1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Selling Longhorn Football Tickets

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by s land balla, Aug 24, 2006.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I have a question about selling UT football tickets. I'm a UT student and have season tickets. This year, they just started a new policy where you print your student tickets from home and they have your name on them. Officially, we can only transfer the ticket to other students who have sports packages.

I won't be able to go to the best game of the season (Ohio State) because I'll be out of town. Whats the most popular ticket exchange website for UT football games? On eBay, I just saw that and upper level, midfield single ticket had bids for $400+ and my seat is in the lower level, midfield. If it weren't for this stupid print-at-home ticketing system with student names printed on the ticket, I'd be able to sell this ticket for at least $500! :mad:

Anyone know of any loopholes through this system? Do they strictly check student IDs at games?

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

LEt me borrow your ID.

3. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

if i had a ticket to that game there is no freaking way i would be leaving town short of someone dying.

4. BALLhog 247 365

yea, theyre becoming so strict that you have to print the tickets out even if you chose to have them delivered to your home. they wont actually arive in the mail.

did you already get the email with the print outs?
    i havent yet

5. s land balla

that's what i think i'll end up doing, just let someone borrow my ID...how much are you willing to pay for section 26 row 64?

[​IMG]

6. s land balla

yea i got the e-mail a few days ago...i think they're giving them to seniors first

7. ameet14

ameet14 Member

I dont know if its different from last year. But a couple of my friends just changed the name on the email by just changing it in the html code. i know they got in, so it might still work.

8. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

While they do check to see if you have an ID, I doubt they'd check the name at the door, that'd really slow down the line and piss off a lot of people waiting to come in. I'd say that as long as the buyer comes in while the line is long, he should be able to get in.

You can still sell it on eBay and just remember to remind them that the buyer bears to risk of not getting in. Remind them they need a UT ID and your name is on the ticket. Also, be sure to set a reserve price of at least $200.

9. s land balla

smart.

10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

it's in html? wow... the ticketing system doesn't sound very secure.

11. s land balla

I still think the easiest thing to do is let someone borrow my ID...this ticket could easily sell for $600 if it wasn't a "student ticket" :mad: !!!!

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Well I'm brown and from South America so you can imagine what my complexion is like. I can pass for middle eastern (White people can't tell the difference) and possibly Indian. If your pacific asian I'm sh*t out of luck unless your Phillipino, Thai, or from Cambodia. Again white people can't tell the difference.

13. s land balla

perfect! i'm pakistani...

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't know why, but this post was pretty damn funny to me.

15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I might be interested in selling my ticket as well, depending on its value a week before the game

I dont like these print out tickets at all

16. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Yah I'm not a big fan of them either. I like the tickets that everyone else gets- easier to let someone have them/sell them/ less vulnerable to being counterfeit.

Where's everyone sitting at- I'm a Senior and got some seats in Section 27, Row 2. Looking forward to the Ohio State game and checking out Godzillatron.

17. s land balla

Section 26, Row 34.

I really want to go to this Ohio State game, but I won't be in Texas that weekend. I talked to some friends and they're telling me I can go up to the box office and pick up actual paper tickets. Is this true? Also, are they strict about whether the student I sell the ticket to has a sports package or not? Or do they just need a UT id to get in?

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Sland- I'm pretty sure you can still make a pretty buck by selling and transfering the ticket to another UT student. Obviously you won't make as much as if you put it on EBAY or something, but the game is going to be rediculous.

People are going to get really desperate come the week of the game.

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Section 20 here

If they can give out paper tickets that are different than the normal student longhorn sportspackage tickets they give you when you draw, that would be great.

If they arent different, you could still sell them to people but they would have to use a UT ID to get in. I'm sure any ID that remotely looks like you will work. They dont really care

20. s land balla

will they be able to use ANY ut ID, or does the ID they use have to be that of a student with a sports package?