1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Make a move for Bibby...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Feb 15, 2007.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

we cant make a move for Bibby.

Closest we might get is to bring in Amaechi - and then let him make a move ON Bibby.

2. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

lol..

3. vmac

vmac Member

I'd rather have the rockets acquire Luke Ridnour. A very good shooter and he is also clutch.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUgFjfKId5U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUgFjfKId5U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mike Bibby seems to have lost his touch and is overpaid for his performance this season. I think Ridnour's salary is comparable Rafer's salary.

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

has everyone forgotten that the guy has had some sort of tendon injury in his shooting hand? Assuming that he gets better and regains his shooting touch next year, then now is obviously the time to trade for him. Buy low. He's the perfect fit for this team when he plays like he has in the past. He's too young to have completely lost it. And we would still be an improved team this year.

5. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Totally impossible.
    He is too expensive for us

6. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

That's right trade T-Mac for Bibby. :rolleyes:

7. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

yeah the rockets should also try to aquire allen iverson also. :rolleyes:

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bibby is one of my top 3 favorite (non rockets) players. Hes having an off season but like someone said, maybe a change of scenery could help him. He would be a great fit and he is really clutch.

9. Mordo

He had an injury during preason to the thumb on his shooting hand. He is recovered physically, but mentally ain't it working for him. When summer comes around, that will give him more time to work getting his shot to pre-injury form.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Not a bad idea! :D

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, is there any PG in the league we won't make a thread about trading for?

There ya go guys. Postulate away.

12. Mordo

13. SkiFreak20

SkiFreak20 Member

i'm somewhat new to this board, at least i havent posted anything before. to me, bibby doesnt really seem like he is that unattainable. afterall, hes not all that popular with the kings right now.

would a trade involving sura's contract, bonzi wells, and rafer alston be appealling enough to the kings?

of course, they probably don't want bonzi back, but some mediocre team that is play-off bound and in need of a shooting guard w/ playoff experience (maybe toronto, washington, or orlando) might want to get involved in a 3 way deal for him. this is assuming they could give the kings something worthwhile.

the numbers work between the rockets and kings. the only thing that might prevent it would be rafer's long contract. he is a decent point guard that might be a good fresh start for the kings to replace a disgruntled bibby.

is bibby a good fit for the rockets and jvg?

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Bibby (only 28) is closer to the age of our core than Rafer. Sure Bibby has had a down year shooting, but of course you would still try to get him. Though his contract is more than double, I think Bibby has ever bit as chance to earn his money at the end of his contract than Rafer does. Bibby is just much better (barring this year as an anomolie) and younger.

It would take Rafer, Sura, VS and Wells (or a few other combinations not including Yao, Tmac, Battier) + 1st rounder or more to get it done however. I just don't see it. If we fail this season I consider a move like this.