1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Snyder progressing ahead of schedule; Wells out a week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets > *, Dec 30, 2006.

1. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Notes: Snyder progressing ahead of schedule
    Rockets guard looking to return in one to two weeks; Wells will miss week

Damien Pierce
    Rockets.com Staff Writer

HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Kirk Snyder was back on the practice court Saturday afternoon running through individual shooting drills.

He's hoping that he won't be working out on his own much longer.

Snyder, who has been out since Nov. 21 with a broken right hand, is optimistic that he could be back in the lineup in "no more than two weeks."

The reserve guard was originally expected to miss eight to 10 weeks.

"I'm ahead of schedule so hopefully the doctor doesn't say anything else or I'll have to beat him up," Snyder joked after Saturday's workout. "I'm in good shape cardio-wise. I just have to get my hand back so that I can shoot."

Snyder suffered the injury on a drive to the basket against New York on Nov. 20.

After slashing to the middle of the lane, Snyder was leaping in the air when New York forward Jerome James slapped down on his hand. The guard immediately clutched his hand after the play and left the court.

He underwent surgery on the hand the following day in Houston.

Since undergoing surgery, Snyder has been working out with Houston's training staff and has resumed shooting. He still isn't catching the ball or participating in full-contact drills.

"I can't catch the ball right now because there are obviously some internal things that the doctors want to heal that I can't see," Snyder said. "I guess it takes a year for the bone to fully heal."

Wells out: Rockets guard Bonzi Wells is back in the trainer's room.

Wells, who has missed 19 games this season, is expected to miss about a week with a sore lower back.

"Next man up," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "That's all it is. It's what every team goes through."

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Notes_Snyder_progressing_from-202583-34.html

2. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

[Rockets.com]Snyder shooting individually, jokingly threatens to beat up doctor

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Notes_Snyder_progressing_from-202583-34.html

HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Kirk Snyder was back on the practice court Saturday afternoon running through individual shooting drills.

He's hoping that he won't be working out on his own much longer.

Snyder, who has been out since Nov. 21 with a broken right hand, is optimistic that he could be back in the lineup in "no more than two weeks."

The reserve guard was originally expected to miss eight to 10 weeks.

"I'm ahead of schedule so hopefully the doctor doesn't say anything else or I'll have to beat him up," Snyder joked after Saturday's workout. "I'm in good shape cardio-wise. I just have to get my hand back so that I can shoot."

Snyder suffered the injury on a drive to the basket against New York on Nov. 20.

After slashing to the middle of the lane, Snyder was leaping in the air when New York forward Jerome James slapped down on his hand. The guard immediately clutched his hand after the play and left the court.

He underwent surgery on the hand the following day in Houston.

Since undergoing surgery, Snyder has been working out with Houston's training staff and has resumed shooting. He still isn't catching the ball or participating in full-contact drills.

"I can't catch the ball right now because there are obviously some internal things that the doctors want to heal that I can't see," Snyder said. "I guess it takes a year for the bone to fully heal."

Wells out: Rockets guard Bonzi Wells is back in the trainer's room.

Wells, who has missed 19 games this season, is expected to miss about a week with a sore lower back.

"Next man up," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "That's all it is. It's what every team goes through."

*EDIT: Title changed so as to not freak people out.

#2 Van Gundier, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  3. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

#3 thelasik, Dec 30, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

buhahaha

no comment

5. Omer

Omer Member

6. Omer

Omer Member

Man that's good news about Snyder, but bad about Wells.

A whole week? No one even knew about the injury lol.

7. DJ

DJ Member

Very funny!

--- Hopefully one week does not translate into 6 weeks for Wells.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

please add your source in the title when creating threads. makes the forum easier to navigate. unless you wrote that article or your an insider :D

for example,
    [Rockets.com] Snyder progressing...
    [Chron.com] Etc...
    [ESPN] Etc..

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ibtl

the funny this is that as of right now this has more replies to it than the original thread

10. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Next time give us the bad news first and the good news as last. Anyway good to hear snyder will be back soon and bonzi is only out for a week. That could have been worse like we were used to :D

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great freak-everyone-out thread title. :rolleyes:

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I welcome Snyder's return. Should help us defend SGs a lot better and give us someone who can attack the basket and finish. Too bad about Bonzi. With him, seems like everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Good for Snyder, he can help us. Damn it Bonzi...

14. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

i thought this was an eddie griffin thread :rolleyes:

15. anitasri

anitasri Member

Do you work for the tabloids on the side! Man you really worked on that title!

16. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

It's great to hear about Snyder being ahead of schedule. I can't wait for him to be back. Unlike Head he can actually defend the SG. With him and Bonzi at SG - we'll have enough size.

A week with a back injury?! Maybe he took too much punishment... He did try to play himself into shape. I just hope it's not a long term thing.

In the time we need Bonzi the most - he gets injuried.

While we're at it... at full strength... who do you think would be a better role player for the Rockets? Bonzi Wells or Kirk Snyder?

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Bonzi Wells will be out the week it takes before he can be traded.

Right after January 2 or 5, I think.

OK, I'm sure it's a coincidence.

18. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Bonzi will put on the 5 lbs he just lost.....

19. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

ibtl, whatever

20. drewpy

drewpy Member

Bonzi seems to miss time around major holidays.