1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good facial razor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by London'sBurning, Jan 14, 2007.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I've tried the Schick Quattro and frankly it just tears my face apart. I have sensitive skin as it is but the razor just does a number with nicks, and agitating my skin. Any advice you guys have for good razors?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

funny thing.. i tried a Quattro about a year ago and I had the same experience.. then I tried it about a month ago when I was out of Mach 3 razors.. and it works GREAT.

I think they started manufacturing new blades for it or something.. cause i love it now..

plus there's no stupid aloe strip that gets dried out and irritates your skin when its gone..

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Schick slim twin - aloe

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Presenting the all new Dikembe Mutombo Facial Razor, "Deke", from a man who specializes in giving opponents facials.

"Deke"...for a strong, clean facial with a touch of danger. So good, in fact, that this shave may be your last.

Note: Flailing elbows and finger wagging sold separately

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

even the mach 3 turbo riped my face up. I was fine with the mach 3 regular... but I switched to the Sensor Excel (2 blades) and have had no problems in the last year and a half

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

man you guys have some sensative skin. Personally, all the blades seem the same to me.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm all about the Mach 3.....it's still the best.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I use the Fusion Power. I used the M3 Power and loved it, but I switched to the Fusion because of the single blade on the back. My skin isn't sensitive at all, but it gives a really close shave.

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I'm a Mach 3 guy, myself.

But FWIW, it's not about the razor. I used to have really bad razor-burn, and my face would hurt like hell after I shaved. Then (as per the advice of this board), I tried "The Shaving Solution", and it was a revelation. And at Wal-Mart, they sell something exactly like it -- "The Shave Secret". It costs only $4, and it'll last you ~6 months. I love it -- cheaper than using shaving cream, and my face feels great! I no longer dread shaving, and there's no more razor bumps or pain. It rules! Just try it once, and you'll be hooked too.

10. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

Hey

I personally only use a beard-trimmer because i'm lazy and hate cutting myself, BUT I do have the ULTIMATE-SOLUTION. It's not the razor as much as it is what you put on your face first. You need to try CLARINS SHAVE-EASE. It's an oil that you put on your face before you shave, it softens the hairs and it will give you a perfect shave every time with ABSOLUTELY NO NICKS GUARANTEED. I don't promote things usually, but really it works and I won't do a close shave without it. If you shave on a regualr basis you can use it by itself, or you can put in on, let it sit for a few minutes, and then put your regular shave cream/gel on over it. Ask for a sample in any department store that sells Clarins Men products, it's not that cheap, but it does work, and if it doesn't, let me know. Hope this helps.

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4F7TMlrDXtw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4F7TMlrDXtw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I went electric and haven't looked back since.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Damn Vengeance, you need to write commercials.

14. Vengeance

ROFL -- it certainly sounds that way doesn't it? What can I say, it's an awesome product that has done wonders for me! That Clarins stuff looks like it's pretty much the same sort of deal as the ones I mentioned. It probably smells nicer though -- the one downfall with Shave Secret and Shaving Solution is that it has a very particular, eucalyptus smell. It's not too bad, but I can't say that I love the way it smells.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

LOL, I bought it a few months ago after reading about it here (maybe it was you). Yeah, it works alright...but it kinda leaves build-up on the razor...it seems like it was so oily that it never left my skin (the smell too...it doesn't necessarily smell bad, just really strong). Overall, no nicks or cuts though.

16. Vengeance

I totally agree on the smell!! I've found that the best way to "clean" the razor for me is to turn the water on full-blast and flick the razor through the water a few times. That seems to do the trick for me . . . As far as the oil staying around, how much did you use? I've found that many people use WAY too much b/c they don't think it's going to work if they use the recommended 3-5 drops. I go with 6-8, and have no problems. I also typically shower right after shaving.

17. Omer

Omer Member

I'm just rollin the Mach 3 and its been working it fine for me.

Got 2 free Schick Quattro razor samples in mail that I'm still waiting to test out.

18. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Shave in the shower. I started that two weeks ago and love it, no more cuts or scrapes or burn. Use hair conditioner or shaving cream, personally I like the conditioner better.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Me too but I don't grow crazy facial hair either.