1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My friend just saw Van Gundy tonight and talked about Bonzi....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jjc7329, Sep 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Wow sounds like a nice big plot hole. But to play devil's advocate, I see that T-mac got married in Mexico (possibly a smaller intimate gathering), so it's possible that they just had his Houston area get together for the occasion.

Either way, like I said, I'll feel much better when the signing finally becomes official.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Me too. Almost too good to be true signing Bonzi for 2.1M, anybody remember a better value signing for a club.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

a friend just sent me a txt sayin that bonzi is at the texans game

lets go!!! the contract will be signed tomorrow!

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

awesome! thanks for news bro. I was seriously getting concerned there for a sec.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Did your friend say who he was with, if it was with CD, Les or JVG, its a lock.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i can assure you that he wasn't at the texans home game with jordan, bickerstaf, and morrison. :)

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

naw...he just said they showed him on the big screen before the game...

8. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

i think wells has a family wedding tonight in indiana...so he wasnt at the texans game.

9. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

10. noize

noize Contributing Member

Its official now. Time to lock it up. Nice try, JJC. :p

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what...this wasnt true. We were al dupped!?!?! :eek:

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thank God JVG was able to save the deal over the phone at the last second!

13. FriendofEarth

FriendofEarth Contributing Member

jjc7329, the originator of this thread, is a huge douche-bag.

thanks for spawning 9 pages of mindless banter.

your complete confusion between fantasy and reality is astounding.
    let me explain it for you:
    - fantasy: "i bumped into JVG at the mall and he told me that he's banking on pigs flying"
    - reality: "i have never discussed anything, let alone player decisions, with JVG; nor has anyone I know."

inventing information, just to start a thread and feel big, is what douche-bags are known for (along with moistening naughty places).

jjc7329, please go away. failing that, please rename yourself to "douchey McTrick", "Mark-ass trick", or "Trick-ass mark".

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Eh, more likely he just got excited and let his imagination run wild. Like SO MANY people in this thread. JVG may very well have said those exact words, but what he meant will never be clear.

This isn't the first time a rumor has been floated on this board only to be taken far too seriously. Basically, we're ALL mark-ass tricks (but not trick-ass marks).

15. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I don't see anything that this thread says that is inconsistent with the media reports. The thread starter did NOT say that Wells would not sign, only that there were complications, and they sent Keith to check on whatever issues. The comments reported could have been anything from surprise that there were delays, to behind the scenes negotiating, to JVG's deadpan humor to JVG's cynic humor. The fact is, Bonzi DIDN'T actually sign until Monday. Maybe that all that the phone call was about, was surprise that the signing was delayed until Monday, and wanting to be sure the delay was legitimate.

Of course, something like this would never be reported in the media. When everything is signed, everyone is peachy keen with big smiles. That's what PR is all about.

So, cool your jets, those who condemn. One of the things that makes this BBS so special, is people who tell us exactly this type stuff, so we get a peek behind the scenes. Do not discourage others who might have this type information to post, by your careless accusations and name calling, which are not based on fact, but hot air and a total lack of class.

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I agree,,,the guy only shared the information cause he heard it...he wasn't trying to mess with everybody......eventhough I still doube JVG would tell anyone in public that the trade is going in the crapper

17. FriendofEarth

Very well said, HippieL -- however, my point was that equating imagination with reality is a sign of either:
    1. schizophrenia (or other psychological/medical pathology)
    2. drug abuse (PCP, LSD, etc.)
    3. "story telling"
    4. being a punk-ass b**** (or trick-ass mark)

Anchoring a line of thinking to a fact is one thing. Using your imagination (and declaring it as such) is also very acceptable. But, blind speculation masquerading as fact (as appears to be the case here) is very useless.

The rare instance where these "guesses" (ones not linked to underlying facts) coincide with the outcome is pure chance -- not evidence to the contrary.

Please be "2 legit 2 quit", not "too fake to shake and bake".
    Lock it up -- Championship!!

18. FriendofEarth

p.s. Stevie Kerr does dirty things with donkeys.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hahaha.

i think JVG's alleged response was one of sarcasm. he might have been refering to the mike james debacle where the rockets thought they had a deal in place and 15 minutes later recieved a phone call saying it fell apart.

20. jjc7329

jjc7329 Contributing Member

"Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools, because they have to say something."
    -- Plato