1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offer Cynthia Cooper, the UT Women's BB Coach position ASAP.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by glynch, Mar 15, 2007.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Arguably the best American woman bb player of all time

She has kicked butt her first ? yr at Prairie View and now they are going to the Tournament for the first time ? in their history.

She shows promise as a coach (as a coach) per today's Houston Chronicle article..

Think of her ,like Clyde at UH, but she can actually coach! The top women out of high school will at least agree to meet with her just to get her autograph if for no other reason. RECRUTING.!!!!

Go for it UT! Don't just go for some safe more experienced coach.

UT will be the ONE to beat real soon with Cynthia.

After she is snatched away from lowly Prairie View A and M, it might possibly be too late, despite UT's money and UT's reputation in women's bb to get her.

Why risk it?

#1 glynch, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

no, how bout the coach from Duke?

3. thatpvdude

thatpvdude New Member

Hey I don't normally speak on here but don't do PV. I mean i know we aren't the greatest school to all of you all because maybe we are a small Historically Black Institution and the second oldest public university in Texas. I mean our football team isn't good I know, But this woman has come a totally turn our girls around. We actually expect them to win more than the football and mens basketball we see her on campus and she is a very good person. She interacts with the students I mean she can't leave Prairie View so don't hate on us we take **** personal so if you don't like it I mean hey we got her and aint lettin go. I know someone go have something to say so holla at ya dude PV all day daddy PA worldwide ya heard me

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

If she goes anywhere - it will be Texas Tech.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why do you say that?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Seems like a great fit -- though I know zero about women's b-ball.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

sorry bout this but did anyone catch that feature article a few days ago on Cooper in the Sports section?

Cynthia Cooper-Dyke?

sorry I just couldn't stop laughing

8. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Would Coopers strength as a recognizable figure outweigh what she'd lack in coaching experience compared to other candidates? It seems like Texas needs a better recruiter for the time being to bring the program up to the men's level.

I don;t really follow womens basketball so I could be totally ridiculously wrong.

10. kevwun

kevwun Member

Texas has the resources to bring in a coach who has already won a national championship. There's a strong rumor that it's going to be Kim Mulkey from Baylor.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe she's matured a lot since being in the WNBA, but I wouldn't think about giving her a major college coaching job. She is (or was) a total flake. My 2 cents is if she got a major gig with a lot of pressure, it's just a matter of time before she flakes out and leaves. She is not your average bird. It would be a grave mistake by UT if they hired her. If Cynthia Cooper actually fits in for now at PV she should stay there until she gets tired of it. She isn't capable of administrating and managing at a major college level. Clyde at UofH would be an appropriate, though not exact, comparison. Ross Perot as President would be a very good comparison, IMO.