1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 2/25/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It says it will be in the archives but I can't get there yet....anyone else seen the game yet?

Or maybe we have to wait until the rebroadcast is over?

Anyone ? Buehler?

DD

2. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Or if V-Span started, the Rockets might have won by 20......see how much fun it is to guess?

DD

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the referees in this game were brutal. man. we're lucky to escape with the win after that job.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

The Rockets didnt look that great, but a win is a win. Hard to believe that they only won 34 games all of last year.

They better take care of business tommorrow against the celts.

5. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

You're not making an educated guess though. Your comment is soley based as a retort to mine while my comment has merit b/c I know how bad VSpan is.

If you believe VSpan should be starting then I can't help you. There's a reason he's not playing

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

How did T-Mac get to the FT line that many times?

18, right?

Damn, I guess someone had to take Wade's spot??

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

we need to cut down on our to's. 18 turnovers and 17 assists aint gonna cut it against top tier teams.

8. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

That's why the fact that we won is very impressive. We have won ugly and we have won pretty.

You can't have 25 assists and 10 turnovers every game, especially considering the fact that we have 1 point guard and 0 finishers and no post play.

9. RigoRocket

RigoRocket Contributing Member

For those of you who missed the Chinese internet broadcast of the game, here is the Allen Iverson Halftime show. I really don't know how to describe it, you'll just have to watch it. I'm a chronic lurker, so sorry if this doesn't work on the first try.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYOHZClIIFs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYOHZClIIFs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. bbvoice

bbvoice Member

nope,u can watch the game online in china,at 3:00AM beijing time :D it's live i think

11. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

yeaa i just saw those on the site!! They're pretty cool! If the aley-oop was the dunk you're talking about,then yes it was wild!

thanks!:D

12. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

what site?

13. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

go to nba.com, click on the houton v. orlando score on the left hand side and click on play on the page.
    or go to espn.com/nba and there is a video on the right hand side and look for tonights highlights.

14. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

espn one worked. thanks man. what a duck by tmac!

anydoby know why the clips on the nba.com site wont work with a mac?

15. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

hahaha, errr, DUNK not duck.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You have no more idea about why he is not playing or starting than I do.....it is all guess work.

You can't prove that if V-Span was starting the Rockets would have lost, just as I can't prove they would be better.....nor do I necessarily believe that.

There is no evidence to support either one of our positions, but we are both happy the Rockets won, no?

DD

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

All of a sudden, the Rockets are getting pushed around by "Least of the EAST" teams. They have won two out of three since the break, but haven't looked good doing it. What's going on? It is like they are defensively and offensively out of sync. The playoff run is not when you want to get tenative.

18. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I guess it's not gonna get archived on LP broadband! Damn!!!!!

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I don't want to make Rafer into a better player than he is, but I still think he gets a bad rap around here. Isn't the point guard required to shoot a lot of three's in this offense, Clutch? If Rafer is shooting and driving in the context of the offense and still missing it is still better than him hesitating to take open shots. It throws off the entire offense, otherwise.

20. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Thats the whole crux of his argument. That Rafer is not well suited for the duties the PG is required to do in this offense-ie shoot 3s, drive to the hole.