1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[INJURED] Yao to Miss at Least Six Weeks with Non-Displaced Fracture of Right Tibia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caboose, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Initailly I thought this was just a 10 day Yao's absence and hoping Tmac hold it for us. But we are looking at around 2month now. Now way Tmac with that bad back of his could hold it that long. We better tank it for Oden now. The last thing is we want to do it to replay last year's epsispde.
    Now, some pepole say why we are cursed 2 year in a row so unfortunately. You have to see one thing has been consistent, that is Tmac's injury forces Yao to take the load. It's just matter of time for Yao to go down, which I fanthomed in another thread. :eek:

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

F*cking Hell!!!!!!

3. Ducky

Ducky Member

Yao is gonna miss all games in Jan, maybe even all-star. similar? just like last year?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

F^uck it.........im donating my knee to yao and back to t-mac

5. stangend77

stangend77 Member

anger rising........how can we have 2 seasons like this? :mad:

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I broke a tibia once... I'd much rather have that than anything involving a knee... I was panic-stricken wondering about Yao's future reading the first part of this thread, but not so much now.

Anyway, in my case, it sounds like it was a nastier break than Yao's... I was in an ankle-to-groin cast for about 6 weeks, then it was another 2-3 before it felt decent and another few weeks before it was as good as new. Of course, I was a punk-ass with a crappy small-town Doc and no facilities to rehab. Worse case for Yao is he gets a good rest, tunes up during the latter part of the season, and gets to play next year with a more experienced supporting cast. Best case is he gets back in good form and the Rockets squeeze into the Playoffs where they wreak devastation on the Spurs and Mavs.

The important thing to remember is that this doesn't appear to be any significant threat to his career and he should be able to get back to where he was before he went down.

This is not J.R. Richard.

This is not Dickie Thon.

Early in his career, Jordan missed all but 18 games one year with a broken bone in his foot and we all know what he came back to do... and Yao's game is not even built on hops. Again, rather have a broken leg than a broken foot, especially with a guy like Yao.

Finally, a broken bone hurts like a sumbyatch. I can certainly understand why Yao was screaming on the court.

Get well big fella.

7. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Battier, Head, Rafer, Bonzi, Novak or even possibly a new required Big-man via trade.

8. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Tibial fractures are especially bad due to poor circulation in the area...I think his healing may be slower than 6 weeks due to this

Also, the important question here is whether he will athletically be the same again...if he is a good healer i think so, but if not then he might lose some explosiveness

9. Ducky

Ducky Member

OK, maybe I should change my sign to :

Yao , be healthy
    Tracy , be healthy

10. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

This is the same exact team that got us into the lottery. They had all year last year to step up. We got Battier as a result and he is not exactly an offensive force.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You're enjoying the crap out of this, aren't you?

12. LakersPride

LakersPride Member

Why the hell would i do that?

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao's long term status worries me more at this point. JVG probably wont quit on the season, so Yao would be required to hold for surgery for the offseason(could sense it in Jone's statements). If that's the case, We are looking at Stoudmire in Yao.

14. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Say goodbye to a possible MVP!!!!
    This sucks. Yao was dominating!

Rox are snakebitten and T-Mac's back is no help.

Good thing about the NBA is that making the playoffs is all that matters.
    They still will have time with Yao coming back in February.
    That is enough time to make a run at the playoffs,

15. lex13

lex13 Member

Not sure how many years are left on his contract, but currently he's unable to perform his job. Still amazes me that Rockets signed him to an extension given his history of injuries. They weren't this serious before, but he's never been an iron man like Kobe.

If his condition doesn't improve or deteriorates further (which I think it will) he may be forced to retire. Or he may be the next Grant Hill who takes up salary, plays a few games, reinjures himself and sits most of the season out. In either case, he won't be taking up many minutes in the Rockets rotation.

16. sun12

sun12 Member

Greg Oden, Kevin Durant or Joakim Noah, get or trade one of them, it would help tremendously.

17. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Rob Costa of SR610 said that talk around the lockroom is Yao will be out more like 8 weeks.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Don't be ridiculous, it's his tibia... not the knee requiring micro-fracture surgery.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

am I missing something hidden here??

The guy seems supportive of us in this tough time, why are yall giving him crap?

Geeeze. civility people...

look it up it if you arent sure what it means.

depressed.....

but I Wont give up.

:(

20. m0lson

m0lson Member

****... i think its time the rockets do what the nuggets did and bring someone in to keep the ship afloat... KG anyone?