1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have the 'Quiz' from the Rockets..?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nero, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Nero

Nero Member

This morning, Friday, @ 7 am, Lance went through a 'quiz' on the air with John which he said he had received from the Rockets, while they were waiting for Uncle Drayton to come on and explain why we should all love the Astros.. *sigh*

Anyway, they went through this quiz so quickly, I can't remember each question, but it was definitely interesting.

It was questions such as who's the leading shot-blocker, who has made 5 3-ptrs in a game recently, who leads in minutes, steals, a/to ratio, stuff like that. (I am paraphrasing, obviously.) And the answers to the questions were very interesting as well.

Question is, did anyone happen to either snag a recording of it, or, better yet, actually receive this same 'quiz' from the Rockets' organization somehow? Dunno if this was some kind of a 'press' deal, or what.

I didn't find anything about this on the Rox' website either.

Anyone have this thing?

2. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

no, but I am number 1!

3. cassell4mvp

cassell4mvp Member

i heard it closer to 8am this morning and I believe the answer to all the questions was Shane Battier. They just talked about how important he has been to our success and how he does all the intangibles. Of course many rockets players fit the description to one or more of the questions but only one guy fit all of them, Battier.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

we dont take pride in that kind of stuff here

5. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Yeah I heard this as well.

It was questions like:

Who has made 4 or more 3 pointers in the last 5 games

Who is averaging 1 or more blocks per game

Who has the asst / to ratio

and a few others (6 or 7 total)

The answer was Shane Battier for all the questions.

Pretty amazing stuff right there.

BATTIER = [​IMG]

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Who's you daddy?

BATTIER!

7. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Ahhh, statistics...

IIRC, it was Mark Train that once said, "there are three kind of lies. Lies, damn lies and statistics". I'm not trying to slight Battier, but you can configure statistics to show exactly what you want them to say, by finding an answer that you want and then assigning a question to make it true. ;)