1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao and TMac will never win a championship with...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 20, 2006.

1. almostReady

almostReady Member

To save typing for some friends here, I'll just offer the usual excuses here:

It's TMac's back, not JVG.
    Head's bonehead play, not JVG.
    Yao's stamina problem costed us dearly, not JVG.
    It's Rafer, what can you do? Not JVG.
    We're back to back. oh, no, oops. Not this one. But, we rested three days, that's too long. Not JVG.
    ...about 25 more go here...

2. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Actually, if we have a healthy Tmac and Yao, we have a chance to win despite JVG and rafer. JVG is just not the right coach to utilize our team's assets. Tmac, with his awesome playmaking helps to cover that up, but when Tmac is gone, and Rafer does what JVG tells him to do, we lose. We should be able to win without Tmac with the team we have, atleast more then we are winning but crucial things here and there gets us the loss. How many points have our last 4 losses been by combined? Our coach, and our PG's play plays a big role esp in those close ones I believe. It's not like we're not in these games 2/2 lack of the players and depth. We are in these games and then get outcoached.

3. rocketsinsider

Look right now i really dont see that we have anyone better then Rafer at this point, neither Head, Vspan, or JLIII have showned that they wont turn the ball over alot, atleast rafer :rolleyes: doesnt turn the ballover that much.(knock on wood)

4. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Well, I guess they'll never win a championship because those two aren't going anywhere.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Substitute me in with a 50 lb. weight tied to my pee pee and we win this game.

It would hurt like a bi**h, but I would get the job done.

I would have to try really hard and be insanely drunk to outsuck Rafer.

6. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

i definitely think rafer doesn't look as bad when t-mac is on the court sharing ball handling duties with him. luther should run the point only in short spurts. his decision making is suspect. but the longer rafer has the ball, the less i like him.

7. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Care to explain? How has Yao's stamina cost us this game? He played great minus the first quarter. Our guards tried to be the hero, and they failed.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Zboy, I know this sounds really cruel (I apologize to all the T-Mac fans), but if you replace Alston trade wish with a prayer for T-Mac recovery miracle, it'll be a perfect signature.

9. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

I want to add, I'm not taking anything from T-Mac, we need him dearly. But at the same time, I don't want to take away the crappyness of reeker alston.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Amen!!

11. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I don't care about Alston at this moment. I am just wondering how many straight loss could get JVG fired? If 7 or 8 straight loss could get rid of him, I really do not mind that to happen. It is probably beneficial to the Rox, even in this season!

When Rafer could not defend a soul, why can't Vspan see a little play time? The guy has proved offensive ability which was completely ignored by JVG. Novak is a proven shooter, why not give him 5 shots per night? Ok, guys may not be better defensive players, but at times the defense was not clicking any way. In the changing NBA games, overscore the opponent is certainly a choice.

My 2 cents, the assistant head coach TT seemed to be a good candidate to takeover. He has very good relationship with Yao and looks like a smart guy.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... dude, you are still not ready, and the odds are you will never be.

Yep, please save some typing for yourself.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sadly....that is ALL true. I love V-Span. I'd love to see him maximize his minutes.

14. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

As long as we can keep these ''twin turbo'' in the team, we definitely have a chance for the champion. However, T-mac is not here.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You guys just need a scapegoat for every freaking loss. Guess what, you can't win them all. Especially if one of your Top 2 players is injured.

16. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Yao is great and all but he can't play 1 against 5. This team needs Tmac. Without Tmac we will not win many games in the remaining season. Yao can't get it done alone with this team. We need Tmac!!!

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed, but you can BEAT the HORRIBLE teams like Golden State and Portland if you use your bench.........

DD

18. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Why dont you actually watch a game for once instead of the scoreboard.

Have you seen good teams play without their superstars? YOu will actually find out its not a complete disaster. They still actually win games. The lakers didnt have Kobe and they didnt die. We dont have Tmac but we still have an MVP player. In fact, Tmac has been playin bad, only 18 ppg. Yet we still cant find a way to do anything without him? Here is the difference between a good coach and a bad coach.

Stop making excuses of needing 2 superstars. You have arguebly the leagues MVP right now and you still cant win?

19. almostReady

almostReady Member

sorry, you are probably right. that won't fly for this game. But still, you know, i am just trying to prove that JVG is not at fault for the pathetic loss, it's the players, as usual.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have been watching the games and we haven't been a disaster. We should have beaten LA and Golden State. Tonight was ugly but that will happen sometimes when you have Yao and a bunch of role players and a still-fat Bonzi. And yet we still have been competitive in every game withou TMac.