1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Being a Control Freak, JVG Leads Rockets to Nowhere

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JWhaley, Nov 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. slickrick

slickrick Member

LOL damn i miss these threads since we are at it
    FIRE Mario he jinxed us
    Package Tmac and Yao for a trade because they are worthless
    Send Vspan to the d league he caused all of the turnovers tonight

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

adleman is available this summer. that's all i'm saying.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I can b**** a lot easier about all the missed free throws and the rockets getting thrown off by the tight game called by the refs early. If you want to blame the coach for not getting his players to adjust to the fouls the refs were calling then that's fine but you aren't.

the rox scored 97 while missing a ton of FTs and you want to complain about the coach's offense.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

These threads are predictable. I'll bet you that if we have a three game winning streak, there's bound to be a thread labled 'JVG IS A GENIUS!" :p

5. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I think its moreso the same offense. No cutting, no ball movement. Sometimes you have to change things up when its not working. This team shouldnt be just a jumpshooting team with a C that goes 1 on 1

6. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I agree. JVG can't teach offense.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was upset that Jazz's offense was much smoothier than ours tonight. We had too much one on one iso and low percentage shots with everyone else standing watching. Dont know JVG called for it. We have to change the way of playing offense.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I heart JVG.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah,the coach has to have these guys ready to play.

The rotations seemed like a mad scientist's experiments.

Going with Rafer as long as he did when he was stinkin it up bad...and then when Alston finally hits a couple of shots giving him carte blanche down the stretch of the game.

KB definitely should have seen the hardwood in this game.

Watching Motumbo attempt to guard Boozer was painful.

I know our team will change over the course of the season.Chemistry will develop and guys will know their roles.Bonzi and possibly a fresh PF will be in the mix.Life should be good.....but if we don't get there while being healthy,then...JVG should face the guillotine.

OMT.. Tracy was just awful. I don't know if there was a dictum saying,"Thou shall not drive the lane" or whether he just can't do it anymore,but TMac needs to get his $hit squared away....I don't know how much the new ball played into tonight,but TMac looked like a jack at the local YMCA.

10. thesaint

thesaint Member

Wuts up with Derek Fisher n the Rox. Hes average most of the time against other teams, but whenever he plays the Rox, he just kill us and plays like a superstar.

I have noticed 1 glitch in JVGs defense since he has coached, Rox cant guard PGs n SGs. They just kill us with quickness and pick n roll. PGs like Nash, Chris Paul, Fisher, Jason Terry, Mike James, Tinsley n Francis that can score just abuses our defense.

11. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

The offense worked fine, they were getting good shots. There were also more ventures into the paint after the early shooting woe, particularly by Alston and Snyder. They need to gell on D more than doing anything on offense.

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

Sorry, 97 is not the same as 100. Mr. Van Gundy's offensive coaching prowess after one game has them no better than middle of the pack offensively.

Knicks 118
    Grizzlies 117
    Lakers 114 [77+ thru 3 quarters]
    Magic 109
    Jazz 107
    Pacers 106
    Suns 106 [75+ thru 3 quarters]
    Bucks 105
    Spersonics 104+
    Nets 102
    Bulls (108, 94)
    Trailblazers 104+
    Bobcats 99

Cavaliers 97
    Pistons 97

13. job

job Contributing Member

JVG has to rethink the power forward position. Watching this game shows me that Battier can't outrebound or defend larger power forwards.

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

You will be held to that!

0-1. 14 games left this month. 8-6 will be tough.

DAL
    @NOK
    @MEM
    @MIL (back-to-back)
    NYK
    @MIA
    SAS
    CHI
    @DET
    @NYK
    WAS
    MEM
    MIN
    @PHX (back-to-back)

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. You do realize that the Grizzlies and Knicks took an extra 15 minutes (triple overtime) to score those points.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

ROFL. That didn't take long.

So how many losses till the first "fire gumby" thread? Over-under is at 3.

17. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

While I do agree the defense just stunk it up tonight, all im saying is make those changes. It doesnt take much or long to see if its not working.

Would've loved to see what would've happened had JVG used VS on Fisher instead of allowing Rafer to get burned like he did.

I dont know if you saw when they put the screen up, but Utah was killing Houston in points in the paint.

With Yao on this team, that should've never happened.

18. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

There's only one thing i can't stand about JVG... he keeps playing the players who make mistakes consistently, and keeps pulling younger, newer players who make mistakes quickly....... WHY?? stop ruining the confidence of our younger players and giving playing time to the older players who are less skilled... it hurts.... oh it hurts so bad!!

19. SunsRocketsfan

just look at how phil jackson cna win two games with those scrubs..and jvg cant win one with our stars
    pj >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.jvg

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Excuse me for saying so, but I think your test sample size is a bit small to make that an objective statement.

OMG!! JVG can't win a SINGLE game!!! He has a 0.00% winning percentage this season!! He must be the worst coach EVER!!!