1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket's Physical Therapist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ccjj, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

You want her to be the therapist or dancer? :D

[​IMG]

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/RPD_rookie_Sam_visits_with_Roc-193650-34.html

Inside the Dancers Studio
    Rockets Power Dancer Sam, a rookie on the squad, visits with Rockets.com

Samantha ("Sam")
    Hometown: Anacoco, La.
    Alma Mater: LSU (Geaux Tigers!)
    Degree: Bachelor's in Kinesiology and Master's in Physical Therapy
    Seasons as RPD: First

Rockets.com: Why did you become a Rockets Power Dancer?
    Sam: I love the thrill of performing. I think everyone knows that RPD has an awesome reputation of technical and fun choreography that crowds can't help but move to. I wanted to be a part of that contagious energy.

Rockets.com: What's the hard part about being a rookie on the team?
    Sam: The schedule! It is fast-paced and full of practices, new choreography, and appearances. But it is awesome! Being busy is not a bad thing. I'm just doing my best and trying to take it all in so I don't miss a thing.

Rockets.com: What has been your favorite moment, so far, as a Rockets Power Dancer?
    Sam: Going on to the court for the first time! It was such a rush of excitement, nervousness and enthusiasm. I felt like I was going to explode. Since I did not keep up with dancing while I was in graduate school, I had forgotten how good it felt to perform. I also felt blessed to perform as a member of the RPD team.

Rockets.com: What is one misconception about being a Rockets Power Dancer?
    Sam: Most people think that Rockets Power Dancers don't have jobs outside of dancing. That is not true at all. The RPD team is composed of intelligent girls at all stages in life ranging from college students to women with full-time careers. I think it is important to know that we don’t just dance, but also contribute to our communities by either furthering our education or being dedicated to our careers.

Rockets.com: Besides being a RPD, what do you do for a living?
    Sam: I am a physical therapist and I specialize in neurological rehabilitation. Sounds fancy, huh? That includes individuals with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes or degenerative disorders. Most people think it would make me downhearted to work in a place like this, but it is quite the contrary. I am so motivated by all my clients who keep on pursuing his or her goals despite the odds. I am impressed everyday by someone's determination to improve no matter what the obstacle may be and I consider myself lucky to be a part of that process.

Rockets.com: Are people surprised at the office that you're a RPD?
    Sam: Definitely! I am soft spoken and easily turn three shades of red when I have to talk at meetings or when I get embarrassed. So it is really hard for co-workers and clients to see me as a Rockets Power Dancer.

Rockets.com: What is your typical day like during the season?
    Sam: On days I have practice or a game, I go to work with a bag packed for practice and as soon as I finish up with paper work, I head to Toyota Center. If I don't have a game or practice, I usually head to the gym after work to help me keep up the endurance needed to last through those high-energy dances.

Rockets.com: What are you looking forward to seeing this season?
    Sam: Everything! The Rockets look great this year and I am lucky to be included with such an awesome organization. I have really enjoyed meeting the fans and seeing the enthusiasm for the team. I look forward to all the endeavors that lie ahead this season and take pleasure in being a part of such a good group of people.

Rockets.com: What do you do in your free time, if you have any?
    Sam: I love to do anything outdoors. Lately, I have been limited to road biking. But I also enjoy indoor rock climbing, scuba diving and hiking/camping.

Rockets.com: Do you have a favorite activity?
    Sam: I love to spend time with family and friends, especially my nieces and nephew. Being an aunt has been such a joy for me. They always remind me to take pleasure in the little things in life and laugh a lot more.

Rockets.com: What is your favorite sports team?
    Sam: The Rockets, of course! But I also love to get together with old college friends and watch any and all sports affiliated with LSU Tigers. It is always a good time.

Rockets.com: Who is your favorite Rockets player?
    Sam: While they are all my favorites, I would have to say that Dikembe Mutumbo stands out the most. He has my respect not only for his skills on the court, but also in the community. He helped build a hospital in the Democratic Republic of Congo and named it after his mother. How awesome is that?! He is a great role model for fans of all ages.

Rockets.com: Do you have an interesting fact about yourself that few people know?
    Sam: Most people are usually surprised to find out that I'm dyslexic. But thanks to spell check and handy calculators, most people would never guess. Just be careful if you have to read my handwriting.

Rockets.com: Where do you want to travel and why?
    Sam: One day, I would like to go backpacking across Ireland and see the cliffs of Moher. I have had friends that have done it and the pictures were breathtaking. I can’t wait to see it in real life.

Rockets.com: What do you expect to be doing 10 years from now?
    Sam: I plan on being just as happy as I am now. I don’t want to get too wrapped up in the details of where I will be because you never know where life will take you. If you would have told me when I was 16 years old that I would live in Houston, be a physical therapist and a Rockets Power Dancer, I would have thought you were crazy. I just take one day at a time and trust the Big Guy upstairs to help me out along the way.

2. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

If that happens, players will race to injury list. :D

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

She needs 200cc of ass, STAT!!!

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

If she's "prepping" the team before gametime as well, no wonder we always get off to those sluggish starts... :D

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so that's why bonzi's in the IL

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

i say 1000cc she is lacking the A$$

7. Astroholic

Astroholic Member

I'm down with an injury. How do I get a hold of her?

8. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

OWWWWW MY BACK HURTS *whistles* doo doo doo

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

so Sam is a physical therapist ...

10. FFz

FFz Member

Who wants to sex mutomob?

11. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

She can gtt it like its Hot for a brotha! Thats one for my fellow Pharmacists ;)

12. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

i dont think she can be the rockets' physical therapist since she specializes on rehabbing people with "traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes or degenerative disorders. "

Of course if we keep on losing games JVG might become a future patient. :p

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As a medical student, I found that absolutely hilarious. :D

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Groin injury, please. Hot and smart, just my type! Actually my girlfriend has her beat in both categories, but she's worth a look.

15. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

When I hurt my ankle a few years ago I had to to physical therapy and my therapist was a Rockets power dancer. It was great. I would go for about 2 hours and my treatment consisted of her massaging my ankle and foot in warm water and then some balancing and stretching drills during which I was "allowed" to lean on her for support.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

how many RPD's are moonlighting as Physical Therapists down in H-Town?

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

BUTTA FACE!!

everything butta face

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

...and her butt.

BUTTA BUTT FACE!!

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get a job, personality, and a clue. You'd be set. Otherwise... forget it. :)

20. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Swift left too early......