1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Changes youve made to the Rockets on Live and 2K

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

I have not played NBA Live for several years ... Before I go out and buy one of the games....

Which one and why should I buy it??

2. yobod

yobod Member

i think its safe to say most of us here prefer the 2K series over Live, despite the tmac cover

3. yobod

yobod Member

lol yeah, dropping scrubs and adding battier, bonzi really made the ratings go up
    its almost not even fair, im in the 90's also

although i think i need to lower the ratings i have for lucas and hayes
    theyre in the high 70's which i dont think is very accurate. lower 70's would be more fitting

4. yobod

yobod Member

chuck hayes > ben wallace

just kidding

5. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

You can change jersey numbers, Height, Positions etc etc.

Once you start your Association or Season click on edit player.

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

...this makes me miss my ps2 even more now. I use to play live all day long.

7. askball

askball Member

Bonzi will wear # 6 according to rockets.com

8. AXG

AXG Member

In the options menu, go to manage roster. Select team rosters. Go to the player you want to edit and select "Edit Player". There is an option called "Vitals." Go in there and at the bottom, you can change the jersey #.

9. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Does anyone know how to change the Fatigue levels/Sub Frenquency on NBA Live 07? (PS2). My opponents never sub out of games and it pisses me off.

10. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

i have live 07 and snyder and tmac both have the same jersey #... what J# will snyder be using this season?? and novak was not on the freakin roster!! :mad:
    i still have PS2 and the authentic jumpshots are not included??:confused:

11. kbourda

kbourda Member

With no Hayes, V-Span, Novack, or JL3 but with the addition of Wells, Padgett, and Jacobson: 76-offense, 95-defense, overall-85........ Third highest overall rating on the game.

12. kbourda

kbourda Member

2K7 no question!

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Man, the thing that pisses me off is that 2k7 isn't avaliable in Hong Kong. In fact, the only virtual basketball game is NBA Live 07. Oh well.....will have to settle for that......

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

2k7 is alright.. i played it on ps2 and it was pretty fun.. more arcade and faster paced..

i been playing nbalive07 on 360 and frankly was disappointed because it wasnt that much better than the 06.. however i think the game play is less 'arcade' like than 2k7 and has more options(freestyle controls) etc etc.. sometimes those extra controls are too much to handle but i guess its ur personal taste... nbalive07 reminds me of a madden game because each game seems very long and takes alot out of you.. like one game at a time is enough.. however i believe it is more realistic.. another thing, live07 is harder to play if you're just starting

15. LFE171

LFE171 Member

holy schnikes u guys are making vspan, jl3, novak and hayes THAT good? sorry to burst ya'lls bubbles but they should all be around the 55-65 range for live, and right under 70 for 2k7. except maybe vspan, he can be like at 68/72 at the most.

come on guys, juwan howard is a 69 in live and probably a 74 in 2k7. be realistic with ur team ;-)

rockets should be at around the 87 range. imho. only after spankin the mavs and heat can we be above 94 imho.

and yes, i agree, yao needs to be at least at 90 by now. he's been under that undeserved >90 mark for quite some time.

16. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

Don't buy Live. The subs is a known problem in the game. Even worse I got the downloaded version for my PC and after a game in Dynasty mode it closes out to your desktop. You can't play. It is ridiculous. I have just been simulating games. Which is my fave part. But I would like everything to work perfect for $40. If anyone has any questions let me know I have done my research. I think this might be the last EA game I buy.

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Tried for 15 minutes last night (2k7, the OLD xBox) to change the jersey numbers and no luck! Did everything right, Options>Manage Roster>Team Roster>A button over player>Edit Player

When you get to this screen, it only lets me choose from 4 categories by using the L and R triggers:

Attributes
    Shoes
    Tendencies
    Appearance Options (headbands, socks, etc.)

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I never saw "Vitals." Did I not scroll down far enough in one of these sections or...? :confused: Please someone CONFIRM this can be done for the OLD xBox 2k7, and if it can, why is it so freakin' hidden?!?

Also, I've heard people say something in other threads about "current gen" and "next gen" versions of either the game (or the xbox?), what the hec are these terms refering to?

Thanks in advance!

18. Nero

Nero Member

Ok, so, it looks like what I am seeing here is that people are generally saying that 2K7 is superior to Live 07 .

I also have a 360, and have downloaded the demo on Live for 2K7, and was frankly amazed. The movies and screenies I have seen of Live 07 seem a little bland in comparison.

So is that the concensus for the 360? 2K7 over Live 07 (even taking into consideration TMac is the coverboy) ?

I have not bothered with any of these basketball games since a stab at something like Live 02 or 03 on Dreamcast years ago.

But now, with the amazing muscle of the 360, and also the added bonus of having a 10-foot hi-def projector screen on which to play it, I am thinking it may now be time to try to get into it.

It might even be a good idea to keep a thread like this one going all season long, so you veterans can help out us noobs.. ;)

How is the online play? Worth it?

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

These guys arent really all that great so around 69-72 would be more accurate, that way you dont inflate the value of the rockets. its high as it is.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed, Anyone?