1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Becoming a "member"...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by You Can Call Me Sir, Oct 2, 1999.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Don't you need to donate at least a certain amount to be considered a contributing member?

2. Astroholic

Astroholic Member

Sounds like BS to me. Some people don't have much money and give what they can. Every penny is contribution in my opinion.

3. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

You also need to make sure to include your username when donating so he knows who to credit it to.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Sometimes Clutch is busy with all his work outside this site, so can take a long time to check the mail, and also you have to put your username to clutch knows who is contributing.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no

let me tell you what is BS.

BS is expecting one man to use only his own money to keep a site this large up and running at all times by himself.

yes, he recently (just recently, it was totally adfree for years) put up ads to help out with the costs (which are considerable) of the server and bandwidth....but it still costs him quite a bit in time and money to keep this site what it is.

If there wasnt a minimum, you would have alot of cheapskates sending 50 cents or a dollar and expecting full contributing benefits.

Even broke college students can spare 5 or 10 bucks at least once...he isnt making folks donate constantly....just once is the minimum requirement.

tho...if you spend any time whatsoever here every day...you damn well need to donate more than once.

as an added note....to anyone that has every asked me how to compensate me for the vids (yes, I have been asked quite often)...take that money you were offerng and send it to Clutch...I say it in every thread I post ...and it is still as true as ever...He cant do it alone...help the man out for the many hours of enjoyment his site gives you.

which reminds me....end of year means I need to give some cash...especially since I generate so much extra traffic the day after every game. Headed your way later today. ;)

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have a question that may not be related to this thread, but I don't know where else to ask it.

How do we get to edit our posts?

I posted something without thinking but I can't edit my posts because I am a rookie. Do you need to be a member or a contributing member or what?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Im a member and im not sure how to edit posts either

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You have to donate to be a contributing member to edit your posts.

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

just out of curiosity, any ideas on why you would get downgraded from senior Member to member?

it really doesn't matter with me because I rarely start new threads, I think I've started only 3 threads since I became a member. I just thought it would be interesting to know :confused:

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

just a guess based on Clutch's known disdain towards post-whoring...

I would guess that he ran your posts thru the QPC and you came up lacking...

really....

Those little titles mean very little (except for the contributing title)..member, sr member, jr member....they dont earn you any more cred....your post quality history says much more than a title does.

HayesFan......you must be a contributing member to have edit ability.