1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who’s ‘the man’ in Houston? McGrady says, ‘Who cares?’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Nov 25, 2006.

1. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

I respect Tmac even more after this quote. Which superstar in NBA would be willing to say in public that he doesn't care to be 'the man'. And I believe Tmac truly meant it. Tmac is a winner and I am sure a NBA championship means 100 times more to him than the scoring champ or the MVP honor. Way to go Tmac! We are lucky to have you on the Rockets team.

2. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I love you T-mac.

3. hle6

hle6 Member

After all the years with the back injuries, TMAC knows that he can not be the man for 40 mins for 82 games anymore.

He will play at a different level in the play off, like he did 2 yrs ago.

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Quite a turnaround from past seasons where the prevailing thought was we can win without Yao but we can't win w/o Mcgrady. Not sure if I like this second banana talk from him though, the west is tougher than ever and we need both of them playing at superstar levels if this going to be a special season.

5. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

I guess he was saying he lost one step just because he just returned from the back injury and kind of forget how to play. Staying away from competetive bball for half a year can do that. He felt like he cannot blow by people as easy as before, so he was thinking he is a step slower. But as time goes by, he'll get his game back and be more like his old self. I remember seeing some quote several games into the season, in which he said that he was feeling much better at getting by people.

I hope that he could get back to his formal excellence, but I do like the way he is playing right now. On any given night he can either go for 30 or go for a tripple double, and that would give the opponent coach so much more headache. For me, 20/7/7 is as good as 25/5/5, maybe even better. That 2 extra assist will produce about 4 or 5 points, and more importantly getting other players involved.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Make no mistake about it: T-Mac still has the ability to take over games.

Right now, he's doing EXACTLY what we need him to do. He's essentially our point forward that's willingly been running our inside-outside offense and he's doing a fine job at it. Granted, his shooting percentages must improve and he needs to stop settling for so many jumpers, but he's still doing a fine job of holding down the perimeter.

He's still as skilled and clutch as the best of them. Once the playoffs come along you all will realize how lucky we are to have such a gifted second option.

7. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Tmac should take a look at AI and KG, they have been single-handly carring their team for more year than TMac does, and they don't complain about being tired when they are having some off nights.

8. rox2007

rox2007 Member

Look at these! TMac is so efficient. He IS doing well!

Efficiency 12 Games:
    per game | per 48Min
    Yao 27 | 37
    Mac 19 | 24

Efficiency last 5 games:
    per game | per 48Min
    Yao 24 | 31
    Mac 23 | 30

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Haha. I was thinking of AI and KG when I saw this thread but in the opposite direction. Tmac used to be one of those guys, always on a mediocre team, but now he's finally in a place built to win and that's why he's also willing to take on a different role.

10. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

I don't care who is "the man" in Houson. Tmac and Yao will never hold any conflicts about this issue. They are not like Kobe&Shaq. All they care are winning more games and win the champion in the end.