1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Texan's season tickets dilemma

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by swilkins, Jan 30, 2007.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I have been a season ticket holder ever since the first year. I really enjoy going to the games, but now that I am on a strict budget, I don't think I can afford them.

I would post in the classifieds, but thought this would be better, because I wanted to know from those that have sold tickets through 3rd party companies like stubhub.

I have 4 seats on the aisle in section 606 row H. They're very affordable seats as you can see and the view is very good for the price. It's also nice having 4 seats together on the aisle. I split the cost with my folks and now they want to back out, because they rarely went.

For 4 seats and parking pass, I'm looking at almost $2k. I would love to find a way to hold on to the seats and sell out most of the games, so I can make it to a few and hold on to the seats for the future. After this past year, I'm concerned that many games will not sell.

Has anyone been through this before?

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

i say give them up and buy tickets to games you want and possibly better seats too...ive said this before in other threads, i have 50 yard lower level ones and i have to beg to give them away, 85 bucks a piece and i would sell them for 25 a ticket if not give them away. there are very few buyers out there but a lot of sellers and i dont see it changing anytime soon

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You have a dumb sig. People will start paying that much when we start winning, which will be soon despite us not having Vince Young. Newsflash, there were at least 12 teams that didn't have Vince Young who were able to win this season. Two of them are playing this weekend.

4. mrdave543

NewsFlash??? great response! brilliant!
    and since you bring up Vince young and derailed the thread...mark my words texans will never finish above 3rd place in the division as long as Vince is in the league and id bet they wont make playoffs for next 10 years. Meanwhile vince will at least lead the titans to the divisional playoffs 3 or 4 times with 1 superbowl appearance. BOOK IT

texans suck

5. Major

Major Member

Tsk tsk. You're dealing in theoreticals. Do you have any evidence to prove this opinion? :D

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ok. I'll make sig bet with you that the Texans are better than the Titans next season. Hell, it took the Titans OT to beat the Texans. If they're so much better, you'd think they wouldn't need extra time to beat such a terrible and sucky team. You still haven't explained how, if the Texans will never ever win because they don't have VY, how other teams managed to beat them and be better than them. I'm :confused:. Please explain to me like I had a Wonderlic score of 6 how not having one player will cause one team to suck for the next ten seasons, but not the rest of the teams in the league that doesn't have that same player.

Swilkins,

If you're looking to get rid of them, I may be interested. I had half a season this year and we're actually trying to find seats in the 700 section in the end zone. They're cheap, lots of leg room and I love the view.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because Vince Young told me. He's all-knowing. :)

8. mrdave543

Sig bet is on...Titans having better record than texans. Also since you scored a 6 on wonderlic (vince scored a 16 by the way when his official score was releasted) you clearly cant comprehend that I never said no other team will win because they dont have Vince, only the texans. you better hope texans at least get jake plummer or someone to replace carr to have a chance of being .500 next year

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, you must've scored a 5 because I asked about your logic behind that statement. If the Texans will never be good because they don't have Vince Young, why wouldn't that apply to the other 30 teams that don't have Vince Young as well?

10. mrdave543

This is the statement you are referencing:

Passing up on Vince Young cost the Texans any chance of ever winning.

The only other team it can be applied to is the New Orleans Saints who already had a proven QB.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Can you please try to explain how you came to that conclusion? Do you believe that we will never replace David Carr? Do you believe that only the QB position is the one that determines whether or not a team will be successful?

12. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Here we go again.

13. mrdave543

I believe David Carr wont be cut no, why do it now? they missed their oppurtunity to cut him and upgrade with Vince or even Leinhart or Cutler or even make a trade. and the curse of vince, passing up on the hometown/state hero i honestly believe will curse them for years to come. i believe a good football team does need a QB to lead them, and David Carr does not have that leadership ability anymore. I would say chicago is the exception with grossman but in most cases in order to be succesful in the NFL you need a QB to lead the team. ill stop derailing the original posters thread. you should do the same

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You do realize there are other quarterbacks in the world besides David Carr and Vince Young, correct? If an upgrade at QB is needed, it's not like last year was the only year in the history of time where an upgrade was available.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I stopped reading at curse.

Sorry swilkins. Like I said, I may be interested if you sell.

16. msn

msn Member

haha, me too.

17. MManal

MManal Member

Interesting, Im surprised anyone would actually think the Texans will have a better record than the Titans next year. mrdave, be ready to own rocketman's signature. Titans were 8-8 this year and have a boatload of cap room to improve. Plus, VY is nowhere near his ceiling and will continue to improve a lot. I dont feel like going into the other reasons why the Titans will dominate next year with VY because its been hashed and re-hashed plenty of times in other threads. Suffice it to say, I have seen this guy do the unthinkable way too many times to ever even consider betting against him. Btw, I completely agree about the "Curse of Vince"; hopefully for the Texans sake it wont reach the magnitude of the "Curse of the Bambino". It would really suck to have to wait till 2084 to get into a Super Bowl because I probably wont be around to see it.

Btw, whats up with these signature bets? Why not a real bet ie. $250 which the person who loses must donate to the tip jar? I would love for mr. meowgi or one of the other vince haters to challenge me to this type of bet.

18. mrdave543

Amen...id love a real bet 500 bucks half going to tip jar, but i dont think any of the vince haters or doubters will put money where their mouth is.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't bet real money with people who believe in curses.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i'm interested, too, and make far more $$ than RM95. btw, RM and/or the cat - would you guys email me, please?: hpfric@sbcglobal.net. cool; thanks.