1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 2/15/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2007.

1. qxyxxx

qxyxxx Member

Rafer doesn't deserve a starting PG job on any championship team, plain and simple

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

3. rocketsmetalspd

Yes, but its how those 9 are used. There is not excuse why Deke can't be in there when Erica is in, that rebound that Erica was the key in the end. Match up with what Avery is doing.

4. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i know luther lost the game. but that's not what pisses me off. bonzi watched at least 2 rebound bounce right by him into dallas's hands without attempting to go after it. he scored 8 points. kirk would have been more productive than that. i know he would have snatched up those 2 rebounds. bonzi looks like a liability since his return and in a few games before his injury.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Tmac got the ball, dribbled it to half court w/ 1 sec, passed it to Jho, time expires, he actually knocks down the 3.

6. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

The Mavs know they can double T-Mac. He was getting hot.

Yao will annihalate them and when they double him, we are going to hit open 3's. Our team is built on a Yao/Mac game. We are missing a cog. Lets hope that Yao can at least play NORMAL when he comes back in a few weeks.

7. blender

blender Member

Exactly! I can't wait to see what we've got when the big fella gets back.

Always sucks to lose, but we did pretty well considering.

8. matpio

matpio Member

T-Mac dribbled the ball but was trapped by 2 Mavs, he then passed the ball to Juwan who was alone at the 3 point line but it was too late.

9. jordan_hx

jordan_hx Member

I agree! When Yao come back, they must choose one superstar to double team between Yao and T-mac.

10. qxyxxx

qxyxxx Member

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

No timeouts in the last minute and poor FT shooting did us in.

I'm still proud of the team. Fought hard all the way, one has to think if we had Yao we would have this one. I like our chances when he gets back, the game was a slow half court game, the kind of game that suits Yao and the type played in the playoffs. We should do well against the Mavs when he comes back.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Even though we were missing Yao, the Rockets still should have won this game.....

It was right there for the taking, and they blew it.....

Free throws....there is a reason they are called FREE !!!

DD

13. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, that's what the Rockets did. This is the most angered I've been after a Rockets loss for quite some time. GAHHHH I HATE THE MAVBRICKS! :mad:

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It's no secret that the Rocket ball handlers have trouble passing the ball to their superstars in crunch time (and sometimes even regular time), but they can't have all the blame. Sure Mavs defense was pretty good, but I noticed something that I hate to admit...

T-Mac seemed to not want the ball at the end. He looked like he didn't try his hardest getting the ball from Alston. Alston won't pass the ball to T-Mac in the post when the only opening is McGrady's hand. So instead of waiting 7 seconds to see if Alston is going to pass it to you, why not run up to him and have him hand off the ball?

Decision making was subpar on all parts.
    JVG using all his timeouts in a close game.
    Rafer jacking up 3's and crunch time passing
    Head forcing up a layup at the end right after his missed 3

I'm probably just upset, but this team has the talent to make noise in the playoffs. But with frequent poor decision making on the team, they won't get over the hump.

15. anitasri

anitasri Member

How many tear drop misses is Rafer allowed- he missed 5 and then I just closed my eyes whenever he was poised for such a shot.

Man- if we need one position upgraded - please god send us a PG before the trade deadline. I am sick of losing games due to a PG who just does not cut it.

Jho was wearing shoes with lead in them- and sure enough till Dirk was basically scoring every position- he was not replaced. It is just sick when we lose games that we should have won. I thought the Denver loss was bad- this one tops the list.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I saw that too, Tmac gets too frustrated.....but the problem is that we want him to drive but that does no good if he can't hit his free throws.

6-11 is pathetic for his skill level.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Dallas also missed their fts both teams missed 9 fts each Dallas 15-24 Houston 21-30.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This team needs to get together over the break and discuss all the problems they have and need to fix to become the team they should be.

19. matpio

matpio Member

Let's look at the bright side.
    We were playing the best team in the league, a team that has no major injury in their roster. We were without the best center in the league, T-Mac was shooting free-throws like my 10 year old sister and we were still very close to beat them.

On a second thought, screw the bright side. We lost against the Mavs, there is no bright side to that.... :D

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Um, ok, but I'm not arguing that point. I just want the blatant lies and misinformation to stop. It only takes a few seconds to access the box score on the internet. People shouldn't post crap just because they figured out where the "submit message" button is.