1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Israel's bloodlust justified?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Oct 5, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Most of us have already heard the comments and tone of Prime minister Sharon's rhetoric...I strongly sense this man actually would not mind if we nuked all the other arab communities. Understandably, the terrorism is felt on an almost daily basis as their arch rival palestine group constantly fights for existance and recognition...

The U.S. strategy of appeasement towards arab states(to gather support) is a major strain...As arab states dominantly support palestine efforts, and likely will persuade the U.S. to shift partnership away from Israel. From their point of view, they are being excluded and already is a country with several enemies.

As the most democratic, civilized country in the middle-east, it would be a big mistake to turn our backs as an international partner. Obviously there is give and take which cause several problems as we don't like the give. For example, a few of the gives, arab states demand is to have a leadership in Afgan. which is friendly to Pakistan....this is at odds as a leadership of anti-terrorism Northern Alliance hates Pakistan, but is already at the welm to gain leadership once the Taliban is disposed of.
    Of course, they want better Palistein recognition and support.

All this has caused a shift in the manner Israel has governed. For example, they will now deploy special ops teams to now carry out assassinations.

Do you think the U.S. gov. is making a mistake in the appeasment startegy?...should the U.S. take a stronger, military response NOW to assure Israel of our intentions to not let them be vulnerable?

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Sharon should take a lesson from Yitzhak Shamir's actions during the Gulf War and just bite his tongue. Unfortunately, Sharon is lacking in the <i>savvy</i> needed for foreign affairs.

Mango

3. Major

Major Member

I can't blame Israel here. As much as it sucks from our perspective, we certainly wouldn't sit here and accept daily terrorism in an effort for peace -- we've shown that with our response to the last strike. To expect them to just accept it as a part of life to help us out is unreasonable.

On the other hand, I think this could be helpful for everyone invovled. Deep down, I think Israel knows the US won't abandon it. Some public discord with Israel will help in our relations with the Arab world, which in turn helps with the fight on terrorism. Hopefully, this allows the US to be more trusted out there and maybe then bring both Israel & the Palestinians to the table without the burden of the Arab world thinking (rightfully so, I think) that we are acting as "Israel's protector" rather than a neutral 3rd party.

4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I'd rather alienate Israel a little bit than take any risks with the incredibly fragile coalition we're trying to build right now. Far as I'm concerned, if Israel b****es so much, maybe they could deal with less US $$$. God forbid if we are actually able to bring peace to the region by creating stronger ties with arab nations there.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I've got to agree with Nolen.

This is a blunder by Sharon. He is having a tantrum. We need to start applying pressure to Israel to make them realize that if they don't start trying to give the Palestinians a real state that they don't control in all important facets that they won't have our unquestioned support. They will have to spend all their resources on defense and can enjoy the falling standard of living that will entail.

Sharon is a terrorist himself. So he is not entitled to unquestioned support

For his war crime at the Palestinian refuge camp that even got him in to trouble in Israel see: http://mediamonitors.net/drbenalofs1.html

6. glynch

7. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

I live in Israel, and let me tell you something about the Palestinians they don't want peace they want our country they want too see us dead, believe me we tried talking to them it doesn't work, they hate us, every day the are burning our national flag and their snipers shooting little kids and almost everyday they kill somebody, they are not looking for peace the only thing in their mind is how to kill us. Believe me I want peace, but those people are animals like osma ben laden, for them killing an innocent child is the best thing in the world. We are trying to negotiate with them and they still kill us we are willing to giving them almost everything but they want more, they are trying to kill us all the time no matter what and Arafat is the biggest terrorist not Sharon, Sharon didn't meant what he said, believe me he is a good guy not a terrorist like Arafat, Arafat got the power and he ordered all the killings and he is making you a fool that you actually believe him that he want peace.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm with you, Francis_Rules.

I see people condemning the US for preparing a retaliation. I see people condemning Israel for responding when their wedding ceremonies are disturbed by awful violence..when their children's schoolbuses are attacked...

