1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/12/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2006.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's easy when you are the biggest body in the league. Yao's not as wide and stronger than Shaq, nor is he quicker. But Yao's jumping shooting is as effective even if a little far out. Actually I would like to see Yao shoots more than he bring down the ball to the floor trying to get closer to the rim. Most of his TO resulted from that.

2. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

YAO for MVP?? :D :D :D

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Let ESPN do their job!! i dont want any team to come into the toyota center well prepared.
    Remember guys: the more we fly under the radar, the more wins we can get

btw wut is the situation for chuck? i hope he would be ok to go against the spurs

4. Fichte

Fichte Member

5. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

i agree.. let them be dumb for as long as possibe.

we have the best defense, and best differential in the league.

i like our chances.

6. billybartlels

billybartlels Member

WOW what a performance by YAO. Here I'm throwing a IQ test, who's feeling HIGH tonight after YAO's 34 pts and 14 rebs? Hint: it's not YAO.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

YAO FOR MVP!!!

8. richter911

richter911 Member

here is the link

9. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Gotta love this pic :D

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

hope chuck h is ok. Funny now the fear will be, "oh my gosh we can't win without chuck hayes." anyway, props for ole slow poke Juwan for being a company guy , sitting when he has too, and knowing what the heck to do for body position, passsing the ball through, and especially screens...when he's in. that is very invaluable and why roxs can't be bothered right now with vspan and novak playing time dramas. this rotation is working..I don't see any need for coach to change a thing right now. It would be nice to have bonzi get back on the bus though. we will need him eventually.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If Chuckie can't go against San Antonio, which it looks fairly obvious he won't be able to, it sure is tempting to think about throwing Bonzi out there with 111 Rafer and Battier. See if he can recreate a little of the magic.

12. user

user Member

Stuff It!

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hopefully chuck hayes is alright. the difference between him and howard on defense is ridiculous. we ended up busting the game open when he was out but it was more a result of yao, of course, and the outside shots starting to fall.

when tracy had his jumper blocked in the second quarter i almost cried. never seen it. BUT, as much of a negative as he was in the first half, he was integral in going up by 20. his court vision is as good as anyone in the leagues and he picked apart the heat defense with beautiful passes to luther and yao.

i haven't read any of this thread but i know there have to be several tracy bashing posts. i think he's still adjusting to what the rockets need from him but he has all the ability and intelligence to give us everything we need.

14. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I'm watching the game again, but this time from the ESPN broadcast, and it is just embarassing how biased Greg Anthony is against Yao. Every freakin comment he made about the guy was negative. You would have swore he was 0-13 with no points and no rebounds. Considering the guy dominated the game, this is just an embarassment.

15. max14

max14 Member

Maybe because I'm high, but I'll take the bait and ask: Who ?

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

17. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Suprising no one gave our coaches credit...

but it is good not to hear something like "fire JVG" :D

18. jVgOwnsYou

:eek:

19. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

gathering of crows

20. jVgOwnsYou

For the record, I hate Juwan Howard. So, you're wrong again.