1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Kerr] Rockets 8th best in the west

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox_fan_here, Sep 28, 2006.

1. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Kerr is an stubborn idiot, and he hates Rockets. Enough said.

Minne at 6th?????

Randy Foye and Mike James the their new Sam and Sprewell?

LMAO

2. FriendofEarth

FriendofEarth Contributing Member

steve kerr eats poop...

3. vkrishna

vkrishna Member

I gave that b*stard a taste of his own crap. I wrote this to him:

Steve, first and foremost, I thought you were great with the Bulls and the Spurs during your NBA career, but you must also learn not to be too biased towards teams you only won championships with. I am an avid reader of your columns, it always seems you have nothing positive to say about the Rockets. I ask you to open your eyes, because, and I mean it when I say this, the Houston Rockets, will not be ranked #8 this year. I think your Western Conference rankings are complete crap. Sure I agree Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix are great teams, but I think you, along with almost every other sports writer forgets the fact that the Rockets have changed dramatically the past few years. While we may have lost Bob Sura for good, we have added more athleticism this offseason. Kirk Snyder trade was a steal for Houston, the signing of Vassilous Spanoulis was also a great move considering his effect on Team USA's demise in the FIBA world championships. You must also look at the larger picture, the Rockets are getting younger. Last year, we had the oldest roster, but look how much that roster has been overhauled this offseason. So I ask you to please be more open-minded to the Rockets as a threat in the West. So next time someone asks you a question in regarding to changing your ranks based on a signing, I ask you to think before you write. Sure Bonzi Wells may have some problems, but which NBA player doesn't? Everyone thought Ron Artest would have problems in Sacramento, and he's fit in fine so far minus the San Antonio playoff incident. The overall picture is that watch out, because the Houston Rockets can very well compete with any team out there. I never believe in these preseason rankings or mock drafts because I believe it to be complete crap. Why can't sports writers just take it for what its worth and let it go, must all of you scrutinize everything. Just think of the times when you were scrutinized by sports writers when you were a player. Must have been pretty annoying.

4. THEDREAMSHAKE34

This guy is a joke, no way are kings and lakers ahead of us, and minnesota shouldn't be either i see now way are we any worse than a 5

5. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

If healthy... even without bonzi we are a better team than the lakers , kings
    and tiberwolves. Sometimes he says some of the stupidest things.

Honestly though if we think about there are a lot of "douche bag" "commentators" (I choose to refer to them as commentators as opposed to basketball analysts, until they choose to use that thing we call a brain to actually analyize the game.)

The Rox never get any respect.

How long has it been since the Twolves were any good...?

:(

6. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Steve kerr is a joke, but they idolize him here in san antonio.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

if your actual letter lacked as many paragraphs as this post - I sadly regret to inform you that Steve Kerr didnt read your letter.

8. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Member

Challenge Steve Kerr to a public bet regarding the rockets. Would like to wager 2k that the Rox are gonna finish above Minny and Sacremento and Lakers.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Did you guys know Steve Kerr's dad was the president of a college in Lebanon and was assasinated? I don't agree with Kerr's article either, but I got to say he has one of the most interesting backstories of all NBA players I have read....look him up on wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kerr

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

as sam cassell said about his clipper team "i hope they keep underestimating us. i hope no one in the league takes us seriously."

11. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

These guys know as much as we do (acutally alot of the times, they know less)...they get paid to GUESS on where we will finish...I think most of us are much more well informed about the Rockets than Kerr....he is trying to cover all teams and just talking out of his A$$.....then when they are wrong, they never mention it....
    example...John Mcclain's super bowl pick this year from AFC was Miami!!!!!!

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Kerr is just an idiot, because of this I really don't take his analysis too seriously :eek: . Now according to Mark Stein (from ESPN), the rockets are the 9 best team in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. Another thing is look at where Mark Stein has Minesota and Sacramento. Nowhere near the Rockets. Kerr doesn't know anything about basketball, if it wasn't for Mike he wouldn't even be known ;) .