Terrorism is indiscriminate targeting and killing of civilians. Neither the US or Israel is guilty of that crime in this scenario. What we regard as regretable collateral damage, these people regard as actual targets. Please note the difference..it is stark and utterly despicable. While the US and Great Britain are labelled as evil for hitting anti-aircraft machinery, the Palestinian apologists equate that with the evil they sow while targeting civilians. They they celebrate in the streets the deaths of civilians. Let me know the next time that happens in the US..or Great Britain...or Israel.

The Arab countries control 99.6% of the Middle East...yet, it's not enough. They will not rest until the Jews have left Israel (not to happen, according to Biblical prophecy). They showed their true colors when they rejected the peace offer whereby they would be given a share of govt control of Jerusalem. They do not seek to co-exist peacefully with the Jewish people....they want them eradicated. Their barbarism will not go unpunished. I hope Osama and his buddies are wearing shorts because it's freaking hot in hell.

#8 MadMax, Oct 6, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2001
  9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I really appreciate your point of view Francis_Rules. I hope your country gets better. I personally know two emigrants from Israel and if they at all represent the Israelians, I know how good the people are. Although I don't believe it, Nostradamus talked about a third anti-christ who will fail (Napolean and Hitler, supposedly the other two) and come out of the middle east...maybe it's him, in indeed.

Personally, I'm catholic and I know Jews play a great role in historic times regarding religion and they will not be pushed from where the belong to be!

10. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

glynch,

Since you have the answers, how are the Israelis guaranteed peace by accepting a Palestinian State next door? I am all for a Palestine also, but I am not for a Plaestine that continues to send suicide bombers into its neighbor.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You people are acting like Israel has done no wrong so far. I am a Muslim and I admit what the Palestinians are doing (shooting innocents on buses, etc) is dispicable. The Israelis are not exactly the second coming of Mother Teresa either though. They also are constantly taking over Palestinian land, destroying hospitals and police stations. Their snipers shoot at the eyes of little kids from rooftops.

Palestinians and the Israelis are like two little punk ass kids who refuse to grow up. A small separate Palestinian state should make peace in the Middle East. If that does not do it then nothing will.

12. treeman

treeman Member

Privately, I would personally agree with what Sharon said, even though I dislike the man intensely. But he is right. The Arabs will never be true allies - they will not come to our aid when our backs are against the wall, as we do for others. They are important business partners because we are totally dependent on Saudi and Kuwaiti oil, and we therefore have an interest in relative general regional stability (those are a lot of conditions on the word "stability").

Publicly, however, he needs to shut the hell up. While the coalition is not absolutely necessesary, it could potentially be extremely helpful in the long run. Although I'm beginning to not care anymore what the Arabs think... But I'm not completely there yet.

I no longer have any sympathy for the Palestinians, however. Two months ago I was calling for Israel to withdraw, now I don't care how many Palestinians they kill. And since the Palestinians won't respect any cease-fires (the Israelis initially did, but fought back when the Palestinians refused to stop fighting), I don't blame them at all for what they're doing. I'd do even more if I were in their shoes. If I was Sharon, there might not be any Arabs left by now, just a big, radioactive parking lot surrounding Israel...

Of course when Tel Aviv sees its first mushroom cloud - as it inevitably will - that is exactly what will surround Israel.

13. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

R0ckets03 no offence, but what you said is bull**** Israel never killed somebody just for fun, or destroyed hospitals ??! our snipers only kill active terrorists , and I can swear to you that we never started any violence action , we only responded to terrorists actions, actually 40% of the time , we don't do anything and we give the Palestinians another chance to make a real peace , example after they killed 15 and injured 20 teens in a night club we didn't responded and we tried to negotiate until they did it again and again and again . Every time when they have a chance they kill us they, they kill us and you need to see the most horrible thing ,that after a terrorists actions thousands of them are jumping in the streets from joy. The Palestinians started this war without a reason!! . I'm now living in a situation that I don't want peace , I just want to be able to get out of my house without a fear that somebody is going to blow me up ( I'm not kidding ) because it happens all the time .

