1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Nero

Nero Member

OK, think about it.

In the past, if any opposing player had goine off for like 40 points, shooting absolutely unconscious, the Rox would have lost.

It's that simple.

Sure, there are things whic need to be corrected. As Mario Elie said on the radio before the game, with so many new players trying to really learnt o play together, it's going to take at least a month. They are still working out the kinks.

And notice JVG's kinks which need to be worked out as well.

JVG is a very big 'trust' person; look at who he had playing in the game so much: JHo and Padgett.

As much as JVG wants to talk about players having the mental mindset necessary to have 48 minutes of true intensity, JVG himself is cracking a bit under the pressure as well, not trusting his guys. (Did you see him screeching at Snyder late in the 4th?) If he was going to play Padgett that much, then he had better loosen his tie and let Novak in a bit now. Sam for Howard, when it becae clear that neither Padgett nor Howard had their bets shooting touch last night, Novak should have gotten a taste.

And when you have a guy going out of his mind like Gordon suddenly did, why NOT put V-Span in there, with only one instruction: stay inside Gordon's shirt! Heck, it couldn't have been any WORSE defense on the guy.

In any case, don't blame Yao for all the passes which got swatted away from behind. Do blame him for all the balls that got swatted once they were in his hands though. But it's the entry passes who seemed to be brain-dead last night. It took them most of the game to figure out that we needed crisp, high entry passes to Yao, or the ball was going to get knocked out of bounds by Wallace every time.

TMac got tired, looks like. I think people are having a hard time remembering that TMac has not actually seen a steady serious dose of the basketball floor for since June of 2005. That's almost a year-and-a-half away from the floor, folks. He barely played last year, wnd when he did, he was so gimped as for it to not even count. He is still getting his legs back guys, his touch, and his mental toughness. It will come, just not overnight.

Finally, sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team. When you have a guy like Gordon who suddenly can't miss, it's very hard to win those games.

2. qrui

qrui Member

wow! what a game! this has finally convinced me that the rockets, collectively, are masters in making things difficult for themselves.

j/k! this has been a trend now. and a dangerous one. they won't always get away with a win, especially against a really good team, like the spurs. they better do something, and quick.

3. azjw

azjw Member

Well said, esp. the first part. But he latter half contradicts with it a little i guess. ;)
    If anybody had told me that the Rockets were going to have a record of 6-3 and winning in this kind of inconvincible way, I'd take it happily without any difficulty.

As said, this is a new team. They're doing moderately good. I don't have my loyalty to the team based on miracles. VSpan and Novak will begin to show their talet in January (when the starting line-up begin to stabilize) and Wells may become a contributor (when he realize that the team worth his investment of energy). I'm reasonably optimistic at how things are going.
    :cool: :)

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

I have come to the conclusion after reading this thread, that most of you either do not play basketball. Or you don't play regular season basketball. Some people really don't seem to know what momentum means or never felt it.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

And you had to be snotty about answering didn't you. Ugh.

My question wasn't is what he's doing standard 9 man rotation and can it be compared to what other coaches have done in the past, my question is do you think he's leaving them out there when they are obviously tired to teach them a lesson?

Being nasty obviously makes you feel better about yourself. So if you think I'm so stupid let someone else answer.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

A Win is a win.

Thats all I have to comment on this thread.

7. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Member

Agree. I am watching the game again right now, and noticed that the Bulls actually had an 8 point lead like 2mins before the 1st Q ended. I see that as a positive also, that we can overcame it and then built a 21 point lead. Just try to see the glass as half full instead of half empty.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

Get well Chuck Hayes! Once Chuck's back in there scrappin', we'll be done with this blowing-big-leads nonsense. Until then, get down on the floor and get it, boys!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been saying the same thing, he stops the dribble penetration, and gets you extra possesions.

Having 2 hustle players on the floor with Yao, Tmac and Alston make a huge difference.

DD

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Ben Gordon gets more respect than Yao and Tmac combined. If Rafer drove into the paint and got stuffed by Ben Wallace, we all know he'd never get a foul call.

11. cmellon

cmellon Member

man, i miss Chuck Hayes already

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rafer rarely drives, to the aggressor go the spoils.

It is the same thing with Yao, he should be more aggressive, too many fade aways.....

DD

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Gordon was great last night

I would love him to start instead of coming from the bench

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Not that I don't like the enthusiasm for what he contributes to the team. To be honest, two of the collapses we had after a big lead happened when Chuck was still playing. He was on the bench when both the Bucks and Knicks made a run at the end of the games, but he was available. (Which is one of the reasons why I think JVG has an alterior motive for letting them lose the lead and force a close game.)

I am just happy for the win last night. It was a nail biter, especially when Shane was trying to take that ball out of bounds at the end with no time outs left to rescue him.

15. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Member

I caught the end segment of CD talking with John & Lance 610AM b4 9AM, and he said he was so glad to find out that chuck hayes only needs 2 weeks off. He said when he saw the collide, he was thinking " here we go again".

Also, a guy named Charlie called in and told CD that he was in the game last nite and seated at section 113. He asked why during the 4th Q, when him and the fans on his section were standing up, cheering, and being loud, the usher came and told them to sit down or leave the building. :eek: :eek:

CD was puzzled and shocked to hear that, and promised to look into it. He said, the Rockets and the whole organization want to have the fans being loud, and making noise during the game. Thats the whole purpose of what Jeff and TMac are doing with the Red Rowdies.

Shames on those ushers and TC staffs.....

16. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i was at the game last night...

very very close!!!!

wallace the one point man!

17. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

The Rockets look awful with Howard in the game. They definitely miss Chuck Hayes running around the floor making the opposing PF chase him down. Yao has so much more space with Hayes on the floor.

18. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Are you saying he is taking Chuck out, so that Yao and T-Mac can train to win in the clutch?

19. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

20. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Ben Gordon was unconscious...simply went Dwayne Wade on us! Props to him.

And so my question is this: why didn't we trap him, take the ball out of his hands, and turn him in into a passer (as they were doing to McGrady)? I'd take my chances on somone else beating us in light of the fact that Gordon was having his way with us.

D R