1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Denver Post] Rockets Still interested in Wells...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by supertruck97, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Y-Mac

Y-Mac Member

Well,in the next 48 hours we may become WC champs.I think it's pretty moch a done deal.All the three teams are offering roughly the same,with the exception of the Rox who can also offer the TE.i think they are working on a snt deal with the kings.denver and miami have no chance in that way,cause the king arent gonna take back salary,It's an ideal opportunity for us to get much stronger.But with 17 players on the roster already,we have to cut 3 players.Sura will probably retire,azubuike to the nbdl,and that guy hairyasz.Then make a trade with the lakers involving Juwan,head and rybo for mihm cook and turiaf.That would make a good lineup
    Yao/mihm/deke/turiaf
    Battier/cook/turiaf/novak
    T-mac/novak/cook
    Wells/Snyder/Jacobsen
    Alston/Spanoulis/jl III
    I went a bit offtopic with this trade proposal,but i'm so excited with the possibility of wells coming here,hope u don't mind

2. Y-Mac

Y-Mac Member

edit: I forgot to put CHucky hayes,man how could i :(

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

This won't happen.

Anytime WE hear about a transaction before it happens, it DOESN'T. (Mike James)

The only acquisitions that ever occur are the ones nobody heard about in advance and catch us offguard. (Battier)

There are a bunch of examples. So, suck it up folks and get over it. No way in hell that this deal gets done. NO WAY. IMPOSSIBLE.

trying a little reverse psychology.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I seem to recall hearing about getting T-Mac quite awhile before it happened...

5. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

And Stro, we weren't far away from James either, not that I ever wanted him

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

from bonzi's quotes i think we are his first choice and it's up to the rockets to make it happen.

let's just hope that they don't drop the ball on this one like with MJ.
    ---------

yao-deke
    shane-jho-hayes
    tmac-novak-bowen
    wells-snyder-head-sura
    rafer-vspan-jl3

the bench could use a little sorting out, but i think that team can defend any team in the league! spurs, suns, mavs...doesn't matter.
    ----

PLEASE CD, PLEASE...MAKE IT HAPPEN!! :eek:

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Count me in with the "I'll believe it when I see it" group.

Hopefully, the Rockets didn't initiate the dialog by asking what he (Wells) thinks of the $2.1m remaining of the MLE. Assuming the Rockets don't offend Wells, IMHO it all comes down to whether or not the Rockets will offer and the Kings will accept next years' first rounder for the TE.

As for range on his shot, when you've got PF's (Battier & Novak) taking 3's I don't see it as a big deal. If we magically get Wells and Van Gundy is smart, he'll move Yao up to the high post and take advantage of Yao's ability to pass over anyone and Wells back to the basket strength.

Another reason I tend to de-emphasize Wells' 3 point FG% is his ability to finish at the rim. I'm probably the only one here, but I'm tired of watching 4 stationary players while Yao goes 1on1. Basketball 101 says when your man doubles the post, you dive to the front of the rim. Wells can and will finish at the basket better than any Rockets' perimeter player with the possible exception of a totally healthy McGrady.

Again, seeing is believing.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If $$$ then Bobs can trump Rox by beaucoups. Is MJ going to 'recruit' Bonzi?

For that matter, is Shaq? TMac needs to be the recruiter for the ToyShop IMO.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

We heard about Alston 45 minutes before Houston media reported it.

10. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

And it is also true for TMac trade!!!
    Let's hope it will happen.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yes :rolleyes:

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

There are exceptions to every rule. By in large, MOST transactions that occured, we never even dreamed of. Conversely OVERWHELMINGLY, most transactions we DO talk about never happen.

Mike James trade #1. outta left field
    Bobby Sura. outta left field
    Jon Barry. left field
    Rafer Alston. left field
    David Wesley. left field
    K. Bogans. left field
    Scott Padget. left field
    Weatherspoon. left field
    Mutombo. left field
    Kirk Snyder. left field

Acquisitions that were heavily discussed that never happened:
    Minny Mouse
    Derek Fisher
    Mike James
    Rashard Lewis (as a free agent)
    Marc Jackson
    Sam Cassel (as a FA recently)
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Ron Artest
    Antoine Walker
    DeShawn Stevensen
    blah blah blah

Those are some of the recent ones I can think of off the top of my head.

TMac and Stro are the exceptions

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Most of those on your list were just writer speculation as opposed to actual documented attempts by the front office to get that guy.

And listing Shareef and Antoine is a little cheap seeing as how they were part of a power forward trio on the free agent market where we could only get one. And we did. Stromile. Mike James and Mouse are the only two on there I actually recall us officially pursuing at losing out on.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Deke was spoken of for aeons before it finally came to pass. When was 'toine ever linked to Rox?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The offseason we inked Stro I believe they met with Toine as well.

16. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

As much as this would make my day ... coming from a fox source, im not so sure. But if it did happen, then we can say we had a good offseason.

this team would be so much fun to play with on a video game :D

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

[​IMG]

18. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

The most encouraging thing to me is that Bonzi said "it's up to them". That means he wants to come here given that our offer is reasonable. Anything more than the 4.2M TE would be unreasonable since there's no way we could do it. I think it hinges on how much Sac is willing to accept. If they just want a 2nd rounder, it'll be a done deal. If they demand a 1st rounder, then the decision is a bit tougher. But I think the Rox should do it.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Fox source wshen it's Berman is aces. O'reilly he ain't. And ain't none other in H-town who is in the same sentence with his intrepid self.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Why do some people think this couldn't happen? Is it because Bonzi turned down the Kings 5 yr 36 mil deal and the best the Rockets can do is a 4.2 TE. Well that was just the biggest mistake of the off season by Bonzi's stupid agent who made him believe Al Harrington wasn't going to sign with the Pacers and they would offer more than the Kings. Oops sorry Bonzi that deal fell through let's go back to Sac and beg!

Bonzi has very few options, now. There isn't a team with salary cap room or even a MLE that wants him. So that means if Bonzi wants a deal even close to what the Kings can offer it would have to be a sign and trade. Well guess what? The kings refuse to do any sign and trade which involves taking on more salary. So Bonzi is left with very few suitors who can offer him anything. And the Rockets with their 4.2 TE are looking very pretty right now.

So now the question is do the Rockets really want to take on Wells with all his headaches and give out that much salary which puts them dangerously close to the luxury tax and also do the Kings want to help us and only get a TE and a second round draft pick for giving up so much. I would venture to guess the answer is yes on both counts. Yes, JVG, in an effort to save his a$$, will convince Alexander that this is the deal of the century that will put us over the top and yes the Kings will accept so little because it is better than nothing which is what they will get if he signs for are 2.1 MLE.