1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley is right...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2006.

1. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

whoa there, couple of things wrong with your comparisons.

first, duncan gets a free pass not because he's tim duncan, but because he was playing with some foot injury the entire year, much like tmac's back problems last year...when you aren't at 100%, you're not at 100%.

as for tmac's record without yao, it isnt as bad as the 2-15 the rockets were when he was out of the lineup or the 2-16 they were when he didnt finish the game. he creates many more opportunities for the offense when he has the ball, because the defense has to move and adjust whereas with yao they stand still. obviously they are not going to do well without yao because he is a major piece of their team, but the fact remains in the nba, the perimeter players are put on a pedestal, and we should milk that nonstop since we have a top 5 perimeter player on our team, top 2 when hes at 100%.

also there's a reason erick dampier is not an all-star candidate or an MVP candidate or whaever, with yao there are higher expectations because of his skill set, get used to it.

2. BlueberryEater

Apparently all these TMac nuthuggers started creating these lame threads cause they'rea jealous Yao Ming is the #1 and the best scoring option for our team. People just need to accept the fact that if the Rockets want to get past the 1st round of the playoff, then Yao is the #1 scoring option, and TMac is the playmaker. That's it, case close and nuff said.

3. compucomp

compucomp Member

Yes, Duncan had a foot injury. But so did Yao for the longest time until he finally got it fixed last year. His foot had probably been infected for a while. Don't hear anybody mentioning that in the national media.

If you're going to make the "the record isn't as bad as it looks," then don't harp on Yao's poor record without T-Mac, just like all the T-Mac nuthuggers do. I can make the same argument. In the end, wins are wins and losses are losses, and when we look at the final numbers last year, T-Mac without Yao was 6-15.

When Yao has the ball in the post, the team doesn't stand still. Clearly you haven't watched enough basketball. The passer cuts through the lane or goes baseline, another 3 point shooter rotates into position, and possibly there is another cutter going down the lane. If you really want to see people standing still, go watch somebody iso up on the perimeter. This is the old SF/CM playing style that clearly was not going to bring a championship.

4. cmellon

cmellon Member

No you are wrong. The eternal whiners will keep making new thread and throw away critiques unless:
    1) Rox wins 82-0
    2) Rox wins the game by 50 point margin each time
    3) Yao's stat looks like 35 pt, 20 rebounds each game
    4) McGrady's stat look like 40 pt, 15 assists each game
    5) V-Span and Novak play each game
    6) ****** Bonzi plays each game
    7) Alston has 15 assists and 0 turnover

Even with the above, there would be something else to bash such as JVG is bald, Padget defense sucks, Yao's number is not a dominant number, etc

Welcome to Clutchfans BBS, where the best BBS in the world has been reduced to an ESPN board.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Nice ... real nice. i have defended yao here on more occasions then i care to remember. however, why do you YOF feel the need to bash tracy?.. seriousely?.. care to answer that?.. i aint no tracy nutthugger. dude i can talk thrash and be so vulgared that you're head would spin. however i aint sinking to you're level. i'm racist?.. as any of the long time members here if i'm racist or not..

6. cmellon

cmellon Member

Dude... I think this thread needs to be locked... seriously.... maybe give multiple technicals in the form of banning to those people who keep polluting this great BBS.

7. compucomp

compucomp Member

You're not going to out vulgar me. If you throw mud at me you're going to get it back tenfold right in your face.

I didn't bash Tracy. You started it by agreeing with Barkley's garbage and then calling people "YOF" or "scum" if they disagree.

Go back into your hole where you rant about how the Yellow Peril is ruining America.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

This is priceless. when did i agree with barkely. ALL I SAID WAS STOP BASHING TRACY TO STEPHEN CHOU AND OTHER YOF. i never said anything bad about yao. get you're facts straight. i agree yao is outr best option. i just said express it nicely. stop bringing tracy down.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

people saying we are 6:3 and we should be fine

I think we can do much more

with Yaoza and TMac we should be able to crunch any team at any time

10. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Basketball is a team sport. You aren't gonna do jack if you have 2 dominant players, but the rest of the cast can't do jack.

6-3 is fine. We should have won the Spurs game, but that wasn't any of the players' fault, more so with JVG's unwillingness to find solutions from out of the box when it was obvious that the starters are all out of gas at the end and couldn't buy a bucket.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is one of the worst threads of all time and has brought out the worst in people. Some of you Yao-zealots have gone way over the top. If people feel Tracy should be the focal point of the offense they are entitled to that opinion without your animalistic and vulgar insults. Just because they feel that way doesn't make them racists or Yao-haters. At least try to be civilized. Who anointed you as mind-readers and judges?

Clutch, a couple of people in this thread need a one or two week timeout. The GARM has been sinking the last couple of months. Hopefully this thread represents the nadir. Pathetic.

12. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

No kidding!!!

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm one step ahead of you...

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Hey Clutch...was there a sudden jump in new members this month? What's going on?

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Its crazy, you have to be really careful how to express your self about your lovely team, if you mention Yao in anyway, you can expect to be extremely bashed or high praised...people need to check them self a little bit before posting

I think the free registration needs to be closed

16. yaominn

yaominn Member

tmac said himself in the national tv that he would retire in 3 years. i am not sure it's a good idea to make him our #1 option.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

What the hell is going on? Is this what the GARM has sunk to now? :eek: :(

How sad, we have Yao zealots and McGrady zealots who're bashing one or the other player.

None of you are true Rockets fans, you would be gone as quickly as you came if either or both of the players weren't on the Rockets.

Honestly, sometimes I wish we didn't have either player so we wouldn't have to deal with this trash. It would serve many of us right if we can't appreciate the fact that us having two superstars is a luxury very, very few teams around the league enjoy. We're freakin' 6-3 in a tough stretch of games and all you can do is b**** and moan? :rolleyes:

Keep it up guys, you're showing your true colors and in the process ruining this BBS for true Rockets fans.

18. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Rockets fans like to suffer. We intentionally watch Barkley on TNT just to get pissed off at his stupid comments and we enjoy watching games where we blow up 20 point leads. What really pissed me off about this game is that Battier didn't foul Nocioni in that last shot. I was really looking forward to an overtime. :)

19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

compucomp reminds me a lot of a former BBS member (Lacent or some name like that, Clutch actually photoshopped a tombstone picture after he was banned).

They are actually good posters and know a thing or two about basketball. But whenever someone criticizes Yao, they become very angry and always pull the race card.

I have no idea why they are so serious about it. IMO, it is just basketball games. And I don't care if Yao is the best big man in the league or not, he won't get full recognition from everyone else if he and T-Mac can't do something big in the playoffs, People give Tim Duncan or Shaq a free pass when they are down because they have accomplished so much in their careers, regular season MVP, Final MVP, multiple rings, etc. At this point, Yao has done nothing yet in terms of helping his team to win big. That is undeniable and that is why critics are still not convinced he is the best. Of course yesterday's game didn't help either. So let us all calm down and get over it.

20. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i dont care whos #1 as long as we win, i do want tamc to get teh killer instinct back,i think as the season goes he will be fine,as far as retiring goes, if we win it his last yr,i dont see him leaving,or if we go deep into the playoffs he will reconsider