1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senegal vs China live -- Badine vs Yi Jianlian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wireonfire, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I wish i could get drafted with a 2nd round pick just because they are usually trash. That would be a childhood dream.

I wish they would go "aww hell, lets pick up this kid, since we're picking next to last anyways."

I would get drafted and they would let me stay at home and get some expierence under my belt, but people on this bbs, would wonder about me for 3 years before they totally give up.

3. compucomp

compucomp Member

http://sports.sohu.com/20060723/n244396696.shtml

Final score: China over Senegal 57-53. Wang Zhizhi 9/18 from the field, 20 points 10 rebounds. Yi Jianlian 6/11 from the field, 14 points 10 rebounds.

If these were the people that Badiane was guarding... I'd say he didn't do a very good job. The article says nothing about how much he scored, but it seems he put up a piddling 3 points 4 rebounds or something like that.

4. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

lol, if you had a team with the head/gay/wang combination

5. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Paging Ill Skillz...

6. cwww

cwww Member

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

To be fair with him, he grabbed 8 rebounds, 5 of which were offensive, and 3 defensive, and he played 18 some minutes.

This is the final box score.

http://live.basketfrance.com/edf/stats/ami_113.pdf

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

There is trash that might turn gold and completely worthless trash.

9. cwww

cwww Member

hmm... Does that mean he had 4 boards in the last 5 minutes he played? Seems like a good stats-padder... :D

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You're correct about the boards...So 2 points and 8 boards, 5 on the offensive side. Decent at best for what looked like an ugly game for all players. Still gainst France (Boris Diaw, Pietrus, Turiaf), 2 pts and 3 boards.... there's the breakthrough, lets bring him aboard!

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Hey Wang...

[​IMG]

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

While I hope that Malick becomes the second coming of Dream, let's face it, he only scored one more bucket than I did sitting here in Hutto.

I could be signed sign for a hell of a lot less and would agree to stay right here in Hutto. This would save an extra spot on the bench, yet I'm close enough that whenever they needed a quick six fouls I could be there much faster than Malick coming from Senegal.

I'm the perfect 15th man.

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually those piss poor performances were better than his summer league games last year.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This is not true in the slightest. Out of 30+ second round picks every year, only a half dozen or so make an NBA roster. One every 2 or 3 years becomes a starter or rotation player. One every 20 years becomes an all star.

The second round is the IDEAL place to take a project player, particularly one who already plays in Europe because the team doesn't have to pay him while he develops but still retains his rights.

If Spanoulis becomes a rotation player in the next couple of years, this will be a direct result of the Rockets taking him in the 2nd round and leaving him in Europe to develop for two years.

Second rounders are used mostly as camp filler or designated to Europe for development. The Rockets did what all other teams do in the second round with a guy like Badianne, so don't make it out to be a wasted pick.

15. superden

superden Contributing Member

I saw the thread when it was created rookie. By the way, it seemed like people actually enjoyed thread. It did get 5 stars after all :eek: