1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Fans Suck Ass

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Rocketman95, Oct 2, 2001.

1. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

That's an interesting question. She' s rare in that she only played 4 seasons, but was a star-caliber player. I'll bet there were a few members of the 60s Celtics (bench players) who won every year they played, since that team won 8 in a row.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm pretty sure that Dodger fans did not boo when Bonds was walked.

I wouldn't begrudge the Astros' "fans" if we weren't in the middle of a very tight playoff race. Hell, if it was late August, but same situation, I wouldn't even care. But it's the last freakin' week of the season. We need to support the team, not Barry Bonds.

3. Major

Major Member

<B>I'm pretty sure that Dodger fans did not boo when Bonds was walked. </B>

Then you'd be wrong, cuz it happened. Either that, or those people weren't Dodger fans. But since you assumed the booing fans at Enron were Astros fans, I have to assume the booing fans at Dodger stadium were Dodger fans.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, well they didn't boo as much as the Astros fans did. Hell, ESPN even had a big deal about the anti-Bonds people there and the organization wasn't even going to stop the game if he broke the record.

So, Dodger fans suck ass as well, just not as much as Astros' fans, especially since they were pretty much eliminated from playoff contention when the Giants where there.

5. Major

Major Member

<B>OK, well they didn't boo as much as the Astros fans did. </B>

How do you know?! You didn't even know they booed in the first place! :D

<B>So, Dodger fans suck ass as well, just not as much as Astros' fans, especially since they were pretty much eliminated from playoff contention when the Giants where there.</B>

San Diego fans booed too, so they suck also. I'd bet just about every city in America -- except maybe St. Louis -- would have a set of fans booing if their pitchers don't challenge Bonds.

Why? Probably because lots of people -- not all Astros fans -- buy tickets to these games to see Bonds hit a HR, and he can't do that if he's pitched around.

Good baseball for Astros fans. Sucky baseball for Bonds fans. It's the Bonds fans that are booing, in every city out there.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Then Astros fans suck for not buying the majority of tickets to games that were scheduled for three weeks ago, a time when we were pretty sure Bonds wasn't going to hit 10 HRs in one series.

I did see highlights, and the booing I heard was scattering, not deafening like last night.

Anyway, you obviously didn't read the part where I said that was different if it wasn't the last week of the season and you're team was in a tight playoff race. The Dodgers, Padres, or just about any other team in America can't say that...and I'll venture to say that most other teams in America, if their team was in our situation, wouldn't boo as much.

7. Major

Major Member

<B>Then Astros fans suck for not buying the majority of tickets to games that were scheduled for three weeks ago, a time when we were pretty sure Bonds wasn't going to hit 10 HRs in one series. </B>

Maybe Astros fans did buy them and couldn't go to rescheduled games? Maybe Bonds fans wanting to see HR #70 would pay more for the tickets than an Astros fan going to just another game? You act like this is an Astros fan thing. It happens everywhere.

<B>Anyway, you obviously didn't read the part where I said that was different if it wasn't the last week of the season and you're team was in a tight playoff race. The Dodgers, Padres, or just about any other team in America can't say that...</B>

Ummm, the Dodgers games were a week ago and in the midst of a tight playoff race (at the time). Is the one week that much of a difference?

Or maybe all the Astros fans at the game were like you and weren't going to be disappointed if the Astros lost anyway. :p

<B>and I'll venture to say that most other teams in America, if their team was in our situation, wouldn't boo as much.</B>

I'd venture to say you're totally wrong. :)

8. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Houston fans are pretty lame. If you aint winning Houstonians dont show up, see the Rockets, Astros, Oilers, Cougars, Owls, etc...

Where did the Rockets place in attendance last year?

I dont blame anyone though, the prices to see pro sports are so out of whack they have lead to people losing interest.

Maybe we are just smarter than other cities in demanding that our teams win or we want throw out money at the owner

9. Major

Major Member

<B>Houston fans are pretty lame. If you aint winning Houstonians dont show up, see the Rockets, Astros, Oilers, Cougars, Owls, etc... </B>

Outside of Chicago (Cubs, Bulls), what cities do keep selling out when their teams suck?

10. coma

coma Contributing Member

I went to the game last night and all I heard behind me were "Come on Barry! Go Barry!"

I was like wtf is wrong with these people.

Sadly, a lot in attendance were fareweather morons hoping to catch a glimpse of No. 70.

I've met like 4 hardcore Houston Astro fans in person.

And I only know 3 other hardcore Rockets fans.

What's up?

So the real fans, they rock. The ppl RM95 are talking about suck donkey dung, but they aren't fans. Just pretentious in the closet flaming homosexuals.

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Most annoying thing this season... all the fans that have turned on Bregman, Yuli, and Pressly...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bregman has been trending down since his extension. He's now have had as many bad years as good years with the Astros with a career low OPS this season. He should not be batting in the 3rd spot.

I still think Yuli and Pressly will turn it around. Yuli has been up and down, but it can just click with him sometimes and he can go on a tear. He's also a hell of first baseman defensively.

Pressly was injured but his velocity is finally up to normal so he should be good to go by the end of the season. He's only blown two saves so far this year.

everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  13. msn

msn Member

what a necrobump.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Edit: Moved

15. SuraGotMadHops

They certainly complain a lot.

16. msn

msn Member

I've lived in a few places now, and my conclusions are as follows:
    - H-town fans are pretty solid.
    - There are idiots and pricks in every city and in every crowd. If I gravitate to them, even to argue with them, I am also an idiot. And a prick.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I hit the button for oldest threads rather than most recent...

BigM and msn like this.
  18. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Problem is Bregman is misplaced as a middle of the order hitter.

He is still very valuable but as a #2 hitter.

He still walks as much as he Ks is 20% above league avg hitting and plays great defense

Believe it or not he is among the league leaders in AVG w/ runners in scoring position this year.

Hitting +30 and 40 HR in 2018 and 2019 may be the worst things he could have done for expectations the rest of his career.

He is a 20 HR per year guy not a 30+ guy

19. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Altuves
    Tucker
    Professional
    Alvarez
    Pena
    Bregs
    Yuli
    McSiri
    A hill of beans

Sextuve
    Professional
    Alvarez
    Pena
    Tucks
    Bregs
    Yuli
    SirCormick
    A paper bag

Stephen66 likes this.
  20. the shark

the shark Member

What site are you looking at that shows league leaders with risp?