1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA LIVE 07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketholic, Sep 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rocketholic

rocketholic Contributing Member

Anyone else pumped about this game? Specially with T-Mac on the cover! I know what I'll be doing 24 hours from now! Anyone else play? Look for me online my handle: xxTRUGAMASxx

2. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

No, I'm pumped for NBA 2K7. I never liked the gameplay of Live. Realism is what I look for in bball games and 2K7 has it. Live is all about flashy moves and dunks while 2k7 is more strategic and all about realistic NBA style play.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

i'd love to but my wife is critical of my time on clutchfans :( let alone my time infront of a PS2.

4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I am pumped for 2K7 as well. NBA Live is an arcade game.

5. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

What, you don't like they skating on ice feature that Live gives you?

6. rocketholic

I usually play 2k7 also but much later once the price drops (eventhough its only like $20-30) or buy it used. And NBA Live is far from an arcade game, IMHO, but everybody have different tastes.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I think i'll be getting live. I got one of the 2K games, but that was only because it was $20.

NBA Live is only $30 here. I'm getting that.

8. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

ditto. i used to play live way back in the day but ever since they changed their ways i havnt touched it since. 2k7 is where its at if you ask me and tons of others.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

The pace of the game are different in both games. Just take a lok at the videos online. In live, the ball is all over the place. 2K is a much smoother, realistically paced basketball sim. If you want to fastbreak, and dunk on like 3 players then go for Live. Although last years live on 360 was horrid, and had a much slower pace.

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Yes I do. I actually like the unrealistic stuff. Averaging 8bpg with Yao is lots of fun.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

im getting Live on my PSP and 2k7 for my XBox. Wondering why 2K7 isn't being released on PSP, 2K did release MLB 2k6 on PSP, so why not NBA? :confused:

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'm predicting live to be complete trash. last year it had the better graphics but you couldn't freaking play it. looks like a repeat.

the 2k7 demo is sweet. the animations are smooth and they totally nailed individual player shots. i usually wait and try both games before i pick one but not this year.

13. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I play the games weird... I play them as a GM/Head coach... I basically watch the CPU play each other in dynasty/franchise mode... I'm on my 23rd season in Live with no real life players left. Live has the edge in cpu vs cpu play. I like the 2k series' authencity but it has glitches that make the players play horribly after the first year in franchise... T-mac would shoot nothing but 3s after his first year (even after messing with the tendancies) and everyone on the team got worse year after year then the teams trading lebron for reggie evans is never good. Live has realistic cpu trade and a good ratings progression throughout a career. If I did play the game normally the 2k series would be my game of choice, but due to my GM/Headcoach addiction I always end up buying both.

14. rocketholic

Come on guys! I know ya guys will buy it just because T-Mac on the cover! As a souvenir! I plan on keeping the book in my car or take it to any event that he might be at to get him to sign it. I have like 5 cover athletes signatures on the game they appear on the cover on.

15. kbourda

kbourda Member

The best thing about 2k7 from a Houston perspective is the fact that Hakeem Olajuwon is a part of the 80's and 90's all star teams in the game. It was good to see that!

16. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Some stores around Houston are claiming to have nba 2k7 in stock now for ps2 and live to come out thursday or friday.

17. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

I also like playing the role of GM. I sim most my games but I will play key games like game 7 of the playoffs or a game against the Mavs. But If you really want a game with the best Dynasty/Franchise mode, check out Total Pro Basketball for the PC. It's franchise mode is way better than Live or 2k6 and the CPU Trade AI is the best I've seen in a basketball game. The only downside is that it's 2D/Text-Based so you can't watch the games with graphics like Live/2k. Actually, you should wait for Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball, which is the newer version that will come out before the year ends.

Anyways, I agree that Live has had the better dynasty in the past, not sure about this year. Just picked up NBA 2K7 for the 360 and it is amazing. Truly the best basketball game I've ever played. But it's the little things that amaze me like watching the bench react to the plays on court and seeing Clutch the Bear playing with the crowd. There's also so many camera angles to choose from. Nosebleed, Cheap Seats, Bench, Coach Cam, and so many more that it's ridiculous. And HAKEEM THE DREAM is finally on the legends roster! :D

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I hope whatever basketball title that gets released on the Nintendo Wii takes full advantage of the new controller system..

19. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I picked up NBA2K7 today. I am really digging it so far. The only negative things I've noticed so far is no V-Span, Novak, Hayes, or Lucas.

Very realistic so far. I've played 3 games, and haven't won a tip-off and Dikembe misses everything except the occasional dunk. :)

20. Poloshirtbandit

I checked Best Buy and Fry's today but neither had it. The sales paper said Best Buy would have it today. I'll check again tomorrow.