1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Jacobsen on Rockets' radar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Aug 31, 2006.

1. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Jacobsen who??

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

3. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

well, perhaps now the rox can bring in Dream to coach Yao like all the fans want.

4. qrui

qrui Member

i'm in shock :eek: the news of patrick ewing resigning got burried and nobody acknowledges it. sad to see him go? happy? over the moon? i personally think it's about time. we should have someone else work with yao now, he's into another phase of his career. dare i dream the dream? ;)

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I like this guy just for proving even the Suns can make a bad pick.

6. kingkow

kingkow Member

he is alright, poor man's jason kapono

7. Sextuple Double

Sign him for what!!?? :mad: I can give them the same production for the league minimum.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm fine with adding CJ if, in fact, he signs. However, how many so-so backcourtmen can one team rosterize?

Can the Rox not get one (semi-)stud guard and one (semi-)stud big to round out the roster?

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, who says this in not a prelude to a move that gets you one of those?

We all thought they had an abundance of guards before (though various opinions question how good a group it is) and they now plan to add another. Plus, Jacobsen makes 16 players on the roster.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I agree. No thanks.

11. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Go cheap. That is all Rox decide to do to add their role players.

Bunch of unprovens, only 3 quality starters. I can see JVG's head explodes multiple times next season. It will be a fun season.

12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I recall Charles Barkley saying that Casey J's girlfriend is hot. That was some halftime on TNT.
    Can anyone locate any pics?

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

who are you and why have you seen fit to steal my moniker? :p

kidding around mate, the more Aussies the better.

Jacobsen=Frahm. Not overly impressesed with this signing.

And just to add to a chorus of others - where are the Power Forward signings?

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This shot is on a site called Shamsports referring to a bunch of pictures of NBA players and their wives so I guess they are married now. I remember there was some story about Casey and his girlfriend, I think during the NCAA's, mostly I think as an excuse to get a hot chick on the TV screen. She was a cheerleader or a model or something, anybody?

Anyway if you want to see other player's wives (and maybe that's worth it's own thread) The sight is :

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/thefunstuff/wives.jsp

#34 Dubious, Aug 31, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  15. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Sorry I might be off the topic but the above paragraph really bothers me. Does that mean Charlie Ward will be Yao's coach??? That sounds very scary to me.

I know that Tom Thibodeau (not Ewing) has been Yao's coach for a while and I still remember what Yao said about Tom's tennis ball trick and Tom's suggestion that Yao should use his left hand as much as he uses his right hand. I'm pretty happy about what Tom has done on Yao Ming so far.

If Charlie Ward is just to help Tom throw tennis ball to Yao during the training sessions, I admit that I overreacted.

16. momosworld

momosworld Member

I think it's kind of obvious what they are doing. They have not found a cut and dry solution to their backcourt out there that can be acquired for the assets they have. So, they are bringing in a bunch of guys who have some potential upside: Snyder, JL3, V-Span, Azubuke, and now Jacobsen. Let them duke it out in training camp and see what rises to the surface.

I keep reading that the Rockets are being cheap, but what do they have. Almost no tradeable assets. They had the TE and the MLE, and there weren't a lot of prospects out there for that amount. Do we want them to overpay someone just so they can say they spent the money?

17. Summer Song Giver

Plus Casey will light your ass up on NBA Live; hate that guy.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What's the deal with Shane's wife? Is she 6'8" or standing on a soapbox?

[​IMG]

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

awesome..

20. lytruc

lytruc Contributing Member

Does this mean we're out of the race for Bonzi Wells?

BTW, why not sign Demarr Johnson instead? I think he's looking at a team in Israel since the Nuggets haven't inked him.

I am just amazed that the Suns' front office can sign Jumaine Jones and we get Jacobsen... Probably why they keep getting better.

Frustating for sure. Whatever.