1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/12/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2006.

1. bgismh

bgismh Member

Kerr is such an idiot. The Lakers have played 15 of their 20 games so far at home, more home games than any other team at this point yet he still ranks them 1st. The Rockets have only played 9 of their first 20 at home. The Rockets have an 8-1 home record and really should be 9-0 because they should have finished off the Spurs after having a 19 point late third quarter lead.

If the Toyota Center is rocking the fans can really make a difference. Hopefully Yao has a big game and if the supporting cast can shoot a decent percentage and play hard defensively the Rockets should win this game.

2. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

he jumps on the bandwagon with the highest population. that's pretty much how his power rankings are decided.

3. Shang6

Shang6 Member

If Lakers don't have Zenmaster pretty sure Kerr would care alot less of them...

Anyways go Rockets from Shanghai... I'm missing all the games cuz too lazy to wake up in the morning for them ><

Defence is the key, i trust JVG will know how to shut down the fakers enough for a close win.

Go Rockets 101-95 win !!

-Jin

ex-Houstonian
    current shanghai-ian if thats a word =p

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I think JVG might start Novak

Novak vs Walton

3pt shootout

5. Champ06

Champ06 Member

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

it's a road game for LA so it should not be blacked out. you need to call and b**** at the cable people ASAP.

we had the problem in austin when the spurs were playing in houston. spurs home games are blacked out in austin for league pass since they are generally carried on Fox Sports SW. this one was not so I ended up having to go to a bar that did not have time warner to watch the game.

time warner fixed the problem but any spurs game on league pass, home or away, is still listed as 'blackout' on the guide but I can watch it if it is an away game. so if you can't get it resolved then go grab a beer after work and catch the game at your local watering hole.

7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Is it good news or bad news? Lakers will try not to double-team Yao. But I got the feeling the Lakers will eventually end up double-team or even triple-team Yao.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/ci_4823301

8. Ducky

Ducky Member

TOP 5 ... pages... :D

Must win this game. it's about the ranking :eek:

T-mac is not gonna play, Yao should hit 40+. btw, the rebounds recently was not good. comon Yao~~ GO Rox!

9. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

If Rafer shoots 15+ times, we lose

Anything else we win.

10. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I watched Lakers' game against Spurs last night, and both their offence and defence looked solid. I think the key to win this game is to reduce TOs and focus on transition defence, since the Lakers are very good at fast-break. In addition, the Rockets need to have a good defence of the paint. Yao needs to be smart on defence to avoid foul trouble, and play aggresively on the other side. I don't think anyboby in Lakers could contain Yao, but Kobe and Odom will give us a lot of troubles. It is a tough match with TMac out.

100:99 Rockets

Go Rockets!

11. hydrolisko

hydrolisko Member

Nobody's gonna stop kobe, he will get his. the key is stopping odom and walton, then the rox got a chance. And yao needs to stay outta foul trouble on this one because Zen will send his kids to attack the basket early to trouble yao. Rockets will have a tough time with this one. I say Lakers 98 Rockets 90.

12. cks

cks Member

13. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

phil jackson will outcoach jvg.

jvg's style is too predictable.

unless yao go crazy...

14. cks

cks Member

it will be a great test for Yao, if he can gets it done, he will be more confident n dominant, if he can't do it without t-mac, the rox is in problem like last season, but hopefully Jeff will play Bonzi n Bonzi can perform n reduce the harm done by losing T-mac, but i would like to think The Rox is going to take this one, Go Rox

15. almostReady

almostReady Member

78 - 92 Rockets loss

hope i am wrong.

16. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

Tough game. Narrow win

17. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Kobe or/and odom are going to be on fire tonight. Hopefully Yao can dominate the middle and put up some big numbers cause the Rockets will need it. Hopefully Shane stops odom and kobe alittle from time to time.
    I hope a win, but i think this will be a lose. T-MAC get well soon

18. blender

blender Member

The Rockets will have to play a hell of a defensive game to win this one. Not expecting them to win, but I hope they put up a good fight.

19. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

I predict that Rox is gonna loose, cause nobody can stop K24, Yao may get into foul trouble or get exhausted. Poor Yao, after this game people are gonna blame him for not leading this team to a win.
    I am always pessimistic before the game cause I will be so happy if we win, and I will never loose my mind after a loose.
    Go Rox!

20. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

If you think about it, one of their "road" games was against the Clippers. They played 16 of their first 20 games at home. They have only traveled for 4 games. Their road record without the Clippers game is 1-3. They have only won against the Golden State Warriors. The 3 losses were to Utah, Portland, and Seattle. Two of those teams are lottery bound.

Lakers suck!