1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Krystal in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arkoe, Aug 23, 2006.

1. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I like What-A-Burger burgers.

I've not had a burger at the In-N-Out. When I was in California earlier this year, I had intended to try it, but I never got around to going. Maybe next trip. I did enjoy whatever that fast-food Mexican place we stopped at, though I can't remember the name off-hand (it's a famous one, but one we don't have here).

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

El Pollo Loco? I love that place.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Thank you...Whataburger has good grilled chicken sandwiches, really good chicken strips, awesome breakfast items, but their burgers are really overrated. Thin, dry patties with flat buns.

Although, I wouldn't be too proud of the "Waterburger" insult...My friends and I called it Waterburger until our teens...then, we actually looked at the sign. :D

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I keep pressing the guys I work with to open some up in Houston. EPL has great chicken (for FF)!!!

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I had some Pollo Loco in Monterrey Mexico and it rocked...I'm assuming it was the as in the states...

As for Whataburger...There burgers are pretty good, but not the best...I prefer Sonic's burgers and Foot Long Coney's and tots, but had Whataburger growing up, so I'll always eat it...They do have the best taquitos and Ketchup, period...

6. mrpaige

That's actually not the one I was thinking of, but we ate there, too (and it was very good), but there was another one we ate at on the way to CA that was very good, as well.

I should Google.

ETA: I Googled. It was "Del Taco"

El Pollo Loco was better, but I liked Del Taco, too.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Del Taco? Dude, that place is barely better than Taco Bell.

For mexican the only way to go now is Chipotle.

8. ClockworkOrange

I frequent California and do tend to hit up In-and-Out at times. Maybe it's b/c I'm not into the whole fast food thing, but I dont' think they're all that great. Decent, but nothing outstanding. Reminds me a lot of Wendy's burgers.

9. mrpaige

Well, I also like Taco Bell when the mood hits me right. But Del Taco was much better tasting than Taco Bell.

But yeah, not nearly as good as El Pollo Loco (I had forgotten we had eaten there on our trip).

I've never been to Chipotle.

We have a here in town called "Taco Delite" that I just think is awful, but my wife loves. Thankfully there's a Jack in the Box next door that I can go to when she insists on eating at this awful place.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Haha...I was gonna say earlier that everyone i knew called it Waterburger...but I thought people'd think I was stupid...

But it's true, it's still Water Burger to me...Whata Burger just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Oh, and don't listen to arkoe...Freebird's sucks horribly compared to the greatness that IS Chipotle...

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In and Out is way overrated. Must be a left coast thing.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No one ever does.