1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass in Austin, TX not showing Rockets' games, WTF?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AzCkR, Nov 1, 2006.

1. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

hey guys,
    i live in austin, tx (go to school at UT). i just called time warner cable to order NBA LP. i was about to finish the order then the lady i was speaking with told me i won't get a single rockets, spurs, or mavs game. WTF? she said something about the nba owns all the games and here in austin, the nba isn't allowing TWC to show games for those 3 teams. i only want NBA LP so i can watch rockets' games.

is the lady right or does she not know wtf she is talking about? i know there are other austin people on this forum so someone shed some light on this situation!

thanks in advance.

2. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

That's not the case at all. I live in Round Rock and I'll get all the Rocket games, except sometimes when they're playing the Spurs. She was reading off a script I'm sure that says they have to tell you some games/areas are blacked out. No worries, you'll see the games.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats bs. u need to call again and talk to another person who knows what they are talking about.

its call dumb people.

i was in vegas and one lady at the players club told me that i wasnt registered to my hotel room, then i show her my room key 'so i just made this key up myself right?'

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

they told me no spurs games, which i assume are shown on a local channel.

5. THEDREAMSHAKE34

Are the rockets ever on basic time warner cable FSN in austin? if not , is there a radio station around here that covers their games?

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

not unless they are playing the spurs

7. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Hey Azckr, do this:

If you know somebody from Houston that has direct TV, which is including FSW & local channel 51. Ask him to order another receiver for another room, bring that receiver with you to Austin, find you a sat dish, hook it up. There you go, you can watch all the Rockets games. All you have to do is share the bill with your buddy in Houston. Is that making any sense?

8. tested911

tested911 Member

Thats just funny as Hell... Rockets/Dallas/ and Spurs not showing in Austin TEXAS!!! lol.... seems like she just wants to quit her job..

9. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

trying to watch rockets games in austin is tough. i live in the area too for school. in austin you get no rockets or mavs (who cares anyways?) games on FSN. you sometimes get spurs games but not all on FSN, WB (i think) and one other channel. it's funny too b/c FSN always has astros and rangers games. no idea what the deal is.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The Rockets are shown on league Pass in Austin. Austin is exclusively Spurs territory. Outside of League Pass, the only other games you'll see are national tv (ESPN, TNT, NBAtv) and the occasional game against the Spurs on FSSW.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

NO WORRIES

Listen man, Tonight is a free showing on NBA LEAGUE PASS, Meaning you can watch all the games on NBA League Pass tonight that you could watch if you paid for it... for free. If you live in the spurs area and the Spurs are on league pass it will be blacked out tonight. I live in Houston and if I tried to watch the Houston vs Utah game tonight it will be blacked out for me, I can only watch it on a national channel and since it's not nationaly broadcast I can watch it on FSN.

This is all you got to do, Since NBA League pass is free tonight when the Rockets come on see if it works.

If you can Watch the Rockets tonight on NBA League pass without it being blacked out then you will obvisoley be able to get the Rockets on NBA League pass after you suscribe.

so don't suscribe yet, see if it broadcasts the Rockets tonight. If they do then suscribe tommorrow and tell that lady she is an idiot.

Hope I helped :cool:

12. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

It's because Austin is in the San Antonio market. If there was a baseball team or an NFL team in San Antonio, then we wouldn't get the Astros, Rangers, Texans, and Cowboys games. Thats why I always root against San Antonio getting a pro team.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It IS being shown here in Austin, and it IS on channel 919 tonight...

Look it up !!!

DD

14. PeePz590

PeePz590 Contributing Member

Yea that lady is WRONG. I live in Austin and I have talked to many Time Warner Reps about Rockets games here. They all told me that I should get all of the games except playoffs and Rockets v Spurs. Does anyone know how the League Pass in HD works? Is it random games?

15. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Any other Clutchfans Time Warner Cable Houston area folks having trouble verifying (or accessing) the broadband program from the list of games available for tonight???

I have my confirmed TWC 16-digit account # and it says account not active (FYI ->my NBA League Pass on the TV has been working since last week).

16. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

Yes, from what I read, the games broadcast in HD are random. I'm curious how many will be broadcast. I love getting all the games but man is the picture quality horrible!

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Time Warner does not know the restrictions. Call the League Pass office and discuss it with them directly.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

It won't surprise me if the game tonight against Utah is not shown in the 1st quarter or so. I think there are 9 games that start before the rocket vs. utah game and one of those games is on ESPN. Time Warner usually has only 8 channels for the NBA league pass, so one of the games that is showing at 6:00pm will have to end so that the rockets who are playing at 8:00 can take the slot. The rockets will be the 9th game tonight whick starts at 8:00 not including the ESPN game. This happened last year a few times and it sucked. Hopefully that is not the case tonight.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

HELLO !!!!

A few posts up......Rockets are on channel 919....League pass is from 911-919 or 21......

My DVR is set and my Hava is ready to SLingbox the game to the uK...

WOOHOO !!

DD

#19 DaDakota, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  20. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Has anyone ever used NBA League Pass broadband? If so, how is the quality? I have a subscription for my Directv account in Houston, but I am out of town this week.