1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lenovo stats yield interesting results for our Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCityReturns, Nov 9, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/statistics/lenovo/lenovo_sort.jsp?pcomb=5&season=22006&split=9&team=

That link will take you to a page that looks at the Lenovo +/- efficiency stat for 5 player combinations. The Rockets currently hold the #1 most efficient 5 man combination...

Rafer Alston
    Tracy McGrady
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes
    Yao Ming

Use the drop down menu on the far left to change to 4 man, 3 man, 2 man combos and then down to a single player.

I think you will find that our Rockets are pretty dominating when it comes to this stat, and I think you'll be especially intrigued when you get to the single player +/- rankings...

:D

And let me add, before people bash me or this post, that I do not think this statistic (or any statistic for that matter) means a whole hell of a lot. It's just one of many indicators of how our players are performing, and it's nice to see them toward the top.

#1 ClutchCityReturns, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  2. kikimama

kikimama Member

Cool, what is leveno?

3. baboon

baboon Member

Who can tell me what does this exactly mean?

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

PC or notebook manufacturer. Chinese owned company.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Per NBA.com

Thought it was pretty self-explanatory from my first post, but there you have it. If you mean what is Lenovo itself, as someone said it's a PC manufacturer.

6. JWhaley

JWhaley Contributing Member

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is some sort of plus/minus stat, but I don't know how they're calculating it.

#7 durvasa, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  8. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

who'd a thunk it.

9. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Chinese PC manufacture of the original IBM Thinkpad, bought IBM's PC division and the right of the brand "Thinkpad".

10. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Wow, we dominated from 1 player to 5 palyers. get the top 2 position in 2 players, top 3 position in 3 players. Why ain't we 5-0? :confused:

11. mbiker

mbiker Member

It would be interesting to see how they calculate the statistics. Currently, they have Chuck Hayes as the top individual player in the NBA.

12. qrui

qrui Member

interesting. thanks for sharing ClutchCityReturns.

so basically, in any of the 2 or more men combinations the rockets dominating all others. when look at the single player's +/-, surprise surprise, who'd have thought, hayes is #1! and on top of that, rafer #6, battier #12, yao #twenty something and tmac is not even on the 1st page (#1-25)! wow! so can one clude that the reason for the rockets dominating is not because (mainly) of tmac, or yao. it's hayes! ;)

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hayes and Alston are our 2 most efficent players and the best 2 player combo in the league. Yao and TMac who?

14. JWhaley

JWhaley Contributing Member

I told you, it means our subs suck

15. rox2007

rox2007 Member

+ points scored vs. - opponent points allowed when play together

1. Hayes is lucky charm of rockets
    2. best pair Hayes with yao.
    3. our start lineup is set with Yao, Hayes, Battier, TMac, Alston.
    if they play 48min and score 114, the opponent will scoer only 81, its blowout everynight!!! :eek:

16. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Take all stats in context. I believe +/- stats are more of a measure of how a player differs from their sub vs. how they compare to the opposing team. That's why there are stats folks looking into adjusted +/- stats to account for other things.

17. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

If you click on just Houston Rockets it gives you the 50 different combos we have used. None of our combos have been that bad so far, and Vspan is + in the one I found him in. The Novak combos are only a few pts neg but this may be because of the strong positive Mavs game.

Fresh legs Jeff, fresh legs. :D

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks. I guess I missed the obvious definition. I thought they were somehow accounting for what the team did without the player(s) on the floor as well.

So it's just a straightforward +/-. I wonder why they're making a big deal about it by calling it a "Lenovo" stat.

I notice that the numbers from popcornmachine.net are slightly different from what's shown here. Not by much, though.

19. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Only stats that count are W's

I digress

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

nice! the rocket lineup has the most VGMS! yall should play fantasy