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

2006-07 Power Rankings: Training Camp
    RANK (LAST WK) TEAM REC. COMMENT
    1 Heat 52-30 Why wouldn't my Heat get the same treatment every defending champ gets from the committee (of one)? They start on top and shame on you for suspecting otherwise.
    2 Mavericks 60-22 On paper, Mavs are even deeper than they were. But they still have to keep Nowitzki fresh, cope with the brutal West and prove they can get over their Finals heartache.
    3 Spurs 63-19 Tell me you're not buying this Spurs Are Slipping stuff. Don't forget they won 63 games last season playing more small ball than they've ever played before.
    4 Suns 54-28 If we knew what to expect from Amare -- and if it's good news -- Suns would be my pick to win it all. They still might be, but I'll need October to scout it out.
    5 Pistons 64-18 Wrenching as it was to lose Darko and Big Ben in a five-month span, Detroit still ranks no worse than No. 2 in a weakened (at the top) East in spite of that No. 11 summer.
    6 Bulls 41-41 Skeptics will say Bulls haven't even won a playoff series yet. My counter: Chicago played Miami tougher than anyone in the East and just added Ben, P.J. and more.
    7 Cavaliers 50-32 Cavs have proven they're East top-four material. But Bulls look stronger from here unless Hughes makes a splashy return or LBJ can carry even more of the load.
    8 Clippers 47-35 Clips came within one win of the West finals and bring back almost the exact same team. Still trying to work out which of those developments is more extraordinary.
    9 Rockets 34-48 Signing a desperate Bonzi on the cheap? Had to do it. Now can T-Mac and Yao stay healthy? Had to ask . . . no matter how much better their supporting cast looks.
    10 Hornets 38-44 What stuns me even more than Hornets' first-ever summer splash are all the negative reactions. Would another summer of non-spending have been better?
    11 Nets 49-33 A year ago, Rod Thorn said J-Kidd's Nets were deeper than ever. No one's even pretending to say so now about a small, thin crew at risk for exiting the East elite.
    12 Lakers 45-37 Remember how we picked Lakers to make the playoffs just because Phil was back? In this West, Phil and Kobe might have to have better years just to keep them there.
    13 Warriors 38-44 Still not totally sure which seven West teams will finish below Warriors. But that's Nellie's problem. I only made the playoff guarantee; it's his job to live up to it.
    14 Nuggets 44-38 The roster looks better and so does 'Melo, but the concerns haven't changed: Nuggets need shooters and (uh-oh) need Furious George and K-Mart to co-exist somehow.
    15 Jazz 41-41 If Jazz miss the playoffs again, that would be four straight trips to the lottery. Tough to imagine Jerry Sloan going out that way, but the West could well be that brutal.
    16 Pacers 41-41 Clutch as it was to snare Harrington, starting fast would be one of our man Carlisle's best tricks yet, given that Pacers have to work in, oh, about 10 new faces.
    17 Bucks 40-42 Praise for the Charlie V. trade was nearly unanimous. But Stotts' seat is warming, as he'll be expected to do more with a more mobile frontcourt.
    18 Wizards 42-40 No one expects tiny Wiz to challenge Miami for the division title. But we do demand a big rebound from Arenas after his FT playoff nightmare and Team USA snip.
    19 Magic 36-46 Funny thing about all that great press Magic received last April. Now Dwight and Darko -- Dwight especially after talking Orlando up even louder -- have to live up to it.
    20 Timberwolves 33-49 Last season's 33-49 slog was Wolves' worst season since KG's rookie mark of 26-56. But he was on the rise back then. Now even KG admits: "Clock is ticking, man."
    21 Kings 44-38 There will be questions -- lots -- about Muss and Artest, but the bigger red flags to me remain (A) replacing Bonzi with Salmons and (B) the absence of further tweaks.

13. noize

noize Contributing Member

13 in 35 sec. still stung him, just let it go Kerr.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

There is a new article on Yahoo that discusses the latest teams with fan-sent questions.

Kerr started the article answering a fan letter asking if he would change his opnion now that the Rockets have Bonzi and Kerr said he would still keep us at where we are -_-

15. FriendofEarth

FriendofEarth Contributing Member

Again, Steve Kerr sucks the poop out from the shoots of barnyard animals.

What a base and vile individual. Let's hope he starts spitting instead of swallowing.