1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Wizards 12/9/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Member

[​IMG]

LOVE THIS PIC :D

2. dagger

dagger Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by qpx
    Can we make TC to light off after 3rd Quarter every game? then we could win every home game. Yao needs the extra 5minutes rest. LOL

Let Toyota Center 's facility guy knows it would be better. JVG? He dont kow
    to tripped off the power supply and he dont wanna be a roast Turkey. :)

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Look at the Midget Lucas 111 looking up at yao. also yao's face expression is priceless. it's like WTF is howard doing?.. :eek: :D

4. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

LOL, chuck could do it

5. Highwire

Highwire Member

This explains the foul trouble. Even if he hits it clean, this is too risky.

[​IMG]

6. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

If we keep going with current winning ratio, who cares about those turnovers.

7. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

Most of those physical defenses are illegal. Refs did a bad job with no calls. I'm sorry to say that but you sound a little pathetic.

8. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

You don't think defending Yao has anything to do with their injury, even indirectly? Constantly trying to push a 300 lb 7'6 monster out of paint will sigificantly increase one's chance of injury.

9. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I remember watching Arenas at the TC game. He got pissed about something in 4Q - bad call? Then the next trip down for the Rockets Rafer was crossing the lower paint and Arenas threw a deliberate high elbow at him - but gratefully he missed. Dirty sob.

10. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

Yao shot the lights out in Washington?!

Yao shot the lights out in Washington?! It's a pitty that I missed the game, but I will watch the recorded game soon. So excited that Yao scored 38 points and had 6 blocks! I heard that he even shot the lights out in Washington?! Unbelievable ...

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No he didn't. That was the guy wearing 0.

12. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

That was a great lesson by JVG, just letting him foul out. That's the benefit in having Juwan be a greedy rebounder. He can just let Chuck foul out to learn from his mistakes. A coach can tell him to foul less, but it will never be as effective as experience.

13. lilyken

lilyken Member

Rumor says: it was Chuck Hayes.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

There were a few unconfirmed sightings of Eddie Griffin.

15. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

I was at the game tonight and I was so proud of my houston rockets! The row behind us won the chipotle contest or something like that and we got to be on tv. I was flashing my old school houston rockets jersey 25, big shot bob!

First off Yao was amazing. The people around me, including my buddy were mesmerized by yao's ability to knock down free throws. They started calling him "the premeir big man in the league", "he's too big to stop", and all the while I kept yelling double team him saracastically. Then the play happened which changed everything. The brought the double team and Yao faded baseline away from the double team and hit the fallaway! I start yelling Hakeem incarnate!! It's so fun to go to a game when everyone else is a wizards fan around you! I told them there is no way to stop yao tonight not double teaming him, not fouling him nothing! Then Luther Head, the play that Tmac goes out I was telling my buddy that Head and Yao need to carry us to finish off the game and Head came through, it was also fun yelling LUTHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Our defense is spectacular man, I love watching them play defense, it's scary how good they are on defense. My buddy was getting pissed off at all the 24 second violations! They rotate so quick and funnel everything to Yao and Yao blocks them. Our transition defense is not up to par, kinda like what the post by Kim revealed. Our halfcourt defense was ridiculous! Great game by yao and luther!

16. Rocketsgogogo

Rocketsgogogo Member

Wizard's coach talked about Yao:
    Jordan: "i don't think anybody has an answer, you just do the best you can.
    ...He has an arsenal i have never seen before. He is equally dominant on
    either box. you tell me anybody in the history that can do that."

Reporter: "you played with Kareem..."

Jordan: "Kareem is dominating on the left box, he (Kareem) was darn good on
    the right,almost dominating on the right, he (Kareem) may not agree... This
    guy(Yao) can shoot turnaournd jump shots, has post moves, make free throws.
    ..So..."

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hayes is an emotional stud

18. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's only morning but you've already made my day R2K. Thanks!

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood are their 1st and 2nd string centers, respectively.

Yao had 15 points through 3 quarters. He scored 23 in the fourth. But as this is an "Analysis" thread, not a "let's masturbate over Yao" thread, it's worth pointing out that we were fortunate their two best centers (and two best defensive players) couldn't play in the 4th. When a team that's 28th in the league in defensive efficiency loses their #1 and #2 option at center, we need to take advantage of that, and thanks to Yao we did.

#659 durvasa, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  20. job

job Contributing Member

I wanted to know if Kobe is out for a while since he did not play in the last game. We will be fine if we rest T-Mac for the upcoming Laker game and just start L. Head. I hope we just rest T-Mac.