1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]Texas A&M @ University of Texas - Austin

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 22, 2006.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Congrats to the Aggies.

2. rocket_red

rocket_red Contributing Member

I'm a junior at A&M and I couldn't be happier!

Gig em Ags!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!

Can't wait for next year when Texas comes to Kyle Field!

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Good game, obviously you can't win them all- Aggies won and the Horns looked disappointing... still an outside shot of going to the Big XII title game if Okie State can defeat Oklahoma in Stillwater.

Last years team definitely spoiled Longhorn fans such as myself, this year's team was good on paper but couldn't make the plays in certain games (such as today) that we would have made last year- on defense and on offense.

I'll change my sig to whatever for a month- just let me know- I'm a man of my words. After the KSU loss this one doesn't hurt that much. Congrats Aggies.

4. Glish21

Glish21 Member

This is my last year at A&M and I couldn't be happier.

good game horns and I hope Colt gets better

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Stay classy A&M...we may have lost the game but you'll never see our fans laughing at a player who looks seriously hurt, no matter what team he plays on. Not sure what's funny about a player who gets taken off the field on a stretcher.

A&M played a very good game, congrats on a HUGE win. As for us, obviously a disappointing loss, McCoy shouldn't have played this game as you could tell he wasn't his normal self. A lot of his passes were just off, especially when on the run, he also short armed a lot of throws.

Again...congrats to A&M for the win.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Good game ags. You kept it close and stoped an offense that was still groggy from turkey and wine. Unlike some off my Longhorn brethren I can handle a (rare) loss. Congrats again and I'm looking foward to 4 more years of Franchione.

As for the game itself, hindsight 20/20, Colt had no buisness playing this one. Jevean should have had 2 weeks of snaps in practise and started. I doubt it would have made a difference though as the A&M defensive Modus Operandi was hurting the QB regardless of football legality and health.

Again, congrats on a well played game.

7. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

8. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Well that was a real nice win, but I think we all know that we've still got a ways to go before we can be at level that we want to be at (UT's recent level), but it sure is nice to be competitive again for the last 2 seasons against Texas. Hopefully we can get the rivalry back to what it should be and have the A&M-UT winner determing the Big 12 South champion every year.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

congrats to aggies, but what a classless football team

illegal hits especially on qb not called, uncalled for

refs def helped aggies win today, bogus pass interference call, several non offsides calls,no calls on late hits on mccoy, just horrible officiating

just classless aggies, other players proved it today too celebrating when mccoys down

i owe a sig to some peeps

hook em

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dude what the hell is all this classless Aggie bull? What happened with Aaron Harris? How bout Ricky Williams? Romance Taylor anyone? Shut the hell up.

11. mrdave543

any of this relate to what happened on the field today? nope, another classless poster

12. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

your sig should read

"no matter what we always make excuses for when we lose" ut football

13. mrdave543

i dont owe you a sig, but nice try

14. torrr

torrr Member

[​IMG]

Sweed pushing off on Gorrer's facemask, looks bogus there :rolleyes:

While the Heard hit was late, the Bennett hit wasn't worthy of a flag. Watch the full speed replay on espn.com and it was about a half a second after he released the ball, something that happens multiple times in nearly every football game.

15. mrdave543

both guys were pushing on each other, with the defender initiating contact, shouldve been a no call if anything, watch the repaly

bennet hit was worthy of a flag helmet to his chin/helmet. led with his helmet was called last week in the michigan ohio st game, shouldve been called here. IC posts proves how classy aggies can really be

16. mrdave543

this is class, appreciate it, and like i said earlier congrats to aggies on huge win for their program

17. AggieRocketFan96

Hahahaha, now you can drink the koolaid all night long!!!!!

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dirty or not U decide.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-899050970425200734

Personally, flags have been thrown on alot less both in College and the NFL.

Nice try Torr, freezing the shot on the facemask. Maybe you should take some of your advice and watch the whole play. His pushing on him coz the aggie is trying to wrap his hands.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yeah because all the Longhorns were so classy at the beginning of the thread. Every fanbase takes all kinds and you know that.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

You're classless and whiny. Eat crow and go cry elsewhere. :)
    Seriously, good Aggies don't support what Heard did. Legal or not, that was very unsportsmanlike and deserves a suspension. But for everything else, you're just crying like a baby. The hit that knocked out McCoy was very legit...it's football. And no legit Ag feels good about hurting McCoy. Good Ags wish McCoy the best. The players were all on a knee.

And I disagree with the pass interference call. Though RocketsManJosh says it should be OPI, I'm not so sure, but I might defer to him because I don't know much about football. I thought it should be illegal use of hands, hands to the face, which would be a 5 or 10 yard penalty, which could have changed the complexion of the game for UT might have got a field goal out of that, A&M wouldn't have gone for 2 on the 2nd touchdown, and McCoy would have gotten the ball back only down by 3pts and not needed to try to hard to score a touchdown.

All you're doing is perpetuating the stereotype of whiny longhorn fans who blame things on officiating when the truth is the #1 rushing D got run to the ground today. Longhorn fans are better than how you're responding, especially since you were so adamant about how much you knew about football and how sure you were that the Horns would stomp. Just take the lumps man, you're team lost. None of this "congrats, but..." b.s. You talked big, so you're gonna get it back big.

Once again, thank goodness the streak is over. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.