1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 10/18/2006 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 18, 2006.

1. user

user Member

[​IMG]

2. BigM

BigM Member

ha ha yeah i saw that. one of them is texanskan who posts here, definitely not a BOF, but is greek. gonna have to tell him he was on tv.

3. HeadsUp7Up

HeadsUp7Up Member

Yao said he hates the new ball. I guess everyone hates that cheap crap ball.

4. liu1107

liu1107 Member

hahaha.. amazing

5. cmellon

cmellon Member

Anyone knows if Rockets2K is taping this one?

6. Ducky

Ducky Member

7. Ducky

Ducky Member

a pic from SOHU.
    [​IMG]

comment:

left-middle: dude, it's just pre-, don't be so serious...
    top: Just practise...
    bottom: Yao is hunting - Bucks

8. Ducky

Ducky Member

another pic from SINA:

[​IMG]

comments:

green: buddy, I'm a buck!
    yellow: it worked yesterday-- why isn't it working now?

9. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

To be honest, I never find SOHU cartoons funny at all.

10. Ducky

Ducky Member

New season, let's GO!

[​IMG]

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

8-21 may be not all that much chop. But you have to be elated that he was looking for his shot with McGrady out of the team (and that the guys were feeding him) as aggresively as he was.

the shooting percentages will come along. And what better way to shake the rust than shoot it off.

12. nappdog

nappdog Member

Great cartoons, Ducky. :)

13. ikfit

ikfit Member

LOL

LOL

LOL

14. Panda

Panda Member

LOL. Great work, user.

15. slickrick

slickrick Member

Kirk Snyder seem like he is gonna be solid but sometimes he get down low and act like he's playing 1 0n 5 and try to finish by himself other than that he was a good steal and we should really thank Dallas and NewYork for Vspan and Novak

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I know from history that preseason doesn't mean much *cough cough -Cato 12 blocks- cough cough* but MAN, seeing the awesome contributions from the new guys..wow. Just wow. :eek:

I am so optimistic right now. The sky is the limit, fellas. :D

17. Fuse

Fuse Member

Battier was also rested for the game. So I think that should be the case. Vspan is learning quicker than I thought he would.

18. richirich

richirich Member

Luther seems to be playing much more consistently and "inside himself" - not trying to be someone he is not - esp. when playing the 2. However he is still working on being a consistent PG - he is better esp. at handling the ball and protecting it - but he does have some work to do to become a better playmaker. I was not sure on that play who messed up - the other guys getting flatfooted - it did not seem like Head had anyone to pass to - or if it was Head.

But then the whole team seems to play really well two or three plays in a row and then they go boneheaded. Think it was Rafer who ran right into that trap just over the half court line one time and had the ball picked and we all just looked at each other and said - what was he thinking - what the #$@$%# was that???

Hopefully travel calls will continue to decrease, stupid And1 type challenge dribble tournaments (Rafer and even Lucas a little) go away, and guys will learn to look for Span's bounce passes and even the lob to Juwan (what? no-one ever lobs the ball to me at the hoop!!!).

Luther does seem much more confident - his defense was tenacious. Again, he ends up making Rafer look like our worst defensive guard.

One more comment - Gundy seems enamored with help defense. But our help defense so far and last year seems to accomplish nothing on the help end, and only opens us up to a quick 3 and possibly a defender flying at the shooter who then falls into the defender and gets a foul call. I personally would like to see us stick on the outside man and deny the 3. We just do not seem to be as good at having the helper strip the ball as other teams. Comments?

19. macalu

macalu Member

hey Andymoon,

I saw you last night on TV in the rowdies section. you were sitting right next to the guy with all the basketball armor. looks like we'll be seeing alot of you if they pan the section every game.

20. pgreen592

pgreen592 Member

JVG is going to have to know when to say when....

Yao was missing too many shots and we were not in place for rebounds. I said it before and I say it again. That is going to be a problem against the best in the West.

After 3 misses in a row, we need to get everyone else involved. If I was coaching against him, I would single cover him and let him miss all day long. Guard the perimeter and take my chances.

Once he is in a funk, WE ARE IN TROUBLE. It has been the same way for the the last three years. Steve Francis and Cutino was not having that.

Just a thought.