1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yao going to be on TV today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Aug 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mit365

mit365 Member

119:73 finished :p

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Keith Jones is with US team?

3. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Ha, Yao just knocked down Keith Jones at the end of the game.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

That's it, we lost. 119-73. Better than Puerto Rico :D

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

is there a website where I can watch last season's Houston Rocket's games?

6. pryuen

pryuen Member

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Wow! CCTV5 just showed a clip that Wade in a wheel chair, back to the basket and knocked a shot at the top of the arc!

Wade is a really nice person. I read from an article today about this shot. The PR from US initially denied the request for Wade to make a shot in a wheel chair but when Wade knew that was a game with the disablities, he accepted the request and made that shot.

8. mit365

mit365 Member

9. vtkp99

vtkp99 Member

i'm confused, "who" lost?

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Sorry, China lost.

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

woke up early today thinking that ESPN was going to show the game live as advertised by usabasketball.com.. Damn!

12. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Due to my connection or PPlive, i only saw parts of the game broken up. Yao looked pretty good when i did see him, standing and cheering on his teammates, so hopefully, he's ready to play some ball and get back into shape for us!

Anyone else see a healthy yao or hear good chinese commentary on his condition? Maybe the translated version on ESPN2 later today will feature some...

13. amb

amb Member

thx man! the article was a great read.
    seems like this kid really has potential...gd for chinese bball...no doubt he has the best physical ability for a chinese guard. liu wei and yuta tabuse can suk his balls.... :D

14. amb

amb Member

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

And he can dunk too. How tall is he actually, some said 5'11 some said 6'1???

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIcYFoTjM_A"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIcYFoTjM_A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. dfwrox

dfwrox Member

Are you sure that's not the reincarnation of Stromil Swift?

17. wreck

wreck Member

I hope shane starting this game is a sign that he will make the final cut as one of the 12 players to play in the world championships. I hope they cut Bowen. He's one of the only spurs that I cant stand. I wish he played in Dallas, that would make me hate that team twice as much as i already do.

18. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Member

Very well could be, but until China gives him a chance in the NBA we will never know

19. pirc1

pirc1 Member

Expect to see him in the 07 draft. I think he nees to be trained like Yao did when he first arrived in NBA. One year of NBA training could do wonders for him and Chinese national team. Can Chen Jianhua be drafted next year at 18? Yi will be 19 or 20 next year. If both Chen and Yi gets drafted, the Chinese team's chance in 08 Olympics just went way up.

20. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Member

I agree. chinese basketball's thinking is backwards.

They can only develop so much in China, let them go, come to NBA (maybe even to europe) and let them work on their games against stronger players. They will come back better for everyone.