1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudis build 550-mile fence to shut out Iraq

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Uprising, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kingwood?

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't think your thinly veiled racist comments didn't escape notice. In cowardly fashion you are describing... some ethnic group... as little more than dogs. Your comments have been forwarded to the Anti-Defamation League, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, and for good measure to the Shriners. Prepare for the impending multi-ethnic sit-in in front of your house.

:p

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I know.. where's the outrage from gw and his admin?

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I was actually referring to the way people in support of the fencing of the US-Mexico border have been dubbed as racists by some on the left.

Nice try.

5. Phi83

Phi83 Contributing Member

Old Texas Proverb

"Good Fences make Good Neighbours"

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Your ignorance is predictable. :)

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah we won iraq :D

7. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

What was so ignorant about his post? Care to refresh us on Israeli-Arab Wars?
    Israel has gained territory in wars where it was attacked first and gave the land back in hopes of peace. Regardless of what Israel has done or will do, the majority of arabs will not recognize its right to exist. In a time of war (which it has been in a constant state of it for years now) I would build a fence whereever it made my citizens more secure. If the enemy shoots missiles over the fence, then I'm gonna fight back.

I'm not 100% in line with Israeli policy. Not that it matters, since I'm not Israeli nor do I ever plan on moving there.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

someone else is gonna have to teach you a history lesson...both sides are messed up, it goes beyond territory issues, things aren’t as black and white as you hear about them on the news...there are no good guys bad guys - each side has blood on their hands.

i was calling dada ignorant because of his first post in this thread.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL!

DaDa always manages to crack me up. :D

You never cease to amaze me, DaDa...

#29 tigermission1, Nov 15, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ignorance is funny haha :D

11. compucomp

compucomp Member

That's from a poem by Robert Frost, Mending Wall. The dude wrote most of his stuff about New England. Don't know what the hell it has to do with Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mending_Wall

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Actually, it dates back far earlier than Frost (or at least the concept does, if not the actual words) and in several languages. It certainly existed prior to the establishment of the Republic of Texas, though. In America, it was included in Poor Richard's Almanack by Ben Franklin in the 1750s as "Love thy Neighbour; yet don't pull down your Hedge".

Here is an article on the history of the proverb.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Dam it if they can build one so can we dam what mexico says.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I got it. ;)

As for the wall, it almost seems pointless since most of the terrorists from Saudi etc. are going to Iraq through Syria/Jordan. Not the Iraq Saudi border....

#34 Uprising, Nov 15, 2006
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What that land won in war should be given back?

You do realize that the US is one of the few countries in the world that has won a war and GIVEN the countries it beat their soverienty back.

Most of the time, the victors get the spoils.

Heck the Middle east is all made up post WW1 anyway, as the English and French withdrew.

Their lines are blurred to begin with....

DD

16. DaDakota

Well I try....that is what I live for......and yes I know it is not a popular opinion among Muslims....like you and Bosh...

Whatever, different strokes...I guess.

I am sure that if the Palastinians had taken Israeli land you guys would be all for giving it back....

RIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT ???

:D

DD

17. tigermission1

LOL! "Popular opinion"? Don't flatter yourself. It's not an issue with your "opinions", it's an issue of having all your facts wrong. It's an issue of you being one of the most ignorant people I have ever come across -- in the real or the virtual world. Yet, you insist on stating your opinions regardless of whether or not you know what the heck you're talking about/referring to.

Your 'facts' are -- not surprisingly -- nonfactual, having nothing to do with actual facts and completely disconnected from reality, as in 'real world' facts, not your imaginary 'facts' that you continue to just make up as you go.

Remember the old saying, DaDa, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"? Well, in your case, it's a bit too late for that.

Oh, and a nice touch with the "you guys" reference...just confirming the obvious, I guess.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade, I love circus shows...and they're called "Palestinians", btw.

#37 tigermission1, Nov 15, 2006
  18. tigermission1

LOL! Stop, please just stop! :D

We should have a "DaDakota Greatest Hits" thread...there is so much comedic potential there...

19. DaDakota

Ah, thanks for that Tiger, you are truly a generously intelligent man. I mean, there is no way that these so called facts of yours could be refuted, right?

I mean building a wall for Israel would be wrong, or would it?

Look, I am not Israeli stooge, I think a lot of what they do is reprehensible, but I do think they have a right to protect their people, and if building a wall makes them safer, then so be it.....

I guess everyone has an ancient claim to the land in question

Israel wins the 6 day war and takes Gaza Strip and West bank

"Israel and its Arab neighbors have endured many wars since 1948. In the 1967 Six Day War, Israel captured the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, among other areas. The West Bank and the Gaza Strip are often called the Occupied Territories, and most of the residents are Palestinian Arabs. Many have been refugees in the Occupied Territories since the 1948 war. Israel also annexed East Jerusalem, a revered holy site of Jews, Muslims, and Christians, in 1967."

As for the land, they won the war, THEY WON THE WAR !!!

To the victor goes the spoils......

Do I think they should give the land back? Give it back to whom exactly? Was Palastine even ever it's own country?

Looks like Palastine has always been in conflict

As for the you and Bosh being Muslim comment, it is referring to the Muslims on this board - of which you are admittedly one, and I don't see how that is even remotely offensive. Like clockwork you come out to decry Israel and stand up for the oppressed Muslim dominated countries.

Your viewpoint is as biased as the next guys....

But, whatever, I am sure I am blinded by my own ignorance of the region.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess it is easier to call people names rather than refute the facts.....ooops...I mean the facts...that I THINK are facts, and not the ones that YOU think are facts.

DD

#39 DaDakota, Nov 15, 2006
  20. DaDakota

What are you kidding? England and France, and the lines of Modern day Iraq, Saudi Arabia and others were drawn after they pulled back post WW1 and 2, do you deny this?

or should we ignore the Sykes-Picot Agreement

or

The league of nations mandate

My point being is that there is no rightful owner of the land, and the borders of the countries there are fairly recent events, and most borders of most countries have been defined by War, the Middle East is no different.

So, which of these facts are wrong, and make me ignorant of the events and status of the situation?

Or is it easier to laugh off the facts, not supply any of your own, and call someone ignorant, meanwhile other like minded people post positive affirmation of your myopic views.

I anxiously await your facts that refute my posts....

DD

#40 DaDakota, Nov 15, 2006