#13 Yaniv, Oct 7, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2001
  14. rompa

rompa Member

The arabs were living in peace until the jewish swine came in and claimed it was there land and kicked everyone out of there houses and took it over just because some mythical being said it was there land, wouldnt you be unhappy if someone took over your land and there was nothing you could do, beacuse another powerful country (US) was funding them?

15. haven

haven Member

Israel's been a repressive state in violation of international laws concerning occupation for decades.

If you're Palestinian, you:

1. aren't a citizen of a state, so you can't go to war.

2. Aren't a citizen of a state, so you have no appeal to the UN.

3. Can't affect the Israeli democratic process, even though Israel governs you, because you can't vote.

4. Live in comparative poverty because Israel hasn't developed the region.

5. Had your land, all that remains to you, resettled by the people who are oppressing you.

Before you dispute this, think about their options. Now, you can't use traditional mechanisms of statecraft. You can't appeal to the UN. What would you have them do? What peaceful mechanisms should be undertaken against a state that violates basic civil liberties every day?

What do you do? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I feel really, really sorry for the Palestinians.

Israel is a racist, repressive regime, any way you slice the cake.

16. Cohen

If that's all it would take it would have happened by now. There is a large enough faction of Palestinians that will never accept Israel and continue to attack it, even after the creation of a Palestinian State.

17. Cohen

Have you ever heard of Gandhi? Martin Luther King? They had pretty damn good solutions.

You are arguing for terrorism?

Understand that terrorists have NEVER achieved their goals. Their is NO excuse for killing innocents.

Our country has made many mistakes also, and we certainly have been racist and repressive at times. Applying your logic would make the WTC attack OK.

Also, look to the history of the birth of Israel. If, when the United States was formed a large contingent of Indians and their supporters around the world attacked us to destroy us, what would have happened?

Do not assume that I am blind to Israel's failings. But you certainly present a one-sided view of the situation.

18. Cohen

That's a rather simplified view of history. I really like 'swine'. That show a distinct lack of bias in your viewpoint rompa, and it is incredibly insulting and racist.

Why don't you choose your words a little more carefully.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Israel is swine?? good luck, buddy!! you must be muslim..right?? I'm guessing that's why you chose the word, "swine" to describe Israel.

I'll take my chances with that "swine" over those who target civilians any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

You would find that Israel wouldn't be shooting children if Palestinians wouldn't arm those little children with machine guns and send them into town squares to shoot at innocents.

Freedom fighters??? Come on..you're better than that! To equate those who hold civilians as targets of terror to freedom fighters is a joke. Freedom fighters target the oppressors...they don't target their children as they ride to school each morning. The relativism that allows one to equate that kind of evil with the actions of Israel is absolutely frightening to me.

A nation was displaced after a World War...but the Palestinians have turned down every effort at peace possible. They break every treaty...and when finally offered a piece of control in Jerusalem, they turn it down. Make no mistake, their aim is the eradication of Jews from a city that has holy meaning to the Jews as much as it does the Muslims. They have no intention of sharing or living together in peace...their aim is death of civilians. They do not fight honorably for their cause...instead they resort to killing children. Finally, they resort to hijacking planes and slamming them against office towers in New York City. Defend their cause, if you will...but to defend the means to their end is to equate yourself with common criminals and unspeakable evils.

20. glynch

Rockets 03, you said:

Except for the last part about snipers shooting at kid's eyes you're response was very sound and in accord with UN resoloutions, backed by nearly every country in the World except Israel and perhaps the US, though I believe the US signed off on the resoloutions. I'll look for it.

B]You people are acting like Israel has done no wrong so far. I am a Muslim and I admit what the Palestinians are doing (shooting innocents on buses, etc) is dispicable. The Israelis are not exactly the second coming of Mother Teresa either though. They also are constantly taking over Palestinian land, destroying hospitals and police stations. Their snipers shoot at the eyes of little kids from rooftops. [/B]