1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My friend just saw Van Gundy tonight and talked about Bonzi....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jjc7329, Sep 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. compucomp

compucomp Member

You have a LOT of guts to be still talking. You're even defending yourself. Why don't you just fess up and admit you were making up bullsh*t?

We don't want any more of your "inside information," because it didn't from inside the Rockets organization, it originated inside your ass.

2. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Ok guys, we have bonzi and thats all that matters.

3. Manila

Manila Member

well, it turns out that jjc truly had an inside info. bonzi does have minor health issue which is his groin. keith did checked him out according to recent news.

don't shoot the messenger... ;)

4. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

man some of you guys are anal about people posting information. Even if he did just make the rumor up you don't have to make a big deal about it. If you believe its false information just ignore it. He never said it was true, all he said was that his friend told him this information and he wanted to share it with us. So please just quit this drama for the sake of all of us.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

compucomp,dude,YOU are the one who has serious issues.Guys like jjc and the info they pass are the ones that make our bbs so special.You,on the other hand come across as a very unhappy person who isn't happy unless he's dropping his spoor inside our house.Just go away.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean it.I've read countless posts by you demeaning others while attempting to make yourself look like some self righteous internet policeman.
    It seems almost all of your posts try to bring down the board.Take a look in the mirror and go get some help.

7. compucomp

compucomp Member

You like false information and spurious rumors, huh? Here's one. A friend told me that Usama Bin Laden is George W. Bush's gay lover, and he'll magically show up at Guantanamo Bay a week before the election to throw it in favor of the Republicans.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Hey, maybe the "falling apart" quote from JVG had something to do with Wells' groin injury (IOW, hurting his chance to pass a physical)?

And how do you know he was making it up, Nostradamus?

OK, big deal on all of that, but "originated inside...'? What kind of foul-mouthed idiot are you, anyway? I don't know you don't have a lot of time to think up more creative posts than this in between your PlayStation breaks, but please, how about you "originate" something more "original"? Geez

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You are r****ded! :eek:

10. FriendofEarth

FriendofEarth Contributing Member

Touché, genius. Thanks for making my point.

11. FriendofEarth

FriendofEarth Contributing Member

Well said.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't see how what he said was incorrect. There were complications and that is why Keith Jones went to see him. This has been confirmed in press articles talking about Bonzi's groin. Bashing for relaying legit info is stupid. This is not like someone claiming that Francis wouldn't resign because of drafting Yao.

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

all i know is that i posted something once and i got ripped for making it up. which i didn't! some of you guys make it your personal responsibility to "catch" these posters in their "lies."

if you want people to post stuff that they hear or find, then you shouldn't just attack the credibility of the story cause you don't like it or think it's true. fact is: jvg may very well have said that.

just make a smart ass comment and let it go. yeah this was a dumb post, but whatever.

it's cool to be a hardcore clutchfan! but for heaven's sake, let it go!

14. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

A lot of people on this board just can't wait to jump on someone. After an entire season of giving legit Rockets inside info I got flamed when the Bush thing fell apart. I heard and was told we were picking Reggie Bush. That's why i posted it. Since then I've heard various reasons as to why we didn't select Reggie.

Point being, despite giving good accurate information for a solid period of time something went wrong on one report and i just got bashed by a variety of posters. Never once did they take into consideration that things change or that I had been correct about everything up until this point. i don't know if the guy was lying of not but I don't see why he would. He said he heard it from a friend. Bonzi is hurt (same groin injury as Hayes). It's definitely possible that they were finding out more about the injury or something to that effect.

By trashing people like this they won't post what they hear anymore. I know for the most part i don'tbecause of the Bush situation. Many may not care and that's fine but soon you'll find that people will either stop posting what they hear or insiders will find it pointless to post info because they are just going to be attacked if they're wrong.

I know a couple of posters on this board who have tons of inside info and don't share it because of this. Take it for what ti's worth but it certainly doesn't help the board.

15. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I'm sure you a right about this. It's sad, as in the population in general, there are a bunch of arseholes on this board who basically ruin it for everyone.

16. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

<b><a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4234590.html">ROCKETS SUMMARY</a></b>
    Oct. 3, 2006, 11:46PM
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN

<i>Wells, Hayes ailing</i>

As much as the Rockets' roster is different, some things have not changed. The newest player, Bonzi Wells, has continued the team's recent run of injury issues.

Unlike last season, when guards Bob Sura and Dion Glover were lost for the season by the end of camp's first day, the Rockets called the decisions to hold Wells and forward Chuck Hayes out of practice as temporary precautions.

Wells has some lingering pain from last season's torn groin muscle and an unrelated lymph node infection that is being treated with antibiotics. Neither is considered a serious condition.

"I tore my groin last year," Wells said. "They're just being cautious to make sure I don't tear it. I want to play a whole season. They're just being cautious, making sure it's totally strong before I get out on the court.

"I could practice today. They're real cautious right now. The injury bug has been real tough for this team the past couple years, so they're just going to make sure it's 100 percent before I get back on the court. It's feeling better."

Hayes pulled a groin muscle during summer workouts but could return to the court soon.

"Chuck is doing fine," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said. "He's doing everything but live contact. It will probably be a few more days."

------------------------------------------------------------

This fits exactly what the poster was saying ... he said JVG was sending Keith Jones to meet Bonzi, and there was a possible problem with the signing. The Chronicle is supporting what this poster said. I'm not validating what the poster said, just saying that the poster is supported by what the press is saying.

The rest of the jerks who come on this BBS and castigate posters who give us some sort of inside information, I wish Clutch would kick off. Seriously. This used to be one of the best reasons to visit this site, because of posters who let us know something that the press or front office didn't tell us. Popeye and DocRocket gave us great stuff, and when the guy heard about the Francis trade overhearing a cell phone conversation at the mall, it was so cool to be ahead of the press. Its been great to have Asian posters give us info outside our press about Yao. Those are all classic moments here at ClutchFans. It's one thing to question what is said in a post, and to follow up to see how things go, determining the credibility of the source. But, when people attack a poster, and classlessly call them names like a few here on this thread, without having any proof one way or the other, it pollutes what has made this BBS one of the best in sports, not only by classless posts, but by making it not worth it, for those with insider info to post without being visciously attacked. We seldom get insider information anymore, and I miss it, and I believe it's partly because of these attackers, that it has dissappeared. Those who have attacked without valid opposing data should apologize, if they wish to be considered worthwhile members of this community.

#196 Sherlock, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Great post, Sherlock. I fully agree. See my Signature.

18. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

This is exactly right. Myself an two other posters I know of have had all the inside information on the Rockets since they began working out. I knew Mario Williams car was stolen and stripped before anyone reported it. People just need to chill out and realize they are ruining it for themsleves. It's like people don't realize that things fall apart, situations change, ect... and it's the posters fault? If people want to be skeptical then keep it to yourself. I haven't posted anything(insider) since the Reggie Bush situation occurred and may never again. I know another poster who won't either because of other things. I really like reading Clutchfans but I take my info to another site and pm it to Rockets fans because of certain people here. It's sad that Clutch woked so hard to put together a great site that is slowly losing a lot of insiders. That's not an opinion either it's a fact

19. jjc7329

jjc7329 Contributing Member

It is people like this guy, who bring ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this board, that collectively bring down the reputation of this BBS. Here are examples of the last 3 posts made by this jerk (not mentioning the ones he posted here).

Now everyone here must be thinking, as I did, oh, well, he's in elementary or middle school. His mind isn't fully developed enough to know what he's saying. But then you read one of his first posts:

And you got to think to your self, is this for real. Is this guy really in his mid 20's. It can't be possible.

#199 jjc7329, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  20. booshan

booshan Contributing Member

Nooo don't fall into the trap jjc7329 - let it roll off your back!! And don't stop posting - threads like yours are the reason I visit this site!!!