1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with dunking with Steve?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 4, 2001.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Q: What do you think it will be like to play with Vince Carter?

Olajuwon: I like that. It's like being in college with Phi Slamma Jamma when we were dunking over everybody. I'll love to play with him and it will be fun for me. I think I can help him tremendously and make it easier for him.

--------------------------------------

What was wrong with dunking with Steve or even Cuttino, Dream?

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Olajuwon thinks VC can make up the fact that Olajuwon can no longer dunk...

3. Old School

Old School Member

I thought the same thing...the Rockets were one of the most dunkenest teams I've ever seen.

Old School

4. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

I noticed Hakeem saying that but was trying to convince myself that he didn't mean anything and it really wasn't a hidden slam on the Rockets. I also liked the part about playing along side Davis, does he think he was the only one rebounding last year? If I remember right he pouted half of the year, demanded a trade, went to the media about how Rudy coached big men, then was on the ir for 24 games the rest of the time. Maybe he would have noticed we can dunk and rebound if he was watching or playing with the team a little more. O-well water under the bridge now. Give it two or three weeks and the PC remarks will be over with and we will start to see how the people really feel.

5. Franchisedream

Olajuwon wasn't comparing the two. He didn't say Now it will be like Phi Slamma Jamma, unlike when I was in Houston.

Dream was just saying something positive about his new team. That doesn't mean he was saying something negative about his old one.

It must suck to have every little phrase you use analyzed and twisted.

6. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Dream can still dunk but he had a few that he missed last year that he thought was funny. Carter is the best dunker with a wide variety but Francis is able to turn a few heads as well.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Hakeem says a lot of things that can be misleading. After all these years, I still think he gets tweaked in front of the press.