1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao going to be on TV today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Aug 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Member

anyone know yaos final stats?

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

#102 geeimsobored, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

0-0-0-0-0

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Anybody else think he would have chopped about 20 points off the winning margin?

5. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

6. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Member

Not me.

The way the US is playing right now isnt really suited for Yao (especially coming off injury)

All that press and running would take him out the game like the suns do.

The chinese guards would have to make a conscious effort of slowing thing sdown and being patient, which frankly i dont know if they are capable of

7. compucomp

compucomp Member

We've seen in games against the Suns if the Rockets manage to slow down the pace of the game the Suns have no answer at all for Yao. Frankly, nobody on the USA team can guard Yao, either.

I think the guards can slow down the game and feed Yao if the coach says so. However, if they do that they tend to rely solely on Yao, resulting in games where Yao scores 30 and everyone else does nothing, since they're so concerned with feeding Yao they don't get into a good rhythm themselves.

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

I'm not sure about 20 points but it would be closer. Remember they were missing both of their best players. (Yao and Wang ZhiZhi) Yao to suck in the defense and Wang to spread it out and drop bombs from the 3 point line. It still wouldn't be close because the pressure defense puts a lot of the burden on the Chinese guards to move the ball and control the game, but it would be closer than it was.

9. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

10. mit365

mit365 Member

Is NCAA possible?

11. mit365

mit365 Member

When Yao was 17,people said that he cound't play basketball at all.He is slow,soft,no shooting,no passing... :rolleyes:

12. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Those guys don't look Cuban. ;)

13. wireonfire

wireonfire Member

14. skywater

skywater Member

Chen had signed professional contract so he could not be recruited by any NCAA teams.

Chen is in fact 19 yrs old , not 17. But still he is a talent for his being selected as the youngest member of team China and he played well against Chris Paul.

He might have chance to play for a NBA team, though not so likely as Yi Jianlian. (No chance to become AI, but might become a player like John Lucas III )

15. Ducky

Ducky Member

73-119, we lost 46 points.
    Although it's not a shame for us, especially without Yao and Wang, but we could play better :( . Most players are young, it's not an excuse, you USA team is also young. Only hope we can play much better at 2008, the Olympic Game. :eek:

And, I think, in yesterday's game, Yi Jianlian(#11, 19 years old) and Chen Jianghua(#17, 17 years old) did play well, at least not bad. Hope they can give Yao a hand at 2008. :)

Rockets' fan from China ;)

16. compucomp

compucomp Member

Link? Source? Without those you're just an anti-China troll.

17. skywater

skywater Member

I have my source and I can confirm it is the fact no matter you believe or not. That is the "age phonomenon" in Chinese basketball and only a few players (like Yao) have not "reduce" their ages.

the word 'anti-china' sounds ridiculous ;) for 19yrs Chen is still a talent and full of potential.

You might believe he is 17 if you want.

18. MFW

MFW Member

That's just hilarious. Anybody on the internet can have a "source" on anything. I'm guessing that they forged his birth certificate as well? It's actually quite funny, because those that actually followed him knows that even before he became better known, his age was reported the same as it is now. Know what that means? It makes you at best a conspiracy theorist, at worst a bullsh1t artist.

19. MFW

MFW Member

Btw, Yao on the CNT on CCTV5 interview, according to my memory:

"Members on the national team, when they are playing for their clubs, often only have to play 75% to 80% to get a victory. As a result, they do not try as hard to better themselves and do not try and play as hard as American players.

Therefore, when they come to the national team and play against top European and American players, they cannot match the intensity. Even if they do practise harder, as soon as return to their respetive clubs, they return to their usual routine.

Also, you have to remember, athletes' come generation after generation. Even if one national team builds good habits, as soon as the next team comes in, it will have to rebuilt again. Therefore, the only way to improve Chinese basketball is by improving the League competition."

Well, that was the gist of it any ways.

20. amb

amb Member

name me one chinese who can do stuff like tat...who hav tat quickness....
    u definitely didn't watch the game live....well i did...i can tell u he actually blow by those star players on the U.S. squad with spin moves and crossovers

it seems like hes the only guy immune to the full court press...tats y he played so much imo btw...

the bottom line is even the best guard on the chinese squad liu wei isn't even close....way way behind...in terms of athletic ability and quickness that chen is able to display.

sure...he got lots of turnover because hes still young and make stupid decisions....but if he can learn to master those skills and improve his bball IQ,
    he will be a star on the Chinese squad besides yao ming.