1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Nice, got it minutes after it was posted. Good overview, lookin forward to tomorrow.

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch and Jeff. This stuff is pure gold.

3. Omer

Omer Member

Only thing that concerns me a bit is McGrady's quote in there.

"I feel great out there. I feel light, I feel quicker. The only thing I'm trying to catch up to is my rhythym, my timing. Everything is off -- I almost forgot how to play ball."

Damn, he better regain that touch soon! Hopefully he isn't too serious about what he said.

4. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Man, Clutch...great recap of the day. This is very encouraging news, and exciting to read that so many of the players are truly excited about the season!

And Battier...I like more and more with every interview!! :D

5. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. I experience the same thing when I haven't played in a while. Just takes a couple days back on the court to get back to form. Then again, I guess it doesn't take much to get back to my 3-for-10 shooting self. :p

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

great article by clutch as always. i cant wait to read on the coming days. reading about yao's foot made me cringe abit but i guess if all the doctors and he say its good then its good. its probably always going to look weird due to the bad toe but as long as the pain isnt there good.

clutch, i wonder if you got any quotes from JL3,Vspan,Novak,Casey and especially Deke. It would be interesting to hear their take since at least with the first four they are young and playing for time and of course Deke is Deke he is always great to hear from

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thanks clutch, i enjoy reading this much more then i do an avearage espn, cnnsi, or chronicle article.

i wonder why that is...

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Woah...if Novak turns out to be that good, that would be so awesome. We'd be SO tough to beat!

9. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I couldn't agree more! I've been trying to guess at who will be that one player who suprises, I think it will be Novak. I'm also guessing JL III will impress folks with how far he's come.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No you don't. I drove up this morning on business and the traffic here is heartbreaking! Worse than Houston! Fortunately, I was out after about 5 hours on to San Antonio for a day.

Good to hear Snyder is in shape at the beginning of camp. Good to hear Tracy praise Novak. I'm concerned about Yao's toe.

Clutch, thanks for the hard work.

11. kikimama

kikimama Member

Great reporting from a great fan. GW, yo.

12. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Thanks again for all the hard and great work you put into the site, Clutch, Jeff and the rest of the crew.

Great down-home news in the article - pretty fun to read. Much better than the typical reporter stories. Good questions with natural answers make good stories for all us clutchfans.

13. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

well mcgrady being off right now doesn't sound promising... and wells not practicing doesn't sound promising... and yao's foot doesn't seem to look promising (even though he's 100% apparently)... so yeah I hope all is still well.. and I love how VSPAN is being called billy :D

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow, great read, Nice job, Clutch. Keep it up.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Was there a song by Blake Shelton "Autsin"

Goes like
    This is no machine you are talking to, P.S. I wish I was in Austin.

16. NZ_ROCKET

NZ_ROCKET Member

Wow the Novak comments from Mac sound encouraging. Excellent read!!
    As another poster said, far better then reading your average ESPN article.
    Keep up the great work!!

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

im sure yao's not a little b**** and go home and cry about it.....yao will prove him wrong

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Great read as always, Clutch. Really appreciate your hard work!

I'm so glad the Rockets have finally decided to embrace Clutch, his kick-ass website and all of us loser posters. We're such an asset to them. After what happened last year with training camp, it's good to know they finally understand that.

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Thanks so much for the recap Clutch and the pictures Jeff. I'm so pumped.
    I am a little concerned about Yao's toe but him being stronger in the post gives me lots of hope.

20. nyc2k2

nyc2k2 Member

Thank you! Nice job.