the field when they won, are we just too classy for that? Or is it not as big a deal as I think it is?

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

ATL will be SOL in the NLDS

Watch out for the Astros!!! :D

3. gr8-1

Key Player for the Braves: Surhoff and Andruw JOnes. You know that their pitching will keep them in games, but can these guys help Jordan andLarry Jones?

For the STros: Dave Mlicki and Alou. Alou has had alot of playoff experience and has played well. Mlicki is our game 4 starter (if there is one), most likely against Milwood, someone who has shut us down before.

Well, and let's hope Roy is healthy,

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

5. Timing

Timing Member

I can only imagine how bad ass the 'Stros would be with a healthy Astacio, Oswalt, and Hernandez. It's a damn shame...

I heard Javy Lopez won't play in this series so that's a good thing considering he's tortured the 'Stros.

6. gr8-1

Wow. And Perez hasn't played much either. He was the one who stated that the Braves would sweep the Stros a couple of years ago (they did btw, :rolleyes: ) Would love to get revenge on the ATL and Perez. We owe them.

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I wonder what Joe Morgan has to say now?

Not that I really care

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

As a big time Brave fan, I am looking forward to this series. I wanted no part of the Cards since they seem to own us.

The key to winning for us is to continue to silence the Killer B's. I think we will have the edge in pitching and with Smoltz in the bullpen, we are really solid there when we need to close.

I say this. If the Braves score 4 runs, the Stros will most likely lose. I don't think Maddux, Glavine and the boys will give up more than 3 per game or so. Another great aspect to this series is that both teams are in playoff mode before the playoffs. The Braves had to hold of the Phils and the charging Mets. The Stros just played a playoff series and they are sharp.

I say Braves in this series though this will be the first time the Braves will not be the favorite in a long time. I wouldn't be shocked if they get eliminated early, though. I am not expecting much this year.

But I still hope for the best!

GO BRAVOS!

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

YESSS!!!

Go 'Stros!