1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Thread on Yao Ming's Summer Activities 2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Apr 25, 2006.

1. wayne312

wayne312 Member

I love you too. However, I seriously doubt that you are Chinese, let alone a Yao only fan. I can tell you why I feel this way but I won't. Thats total a different topic.

2. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I was offering you a chance to re-think of your words when I asked you to provide links to support your story. Like many other lousy Chinese reporters, what I learned from your post below, you tends to add your own imaginations/fantasy to fictionalize news/incidents in order to backup your argument.

Let's see what you said in your post:

Could you provide any link citing Yao's comments that "the Asian Basketball Championship game is really not very meaningful'?

You must be a very close friend of Yao and knew that he went back for Asian games last year was a result of compromise. Yao must have told you that.

Either my English is so bad or you have implied in your sentence that Yao was upset playing for CNT in summer due to other commercial commitments. If that's your meaning, could you provide any link citing Yao's comments? Honestly, Yao might have expressed that he was tired of those commercial commitments but I have never heard Yao complaining playing for CNT. Guess you are the one "mixing orange with apple" here.

Well, at least I agree with you that the argument is not productive at all. And I hope you keep your word and don't comment on this topic anymore.

3. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

This thread is on the verge of derailing... we need some more fabolous translations from you pryuen! Your translations are highly appreciated from Rocket fans across the globe...

Like many other Chinese reading forumers here in Clutchfans, I wish I could contribute to the translation... but I just don't have the time and patience to do so...

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I know...... :p

I have been tied up with the preparation of a company-wide sales summit meeting over the past 2 days. I could not find time for any translation or posting of Yao Ming updates.

I promise to resume my series over this week end. I read one extremely exciting one yesterday about Yao Ming saying he wishes to become more of a leader in the Rockets as well as in the national team.

Be patient.

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I know it's not my place to translate, but if pryuen is too busy, here's the translation (as best as I can do it):

Wearing a red T-shirt and white trousers, like a student strolling around a school yard, with both hands in her pockets, bag slung over her right shoulder, walking slowly around, Yi Li is waiting for ever-practising boyfriend-Yao Ming.

Yesterday, at 12:20 pm, this rarely-seen-in-public couple arrived in front of the Sport Office's Basketball stadium.

9 o'clock, the Sport Office's Basketball court is split in half, one for Ma Chek to train China's Women Basketball Team for the tournament in September; on the other side, Yao Ming is also training so that he can participate in World Championships on 19th of August.

Having an injured foot fired up Yao Ming's hunger for games. Under the training of trainer David (surname can't translate) and body expert (?) (can't translate either), Yao Ming is training hard and is as sweating like the rain.

Maybe the only person to be able to sooth Yao Ming's eagerness to be on the court is Yi Li. Because of her own ankle problem, Yi Li isn't able to participate in the Women Basketball tournament, so her current duties, other than visiting her team mates, even more important is to take care of her boyfriend Yao Ming.

Yao Ming's training starts at 9:00 am, and Yi Li, with an icepack on her ankle, staying with him until 12:20 pm when they both leave.

At 11:00 am, a group of Yao Ming fans wearing Yao's no. 11 jersey comes into the stadium. Their presence relaxes the tense atmosphere of the training. The bunch of fans are KAfu (?) Food's CEO Mark (?)'s family. Because Kafu had recently signed a contract to be the training office's athlete's (something), so they can have a 'backdoor' pass, entering the staduim that most fans can never go into.

At around 11:30 am, China's Women Basketball Team leaves, but Yi Li stays behind, waiting for Yao Ming.

At about 12:15 pm, the office's bus transporting athletes are fewer, many summer holiday's training courses for young basketballers are at the stadium's door, but not wanting to interrupt Yao Ming's training, they've been asked to come later.

5 minutes later, Yi Li, with Yao Ming behind her, walks slowly out of the stadium. Because of the ice pack strapped to his left ankle, Yao Ming couldn't walk quite fast, and Yi li walks slowly. The two converse in low voices, but at the front door, they find the last bus has already left. From their faces, you would not be able to see the endless tiredness of training, the suffering of injuries and the pressure of the coming mathces. At that moment, Yao Ming and Yi Li are just like any normal couple, together sharing a rare moment of love.

Well, hope you don't mind pryuen, and I hope that I didn't do a terrible job on it. Some of the people's name in the article, I'm not too sure who they are, so I just left them at that.

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm really sorry for any typos, since this is my first time. pryuen, please grade this any grade you like, from B to an F.

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Awesome job brantonli24. Translating is not easy business, and I commend anyone that takes the time and effort to do it.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Out of curiosity, how tall is Yi Li?

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Those would be Rockets Strength & Conditioning Coach David Macha, and Yao's personal S&C trainer (former Rox trainer) Anthony Falsone.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Why is A out of question? I'll give it an A- just for the effort. :)

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Not bad, brantonli. A for effort and courage. As you do it more often, I am sure you and pryuen will have a friendly competition. :)

13. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I believe she's 6'3

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Well done brantonli. Nice update. I hope Yao will recover soon. Walking slowly
    with ice around his ankle doesn't sound good.

15. cwww

cwww Member

Good job brantonli for the translation. Btw Yao's girlfriend should be Ye Li instead of Yi Li. ;)

16. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

I'm sure the ice was just precautionary--or maybe it was so they'd be slow and "miss the last bus"! :D Glad to see the long hair on Ye Li again!!

and THANK YOU brantonli24, great job!

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

It was his girlfriend that had the ice on the ankle according to the translation.

18. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

A couple of comments here.

The Chinese article indicates Yao is training harder because of the untimely injury to Wang Zhizhi (it doesn't elaborate further), implying Yao desires to make up for the potential missing of Wang in the CNT in the upcoming World Championship games.

The ice pack was wrapping around Yao's left knee, not on his ankle. Someone else already said it was merely for precaution.

19. ak47

ak47 Member

Someone should edit the first post and put this there :D props to ballin uk of bbn

[​IMG]

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Now if only I can edit my posts...........