1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My friend just saw Van Gundy tonight and talked about Bonzi....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jjc7329, Sep 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Bonzi shouldn't listen to his drunk uncles and cousins at the wedding, they're probably Houston Rocket haterz.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes I stand corrected. And I second that Bill Duffy is highly respected as an Agent. But it doesn't mean that some other team in an effort to hold off the signing didn't make a last minute incredible offer. And if that was so wouldn't it be Duffy's responsibility to convey that info to his client. I am not saying that is what happened. But there was an event last night that it is very likely JVG was in attendance and we have a poster since 2002 reporting this rumor and another poster since 2002 verifying it. Yes they could be liars or one could be a liar and the other is just spreading the lie. Or the one who heard could have misheard or misunderstood or JVG was just being dramatic in his on pessimistic way because no deal is done until it is done. Who knows but while I still believe we will most likely sign Bonzi I don't believe at this stage it is a lock.

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Bill Duffy or not, an agent has the fiduciary duty to represent his client. The credibility and respectability of an agent should be exclusively related to the agent's ability to serve the best interest of his client, not the party with which the agent negotiates. Moreover, it's not the primary responsibility of the agent to act like a PR person, unless he was told to by the client.

So yeah, if Bonzi happens to change his mind and insist to join another team, Bill Duffy will have no choice but to oblige and make new round of contacts.

#123 wnes, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'm glad I always check the front page. Thanks Clutch.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Whoa, that settles the whole ordeal as affirmatively and unmistakeably as it possibly could.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding, same here!

I think this thread will probably be locked up shortly....

7. JJae

JJae Member

One * before lock :D

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was about to post a sarcastic comment about how Rockets.com doesn't even have it on their website yet. Good thing I read the front page or I would have looked like a complete JACKASS.

And since that has never happened before....

;)

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whille its the agent's primary duty to represent his client, I think his credibility and respectability is related to ability to serve the best interest of his client AND be honest and professional in dealing with other parties..

if an agent's client verbally agrees and changes his mind, this will be seen as a very negative thing by other teams.. they will no doubt have seconds thoughts when dealing with bill duffy.. will bill's other clients want that to happen?

as an example look what happened with Boozer and his agent.. yes Boozer got the contract he got, but his agent quit because he thinks his exisitng clients and relationship with teams is more important than just 1 client..

#129 vlaurelio, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Ha, I just pushed this to a one star! :p

11. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

fair enough, but its a two way street. :p

Rockets Rule :eek:

12. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Fair enough...but that does not sound like punishment.

btw, I should have read the agreement more closely...thanks for the heads up. ;)

13. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

nothing personal to you like I said b4, just calling the info bs. Peace and go Roxs

14. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Ok, you are trying my patience on the matter, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I call bs on the info, not you as a person. Is that brilliant enough for you. :confused:

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. im sorry, but JVG doesnt seem like the kind of man who says "talk to me" when answering the phone.

Did he also say 'chao' when he hung up?

16. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I cant imagine Bonzi signing a deal for less then what Sac offered to him earlier this year because I am sure he assumes if he has one good season he will at least get that same deal next year. Also I live in Charlotte, and I know the bobcats are not going to offer 5 years and 36 million to Bonzi, and they are the only team interested that has that kind of cash to spend. They are just too cheap and want to make their big splash next summer cuz Morrison at least gives them some buzz this year. Therefore, I think Bonzi signs with the Rox cuz he fully intends to be a FA next year and they give him the best chance to showcase his talents on a good team.

17. AggieRocketFan96

jjc seems to be the calm one here. Not sure why he is being villified here. I hope posters like you don't continue to discourage others who may have seen or heard a morsel of info that appreciative Rockets fans that are far away from Houston would be interested in hearing. I'll believe Bonzi Wells is on this team once there is a press conference with him holding his Rockets jersey.

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Has anyone seen Liar Liar!! :rolleyes:

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Too late for that. If you happened upon some true but unverifiable Rockets information, would you post here knowing everyone would call it bs? I wouldn't.

20. jjc7329

jjc7329 Contributing Member

This will be the last time I do.