1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pettitte says Clemens will.....

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by ryan17wagner, Dec 23, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

just like they already won the 2004, 05 and 06 championships, as well.

2. Buck Turgidson

In other Roger Clemens news, he apparently uses the same salon as my bro's mother-in-law. He was there before Christmas getting his hair highlighted, just chillin in the chair with sunglasses on & a bunch of foil on his head.

Candy. Ass.

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

With the potential breaking news on steroids coming out in sometime next year, I am now fine with them leaving [though it hurts] so that we will not be side tracked with controversies and distractions.

2007 is our year.

4. RyanED

RyanED Member

Greate responce to a thread, Deva! Are you singel? :cool: :eek: I wood like to go on a DAte woth you to a Houston AStros game! Let me now! :cool: I liek girls that our sportsfan and now baseball like you!

5. franchise?..NOT

I wonder if the Astros are smart enough to invite Koby to spring training.

A nice little carrot to draw Dad back to the Astros.

We'll see whether his kid our his buddy is more important. The money he gets will be a wash especially since NY has a stat income tax.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Clemens has a personal services contract with the Astros, so he'll be working with the kids in the farm system and get to spend time with his son regardless.

Plus, he's already played with his son in a game last season for the Hooks.

But I'd guess it'd still be a gesture of good will and possible bait.

7. Buck Turgidson

Since Roger will not be participating in Spring Training, outside of being a roving instructor type with the young players, I'm not sure why inviting Koby to big league camp would matter.

Plus, given his terrible performance last year & in winter ball, there's a good chance Koby will spend April & May in extended ST before heading out to A-ball, giving Roger all the time he'd want to practice with his kid.

8. Diva

Diva Member

And I like guys with sarcasm but, last I checked, this was a thread about the Astros and pitching, not eharmony! ;)

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

OMG!!! ROLFLMAO...That made my night...

I would like Roger back, but at what cost...I have a funny feeling he's back in NY...

10. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

He's not a jerk for signing for more money. I am drunk.

11. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

[​IMG] ?

12. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Beltran and Pettitte are two different cases. Beltran was trying to break through and hit the big money while Pettitte was an established player. Beltran played us for his big contract, while Pettitte was free to choose the team with which he was most comfortable.

13. JunkyardDwg

Whether NY was the most comfortable for him remains to be seen...I'm betting it was and is...but Pettite made it very clear he went to the highest bidder.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He also made it very clear that he was prepared to go to Houston for less money.

15. JunkyardDwg

But still for a LOT more money that Houston was willing to offer... 18 million more.